Steel Beasts 3.0 Now Available!

Started by trek, September 20, 2013, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

There are also a couple people at the official site that allow you to borrow a license for demo purpose.  I did this for about a week before purchasing.  Required a little setup, but nothing too difficult.


Nefaro

I would buy the latest Steel Beasts, and eat the high cost, if not for the DRM.  Not keen on renting games either, as that's the big question with all the Online Activation ones, too.  At least these guys don't try to sugar coat it by coming out and telling you the Online Activation version is a rental.

Meh.  Post some screenshots on occasion, I'll live with the occasional glimpse.




Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 21, 2013, 09:46:12 AM
I would buy the latest Steel Beasts, and eat the high cost, if not for the DRM.  Not keen on renting games either, as that's the big question with all the Online Activation ones, too.  At least these guys don't try to sugar coat it by coming out and telling you the Online Activation version is a rental.

Meh.  Post some screenshots on occasion, I'll live with the occasional glimpse.

I hope to soon....but appears their licensing company is having server issues and won't be addressable until Monday at the earliest.  Oh well, on to something else for now:)

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 21, 2013, 10:05:15 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 21, 2013, 09:46:12 AM
I would buy the latest Steel Beasts, and eat the high cost, if not for the DRM.  Not keen on renting games either, as that's the big question with all the Online Activation ones, too.  At least these guys don't try to sugar coat it by coming out and telling you the Online Activation version is a rental.

Meh.  Post some screenshots on occasion, I'll live with the occasional glimpse.

I hope to soon....but appears their licensing company is having server issues and won't be addressable until Monday at the earliest.  Oh well, on to something else for now:)

How frustrating is that? 


I'll try to keep the complaining to a simple minimum:


JudgeDredd

lol

I have to say - I think I'll NOT get this based on the issues already noted by Gus...and given the issues I've noticed of late with DRM.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

SgtRock

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 21, 2013, 02:28:58 PM
lol

I have to say - I think I'll NOT get this based on the issues already noted by Gus...and given the issues I've noticed of late with DRM.


Steel Beasts has the 2nd worst DRM, games should be hassle free, DRM like this is anything but.

Grim.Reaper

Good news today....the license issue was finally solved and able to proceed with playing the game.....however, bad news its now the work week and I have very little time to play:(

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 24, 2013, 06:13:56 PM
Good news today....the license issue was finally solved and able to proceed with playing the game.....however, bad news its now the work week and I have very little time to play:(

The need to work...the worst DRM scheme known to man!  ;D

Jack Nastyface

Amazing update to this game, although it is almost totally unplayable on my crap-ass computer.  Guess I am going to have to sell off a bunch of stuff so I can get a new rig.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on September 24, 2013, 10:47:13 PM
Amazing update to this game, although it is almost totally unplayable on my crap-ass computer.  Guess I am going to have to sell off a bunch of stuff so I can get a new rig.

I'm surprised you haven't had to regularly sell off stuff to keep purchasing Steel Beasts Pro updates!  :P

Jack Nastyface

^yeah...but the depth and realism of this game is just stunning.  Not only is it probably the best modern AFV simulator available, every update includes more and more features that enhance it's role as a small scale ground combat tactical simulator.  Taken together, Steel Beasts and now SBProPE have been on every gaming computer I've owned since it's release in 2000.  That's almost 14 years of gaming for about $175.  I think the only other title that has close to that tenure is Il-2 (and it's various add-ons), for which I've probably invested maybe $80 - $100.  I've probably spent more on other franchises (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, SWAT) but none of them are still on my 'puter. 
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.