Latest Addition

Started by bob48, September 16, 2013, 01:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Your Siamese is going to be delighted! :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

He looks like a pretty cool dog!  Congrats on your new addition.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 28, 2013, 05:34:20 PM
I don't know what the hell happened today.  We left the house to go walk around a little festival.  Next thing I know we are talking to a dog rescue group and we ended up leaving with this guy.

We named him Coal who is an 11 week old black lab.

Awesome! He's a good looking dog.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 28, 2013, 06:08:12 PM

I suspect she will seek her revenge at about 0230.  We do have a 9 year old German Shepard/Plotzhound, so she's used to dogs.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 28, 2013, 07:11:17 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on September 28, 2013, 06:08:12 PM

I suspect she will seek her revenge at about 0230.  We do have a 9 year old German Shepard/Plotzhound, so she's used to dogs.

I used to keep a Nerf Ballzooka handy for when my cat decided he needed to hatch some mid night revenge on us. It got to the point that all I'd have to do is reach for it and he'd bolt. But the first few times were a blast as I'd blindly send Nerf balls hurling his direction.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!

It was awesome.

Bison

Well I sleep with a loaded water bottle on the night stand.   The NERF gun is a great idea, but my past history makes me a little shy of a self inflicted NERF injury.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 28, 2013, 09:46:06 PM
Well I sleep with a loaded water bottle on the night stand.   The NERF gun is a great idea, but my past history makes me a little shy of a self inflicted NERF injury.

You're wise to worry about self-inflicted wounds.

More worrisome is wife-inflicted wounds. She didn't appreciate the Ballzooka any more than the cat did.

However, persistence paid off. I explained that if she let me Ballzooka the cat, he'd eventually quit. She didn't believe me, and yelled at me when I ignored her. But the proof is in the the absence of the cat. He eventually realized that midnight banzai charges were a bad idea and quit.

I guess I do miss having a cat for that reason. It was fun Ballzookaing him when he'd wake us up in the middle of the night. I kinda missed it when he quit. Then it was like 15 years of emptying litter boxes. The best times were over too soon.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

our cat seems to be OK w/ the dog in the room at this point

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on September 30, 2013, 03:32:27 PM

Yawn!

lmfao - thats a brilliant pic - what the hell did you do to him?

bob48

She just like to watch Mrs B play WoW, which is obviously very tiring, so she takes a little snooze on the back of the chair. The missus said it keeps her back warm.

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

thats an eclectic mix of knick knackery you have there sir bob

bob48

That's the 'HER' side of the room, this is my side;

'Clip those corners'

bayonetbrant

pretty sure the comment still stands ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers