Hunting - Crossbows

Started by Windigo, October 24, 2013, 09:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

hence the lack of outdoorsmen/hunting cred.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

Quote from: Windigo on October 28, 2013, 09:27:12 AMrugged amateur paleontologists don't wear/use pink...

if I ever meet one or interact with one online, I'll be sure to remember that
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 28, 2013, 10:44:44 AM
Quote from: Windigo on October 28, 2013, 09:27:12 AMrugged amateur paleontologists don't wear/use pink...

if I ever meet one or interact with one online, I'll be sure to remember that

he'll likely be hanging out with the tankers
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Wholesale Sports has a sale going on until Nov 10th 20 - 25% off bows and bow accessories.  Their mail order service sucks but their in-store staff has been great in my dealings with them.  I think they've got some shops up near that frozen hellhole you call home.

MikeGER

#49
Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 24, 2013, 03:10:09 PM
Crossbows, Bows, automatic weapons, dynamite etc. are not part of it...

what would be more natural than hunting with a bow ! ;D

especially if the bow and arrows in question may have been made by hand yourself   ...well, after attending some lectures, which get teached at natural history museums 'n such.... and lots of target practice.

yeah, its against the hunting-law here, and allways will be -not because of the animals not dead on the spot!
No, cause of the rich dentists, layers, landlords  and company-owner  hunting-area-renter crowd want to keep it exclusive & traditional in their 'upper-class' circles... just like in the past, hunting is for the nobles.

Not all traditional hunter's in Germany are straight-shooters. Some also just wound the deer or wild-pig  and it has to be tracked down for hours in the undergrow with trained dogs.
Also those especially feed the game in winter, there is already to much game running in the woods (the wood owner complain already) just so the game survives to have a nice target rich hunting environment next season. 
Hypocrisy! 

Windigo

Quote from: MikeGER on October 28, 2013, 12:05:15 PM
Quote from: Grimnirsson on October 24, 2013, 03:10:09 PM
Crossbows, Bows, automatic weapons, dynamite etc. are not part of it...

what would be more natural than hunting with a bow ! ;D

especially if the bow and arrows in question may have been made by hand yourself   ...well, after attending some lectures, which get teached at natural history museums 'n such.... and lots of target practice.

yeah, its against the hunting-law here, and allways will be -not because of the animals not dead on the spot!
No, cause of the rich dentists, layers, landlords  and company-owner  hunting-area-renter crowd want to keep it exclusive & traditional in their 'upper-class' circles... just like in the past, hunting is for the nobles.

Not all traditional hunter's in Germany are straight-shooters. Some also just wound the deer or wild-pig  and it has to be tracked down for hours in the undergrow with trained dogs.
Also those especially feed the game in winter, there is already to much game running in the woods (the wood owner complain already) just so the game survives to have a nice target rich hunting environment next season. 


around here, the hunting season is relatively short, but you reminded me that wild boar is considered a pest around here (year round hunting, no licence required). I wonder what wild boar bacon tastes like?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

MikeGER

Quote from: Windigo on October 28, 2013, 12:14:14 PM
I wonder what wild boar bacon tastes like?

lets us know when you got it prepared :) .... and maybe think about taking a GoPro cam on your boar hunts 8)   

Windigo

Quote from: MikeGER on October 28, 2013, 12:17:21 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 28, 2013, 12:14:14 PM
I wonder what wild boar bacon tastes like?

lets us know when you got it prepared :) .... and maybe think about taking a GoPro cam on your boar hunts 8)

Hmmm, I can see a plan unfolding here. I wonder if those gopros could mount on the crossbow ... perhaps over the scope?

getting <60 yards from a wild boar could be a worthy challenge.....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

ya.... dont go boar hunting with a crossbow.  we kind of like you not in the hospital in ICU.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 28, 2013, 12:53:04 PM
ya.... dont go boar hunting with a crossbow.  we kind of like you not in the hospital in ICU.

Unless you also carry a spear or sword.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

MikeGER

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on October 28, 2013, 03:06:42 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 28, 2013, 12:53:04 PM
ya.... dont go boar hunting with a crossbow.  we kind of like you not in the hospital in ICU.

Unless you also carry a spear or sword.

yes a 'Saufeder'

airboy

I went quail hunting today.

My buddy gave me a package of wild pig sausage.

Where I live, a lot of land owners will let you go shoot pigs for free.  Outside of deer season, you can hunt wild pigs over bait.

Windigo

Let me know how it tastes Attaboy. I definitly am considering a wild pig hunt.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Windigo on October 28, 2013, 04:56:36 PM
Let me know how it tastes Attaboy. I definitly am considering a wild pig hunt.

^^^ to easy.  8)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 28, 2013, 05:00:51 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 28, 2013, 04:56:36 PM
Let me know how it tastes Attaboy. I definitly am considering a wild pig hunt.

^^^ to easy.  8)

that's admirable restraint... here have a recognition award

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.