Clockwork Empires Steampunk game laden with WTF?

Started by undercovergeek, October 31, 2013, 05:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Rayfer

LOL...very odd trailer, don't know what to think?

Steelgrave

Wow! Someone did a lot of drugs while working on that one! Which won't stop me from buying it if it's any good!

Nefaro

It's a Steampunk city-builder with some Lovecraftian elements tossed in.  Created by the guys who did the roguelike Dungeons of Dredmor.  I played the latter over 200 hours and would still happily start it up again.  Hopefully they do as well in the city builder genre. 

Insta-buy.

Arctic Blast

Depressed colonists who turn to drink to deal with the dangers of their everyday lives? Cultists summoning Lovecraftian monstrosities from beyond the stars? A lot of people on fire?


Steelgrave

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 31, 2013, 11:55:29 PM
Depressed colonists who turn to drink to deal with the dangers of their everyday lives? Cultists summoning Lovecraftian monstrosities from beyond the stars? A lot of people on fire?



Yes, it DOES sound like a weekend BBQ at Star's house, doesn't it???

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Steelgrave on November 01, 2013, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 31, 2013, 11:55:29 PM
Depressed colonists who turn to drink to deal with the dangers of their everyday lives? Cultists summoning Lovecraftian monstrosities from beyond the stars? A lot of people on fire?



Yes, it DOES sound like a weekend BBQ at Star's house, doesn't it???

Fire, depression, alcohol abuse and Cthulhu... Now here I was sure that everyone would think of me!

Great looking game!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 01, 2013, 07:31:41 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 01, 2013, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 31, 2013, 11:55:29 PM
Depressed colonists who turn to drink to deal with the dangers of their everyday lives? Cultists summoning Lovecraftian monstrosities from beyond the stars? A lot of people on fire?



Yes, it DOES sound like a weekend BBQ at Star's house, doesn't it???

Fire, depression, alcohol abuse and Cthulhu... Now here I was sure that everyone would think of me!

Great looking game!

It was missing porn and medieval France references so we sill didn't attribute it to you :P

Gusington

Throw some porn into the mix and that has Game of the Year potential.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on November 01, 2013, 07:34:32 AM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 01, 2013, 07:31:41 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 01, 2013, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 31, 2013, 11:55:29 PM
Depressed colonists who turn to drink to deal with the dangers of their everyday lives? Cultists summoning Lovecraftian monstrosities from beyond the stars? A lot of people on fire?



Yes, it DOES sound like a weekend BBQ at Star's house, doesn't it???

Fire, depression, alcohol abuse and Cthulhu... Now here I was sure that everyone would think of me!

Great looking game!

It was missing porn and medieval France references so we sill didn't attribute it to you :P

Ha!

Nailed it :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

RooksBailey

This sounds like a great game, sort of like a Monty Python version of Crusader Kings 2.   :D  I hope they can pull it off.  I was reading one of the previews where the devs were throwing a lot of great ideas around but when questioned on implementation, they kept saying stuff like "we still are working on getting it in the game in a fun way" etc. etc.  It is not easy to implement such free-form stuff. 

Still, I have my fingers crossed.  I've been hoping for a more accessible Dwarf Fortress for years.   :)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

bob48

Monty Python version of Crusader Kings 2

Just the thought of that made me chuckle  :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

RooksBailey

Quote from: bob48 on November 02, 2013, 06:50:13 AM
Monty Python version of Crusader Kings 2

Just the thought of that made me chuckle  :)

That would make for a good CK2 mod!  Could you imagine a killer rabbit random event?  ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

bob48

As long as the Holy Hand Grenade was on the research tree.............

Consult the Book of Armaments!  :) :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!