Matrix Holiday Sale Starts Tomorrow (21st November)

Started by JudgeDredd, November 20, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: republic on November 22, 2013, 10:28:41 AM
You'd think they'd have thought of this before announcing the sale.    :-\
They know what they're doing. They have the figures to back it up. When will you learn?  :P

Seriously though...they have some great products, they have great  customer service (apart from all the marketing "company line" BS that's crept in over the last few years) and some great staff...but their purchasing system, whilst better than I recall it to be with DR, still requires some major effort on their part to provide that top quality service.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2013, 10:38:13 AM
Quote from: republic on November 22, 2013, 10:28:41 AM
You'd think they'd have thought of this before announcing the sale.    :-\
They know what they're doing. They have the figures to back it up. When will you learn?  :P

Seriously though...they have some great products, they have great  customer service (apart from all the marketing "company line" BS that's crept in over the last few years) and some great staff...but their purchasing system, whilst better than I recall it to be with DR, still requires some major effort on their part to provide that top quality service.

dont forget their awesome reasoning for not providing demos

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Greybriar on November 22, 2013, 07:19:31 AM
Here's Ian's post from the Matrix forums:

"Hi guys,

due to the sheer number of games we have now the task of updating the manually has become enormous. Its so big we've realized we cant do it by hand. We are working with Plimus to create an automated batch process to update the prices but this wont be available to run till next week. This means a short delay on the sale.

Sorry for any inconvenience guys."


It is timestamped 11/22/2013 3:54:37 AM.

Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

steve58

Well, they've not yet announced anything, but the prices seem to be down on some items (e.g. Panthers in the Fog for $26)...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

SgtRock

#36
It's up but, I'm not impressed!

http://www.slitherinebravo.net/pr/HolidaySale2013/MG_MG_SALES_HolidaySale2013_CatalogMG_01.pdf

- Still no Panzer Corp bundle.

- No Distant Worlds bundle.

- They aren't even matching the sale price of products that went on sale during the year (Advance Tactics Gold was $19.99 on sale before now it's $25.99)  The same with Close Combat games, WITP AE and others.  :-\


JudgeDredd

oops. I made a boo boo.

I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!

That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Greybriar

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2013, 11:39:49 AM
oops. I made a boo boo.

I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!

That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!

Did you get the $52.99 + tax Download or the $67.99 + tax Boxed Edition of War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JudgeDredd

Download

But I've always bought download and always paid 20% on top...plus the final page has always told me that. I was fully expecting a final page with the price + tax which I normally get...and I didn't.

Oh well...I won't be using that "price checking" process again
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2013, 11:39:49 AM
oops. I made a boo boo.

I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!

That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!

ITS A RUSE!!!!!! dont believe him......................

hes now mentally spent the £50 by accident, its now only another £70 leap to WIF - hes paying in installments

I KNEW IT!!!!

airboy

Matrix has trained me well.  If it is not on sale, wait a year and it will appear on sale.

Allied Corps - wait till next year.

Original Distant Worlds - welcome to my home.

PanzersEast


FlickJax

oh dear choices -

Option 1 - DC Case Blue
Option 2 - COH and COH Ghost
Option 3 - Gettysberg
Option 4 - Distant Worlds Shadows


Oh i just dont know......

JudgeDredd

lol - it really wasn't what I was expecting. I was likely going to pick it up - and it seems I may have got it VAT free anyway...so I'm not too put out...but still...the usual page didn't show
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people