FRIDAY was the day that twas.....GAMING THREAD

Started by JudgeDredd, October 18, 2013, 05:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

W8taminute

Quote from: Pinetree on October 18, 2013, 02:42:41 PM
3.   W8taminute can count to two.

Do I have disturbed mind if I think the first two are related?

No you don't because we all know a disturbed mind is a terrible thing to waste.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pinetree

Quote from: W8taminute on October 18, 2013, 02:46:58 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on October 18, 2013, 02:42:41 PM
3.   W8taminute can count to two.

Do I have disturbed mind if I think the first two are related?

No you don't because we all know a disturbed mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I've been a terribly wasted thing. Does that count? ;D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

LongBlade

Tropico 4 just dropped an Apocalypse DLC that I scooped up.

I also popped for an early look at Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

Started playing Crysis 2 last night, so I'll keep that going. And I plan to start up a solo campaign adventure of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I just need to decide which characters to use...


Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 18, 2013, 05:23:11 PM
And I plan to start up a solo campaign adventure of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I just need to decide which characters to use...

Been debating picking that up sometime.  Seems to be pretty popular right now.  Better mechanics than the D&D boardgames I take it?


-budd-

flashpoint campaigns and sniper elite for a break from flashpoint campaigns or something spooky if i can find the interest in it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rizik6

Mostly Flashpoint Campaigns with a little Civ 5 and King's Bounty thrown in here and there.

Toonces

FSX
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm


That's all I can commit to for sure this weekend.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on October 18, 2013, 06:30:05 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 18, 2013, 05:23:11 PM
And I plan to start up a solo campaign adventure of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I just need to decide which characters to use...

Been debating picking that up sometime.  Seems to be pretty popular right now.  Better mechanics than the D&D boardgames I take it?

I think there are some strong similarities in that it's a greatly simplified system with a fairly 'wash, rinse and repeat' turn structure. If you're looking for some kind of deep RPG experience, you aren't going to find it here. It isn't a dungeon crawl, but it is based almost entirely on one-shot encounters with the various cards you'll encounter at locations.

Martok

Quote from: OJsDad on October 18, 2013, 02:23:22 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 18, 2013, 08:49:30 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 18, 2013, 08:18:58 AM
Distant Worlds.
Hmm.  There's an idea.  I haven't played that one in a little while now.  :-[ 

Learning how to use fleet posture has made it a fun game for me again.  Still think there is some things lacking, but enjoying my current game.

I would highly suggest making research more expensive also.
Heh.  I was actually contemplating that very thing (making research more expensive).  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 19, 2013, 12:44:12 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 18, 2013, 06:30:05 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 18, 2013, 05:23:11 PM
And I plan to start up a solo campaign adventure of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I just need to decide which characters to use...

Been debating picking that up sometime.  Seems to be pretty popular right now.  Better mechanics than the D&D boardgames I take it?

I think there are some strong similarities in that it's a greatly simplified system with a fairly 'wash, rinse and repeat' turn structure. If you're looking for some kind of deep RPG experience, you aren't going to find it here. It isn't a dungeon crawl, but it is based almost entirely on one-shot encounters with the various cards you'll encounter at locations.

Yeah, it looks very much a card game.  That's not a bad thing in itself.

OJsDad

Taking time out from distant worlds. At Dave & Busters with the kids.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on October 19, 2013, 03:51:02 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 19, 2013, 12:44:12 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 18, 2013, 06:30:05 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 18, 2013, 05:23:11 PM
And I plan to start up a solo campaign adventure of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I just need to decide which characters to use...

Been debating picking that up sometime.  Seems to be pretty popular right now.  Better mechanics than the D&D boardgames I take it?

I think there are some strong similarities in that it's a greatly simplified system with a fairly 'wash, rinse and repeat' turn structure. If you're looking for some kind of deep RPG experience, you aren't going to find it here. It isn't a dungeon crawl, but it is based almost entirely on one-shot encounters with the various cards you'll encounter at locations.

Yeah, it looks very much a card game.  That's not a bad thing in itself.

Absolutely. I have enjoyed my two plays of the game so far, and there is a bit of character development. Every time you successfully complete a scenario (there are 8 in the base box, and a new pack of 5 scenarios will come out bi-monthly along with new Items, Weapons, Monsters, etc.), you get to add cards to your character decks or add new abilities and the like. It's fun, but it's simple.

Tuna

Had to work last night and today.. DR Test...
In between and tonight.. did a lot of FSX