Matrix Holiday Sale Starts Tomorrow (21st November)

Started by JudgeDredd, November 20, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

I'm looking at the Scourge of War package, Field of Glory + Storm of Arrows, and maybe TOAW 3.

I've been holding out for FoG for a while, so I think it's time to finally give it a go.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

The Tin Soldiers series; is it Command and Colors on the PC or not so much?  I didn't find too much written about it here in the forums, I haven't checked to see if any reviews were written.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

FlickJax

Quote from: FlickJax on November 25, 2013, 12:24:29 PM
oh dear choices -

Option 1 - DC Case Blue
Option 2 - COH and COH Ghost
Option 3 - Gettysberg
Option 4 - Distant Worlds Shadows


Oh i just dont know......

Still don't know...ok I think DW shadows can wait....so it's out of options 1-3 oh i wish i had more money!!!!

undercovergeek


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


FlickJax


JudgeDredd

IMO board games don't always translate well to the computer. They are always missing something.

I dropped out of beta testing because it just wasn't giving me the enjoyment the board game did. It went 3D and the rules had changed (not by the computer game designer but by the board game developers request).

Anyway - Eric made a great job of it and I was pleased to see the board game mechanics were "fully" implemented with high def 2D counters and map...but it was still missing something. Some board games need to stay 100% faithful - and even then, they lose that certain something in transition...and for me this was one of those games.

As I said - they did a great job but my love for the board game couldn't be found in the computer game.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: FlickJax on November 26, 2013, 09:37:41 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on November 25, 2013, 12:24:29 PM
oh dear choices -

Option 1 - DC Case Blue
Option 2 - COH and COH Ghost
Option 3 - Gettysberg
Option 4 - Distant Worlds Shadows


Oh i just dont know......

Still don't know...ok I think DW shadows can wait....so it's out of options 1-3 oh i wish i had more money!!!!

Gettysburg, hands down. Don't get me wrong, DC Case Blue is great. But if you've never played Gettysburg, you gotta jump on that. It's amazing.

Tpek

Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 12:24:54 AM
I'm looking at the Scourge of War package, Field of Glory + Storm of Arrows, and maybe TOAW 3.

I've been holding out for FoG for a while, so I think it's time to finally give it a go.

SoW has a discount on a package?
I looked at the collection-version and it didn't seem discounted.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on November 26, 2013, 05:11:25 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 12:24:54 AM
I'm looking at the Scourge of War package, Field of Glory + Storm of Arrows, and maybe TOAW 3.

I've been holding out for FoG for a while, so I think it's time to finally give it a go.

SoW has a discount on a package?
I looked at the collection-version and it didn't seem discounted.

Must be the individual ones?

I still need to get Pipe Creek.  Maybe some day a few of you hoodlums would get together for some SOW Co-Op.


Also.. I thought Field of Glory was supposed to get some big revision update by some 3rd party?  Did those plans get cancelled?  Or is it going the route of "Admiral's Edition" where we'll have to purchase them all again?  I've been wanting to get the Immortal Fire one (or whatever the Greco-Persian one is) at the least but it'll really piss me off if I end up having to buy it twice.

Toonces

I meant buying all the Scourge of War games...they don't come bundled as far as I know.  Sorry for the confusion.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GibbyG

Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
I meant buying all the Scourge of War games...they don't come bundled as far as I know.  Sorry for the confusion.

There is a Gettysburg 150th edition that contains all the games, however it is not on sale since it includes Brandy Station which is fairly new and not on sale.

Toonces

That might be just the ticket then.  I'll have to do some math here...let's see...carry the one...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

That's really interesting that they didn't mark off Brandy Station and sell the whole bundle at a discount.  I just looked it up and Brandy Station is only $10.  Seems like it might have been nice to just bundle them and sell the whole thing at the discounted price which is still a few bucks less than full price.

Anyway, I just might pick them up individually.  I have the original Gettysburg with the 1-PC DRM and it might be nice to just buy it again from Matrix on sale so I don't have to worry about that pesky single install DRM bull.  They're solid games so I'm sure I'll game my gaming's worth out of them.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs