Verdun - Indie Squad Based WWI shooter

Started by Gusington, September 21, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Verdun was just released in an 'early access launch' on Steam for ~13.50. It's a WWI squad based shooter developed by a team of three guys. Full release is this November. As far as I can tell there is no single player component. Anyone have it?

http://www.verdungame.com/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

spelk

I've got it, its a bit beta'ry at the moment, only has two modes, rifle deathmatch, and a zone capture team based match. Only played it a bit last night, its not bad, chugs a bit on my crappy laptop, you fight in squads of 4, an officer, a rifleman, a machine gunner and a grenadier. Theres a lot of trenches and big blastholes, to hide in, but I found it tricky just to stay alive enough to get a few shots off. The people playing it are obviously clued in, and know where to go on the map to crossfire a trench, so anyone pops their head out and wallop! Crawling about in the dirt, trying to get a vague bead on someone moving in the hazy distance, was a tall order. But I got one or two kills in the whole time I played. Not the 40+ some of the better players were getting. The rifle deathmatch was just terrible, hide in a bunker, pop head out, get crossfire from all around, dead, rinse and repeat. I don't normally like pure deathmatch games anyway, I like team based stuff. So I stayed clear of it after that.

Worth a shot if you want to taste a bit of World War I in your shooter, and more maps and modes are planned later on. But you can probably get the same level of "realism" and atmosphere if you play Darkest of Days WWI section.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd