SUV - 89 MPGe, 300 HP, 500ft-lbs

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, October 18, 2013, 04:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

Could be.

Our Prius gets right about 50 MPG. Upping that by 80% would be quite a feat. I'd love to see it.

Now let's find out how theory meets reality.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Its a plug in hybrid so part of that is just running off batteries. Electric only range 30 KM.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

30 is enough to get you to and from work. Not bad.

I don't know why, but I'm not fully comfortable with the "equivalent" discussion.

I know when I fill up the Prius that it takes ten gallons. We drive it 500 miles. It's empty. The math isn't difficult to see there.

I've heard stories where people were able to drive their Prius on empty for a couple of days (battery and recharge is that good). I have no desire to invite a long walk, so we generally fill up well before that happens.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

All plug in hybrids will have to use the equivalent rating. If a large chunk of their range came from a socket they cant claim it was MPG.

As a technology showcase it is impressive. As a vehicle for use I am pretty sure the cost of the tech will not be recovered in fuel use. When the tech is mature in its life cycle it should be cost effective, maybe 10 years after release.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on October 18, 2013, 04:59:34 PM
30 is enough to get you to and from work. Not bad.

I don't know why, but I'm not fully comfortable with the "equivalent" discussion.

I know when I fill up the Prius that it takes ten gallons. We drive it 500 miles. It's empty. The math isn't difficult to see there.

I've heard stories where people were able to drive their Prius on empty for a couple of days (battery and recharge is that good). I have no desire to invite a long walk, so we generally fill up well before that happens.

reads this... falls off chair
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Windigo on October 23, 2013, 09:56:06 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 18, 2013, 04:59:34 PM
30 is enough to get you to and from work. Not bad.

I don't know why, but I'm not fully comfortable with the "equivalent" discussion.

I know when I fill up the Prius that it takes ten gallons. We drive it 500 miles. It's empty. The math isn't difficult to see there.

I've heard stories where people were able to drive their Prius on empty for a couple of days (battery and recharge is that good). I have no desire to invite a long walk, so we generally fill up well before that happens.

reads this... falls off chair

Yeah, he's greener than you, mr high power 4x4.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.