Bacon, the alpha and omega of meats

Started by Centurion40, February 01, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

"How much bacon could you take in one sitting?"      ;D

http://gamquistu.com/quizzes/bacon

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

15 lbs, but I forgot to check one - I have had an entire breakfast of bacon. I said no, when I should have said yes.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

16 lbs for me as well. I question whether that's actually physically possible, but I'd certainly be willing to try.

Martok

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 23, 2012, 08:38:50 PM
"How much bacon could you take in one sitting?"      ;D

http://gamquistu.com/quizzes/bacon

Apparently, I too could consume 16 pounds.  Like AC, I'm not sure how possible that would actually be, but at least attempting to do so sounds like a worthy endeavor. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Mr. Bigglesworth

The harmless fun of this quiz might not be so harmless. If someone actually consumed that much salt it could kill them like a person dying of thirst consuming seawater.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

I'm delighted that Road Kill made the table!!  ;D
Any time is a good time for pie.

Windigo

I am stupified into an awe-like trance.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/burger-king-bacon-sundae-menu-article-1.1094390

QuoteBurger King wants to lure customers this summer with a barbecue party - and a bacon sundae.

The world's second biggest hamburger chain on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae - vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon - that started in Nashville, Tenn. earlier this year.

The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

TheCommandTent

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 13, 2012, 09:10:12 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/burger-king-bacon-sundae-menu-article-1.1094390

QuoteBurger King wants to lure customers this summer with a barbecue party - and a bacon sundae.

The world's second biggest hamburger chain on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae - vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon - that started in Nashville, Tenn. earlier this year.

The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

Not coming to Canada though!?!  :'(

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on June 16, 2012, 01:37:05 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 13, 2012, 09:10:12 AM

Not coming to Canada though!?!  :'(

That's called financial survival. The Canadian appetite for bacon would bankrupt the Canadian wing of Burger King.