Hunting - Crossbows

Started by Windigo, October 24, 2013, 09:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Windigo

so I am thinking of restarting my hunting expeditions. And I am thinking cross bow. They are legal in the province now and I am looking forward to trying something new. Advice from anyone who has some to share would be appreciated.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Grimnirsson

I am not a fan of hunting...and hunting with a cross bow...you are a good shooter with that weapon, aren't you? You won't experiment with it...just trying to kill something...to get some experience with the cross bow...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Dolan50

Yes,that could put quite a damper on any future hunting expeditions if you only wound the animal and spend the rest of the day chasing it down trying to put it out of its misery.
That is,unless you enjoy that sort of thing....
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Grimnirsson

Hunting in the USA is a bit different I know as some like hunting in full military camo guns ablaze with MGs...of course here's the European pussy speaking when it comes to hunting real man style and all...  ::)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Windigo

Hunting done right is more respectful of the animal and its specie in question being harvested, than some poor domestic critter living in confined conditions on some damnable factory farm being hormone up and never really living.

Hunting supports habitat... dollars to supermarket chains supports what exactly?


* see Bison, I do have a redneck core.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Grimnirsson

QuoteHunting done right is more respectful of the animal

I doubt a crossbow or a MG or something like that is 'hunting done right'...just sayin'
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Dolan50

I've only hunted once with my uncle when I was 13 years old.
I shot a deer and only wounded it,my uncle made me track it and finish the job and explained to me the whole time I was doing it how important it was not to treat hunting as a sport and how cruel it would be to leave the animal wounded and suffering.

After we finally caught up to the deer a few hours later,I was actually very sad about what I had done to this animal,and haven't hunted again since.

I'm sure I could hunt again in an emergency,but I never could do it as a sport.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Windigo

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 24, 2013, 02:13:59 PM
QuoteHunting done right is more respectful of the animal

I doubt a crossbow or a MG or something like that is 'hunting done right'...just sayin'

So what is hunting done right in your books?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Grimnirsson

Crossbows, Bows, automatic weapons, dynamite etc. are not part of it...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Windigo

Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 24, 2013, 03:10:09 PM
Crossbows, Bows, automatic weapons, dynamite etc. are not part of it...

blackpowder musket?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Grimnirsson

You know what? Go hunting...use whatever you want to kill, to practice, to experiment, to have fun, whatever...if you start such a thread here you can not really expect that all replies are 'Wow! You are da man, with a crossbow!! Awesome, you da killa, you cool' ... just go and shoot whatever seems to make a move (be careful some things that move are just trees in the wind)...you'll go hunting anyway so why do you post about it here? Getting 'advice'? What kind of helpful advice?  'You know, you take that crossbow and try to aim and try to kill...it's easy. If you are not good with crossbow, you try again...just shoot until animal dead...or at least not moving anymore...easy'

::)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Windigo on October 24, 2013, 03:15:12 PM
Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 24, 2013, 03:10:09 PM
Crossbows, Bows, automatic weapons, dynamite etc. are not part of it...

blackpowder musket?

strangulation
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dolan50

HaHa.

I'd like to see some of the He Men around here go out and hunt a grizly bear with just a knife or bare hands and strangle it.
That would certainly make for an interesting hunting story.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on October 24, 2013, 02:05:26 PM
Hunting supports habitat... dollars to supermarket chains supports what exactly?

The people who work there and the people who shop there.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on October 24, 2013, 05:34:08 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 24, 2013, 02:05:26 PM
Hunting supports habitat... dollars to supermarket chains supports what exactly?

The people who work there and the people who shop there.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.