Main Menu

Steam Autumn Sale

Started by PanzersEast, November 26, 2013, 02:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast


Sir Slash

Skyrim for $7.50!!?? Damn, I'm tempted to buy it again for that price. :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

PanzersEast

Couple of interesting deals:

Space Hulk   -66%   $10.19

Prison Architect   -50%   $14.99

Rogue Legacy   -66%   $5.09

Left 4 Dead 2   -75%   $4.99

Skyrim Legendary   -66%   $20.39



PE

BanzaiCat

I'm highly tempted to get Skyrim for 7.49, especially as I have just over nine bucks left in my Steam wallet...

Really wanted the Legendary Edition though...might have to spring that extra $10...lol.

Gusington

Wow I spent way more than that just on Skyrim DLC...:/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Have to ask....

Two game that interest me are Prison Architect and Space Hulk.... verdict on these?


PE

ComradeP

Recent Prison Architect discussion thread: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8294.0

Space Hulk discussion thread around release, linked to the first page with impressions: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=7093.45
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

PanzersEast

#22
Quote from: ComradeP on November 27, 2013, 01:27:42 PM
Recent Prison Architect discussion thread: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8294.0

Space Hulk discussion thread around release, linked to the first page with impressions: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=7093.45

I looked through those, but the Prison Architect does not give a lot of feedback.. and they have both been updated/patched and DLC released for SH, so I was looking for a more up to date feedback. 


____________________________________
Edit....

To heck with it... I really don't need anything and will probably just pick up PA as it has been on my Wish list since Early Access was announced.  Most everything else on my wish list I will skip unless it falls under the amount I am willing to pay (which is pretty low right now).....  7 Grand Steps is one I have been wanting to play, but I will not pay over $5 for it and it never has gotten that low.


PE

Tpek

You should note that if you scroll to the bottom of the Steam main page you will a reversed-upside-down writing of "Spring Sale 2013" :P
Since it is currently spring in the southern hemisphere.

BanzaiCat

^ Yeah, that was a pretty cool touch. :)

I pulled the trigger on Skyrim, the basic edition. I'll just get the DLCs later. Couldn't pass up that price!

Space Hulk is on my list too, and I've read good things about Prison Architect...I initially stayed away from it because it sounded like yet another Tycoon-type game, but apparently it's better than that.


JudgeDredd

Nothing of interest to me. F1 2013 - but it's not cheap enough at £24
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

PanzersEast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 27, 2013, 02:01:17 PM
^ Yeah, that was a pretty cool touch. :)

I pulled the trigger on Skyrim, the basic edition. I'll just get the DLCs later. Couldn't pass up that price!

Space Hulk is on my list too, and I've read good things about Prison Architect...I initially stayed away from it because it sounded like yet another Tycoon-type game, but apparently it's better than that.

Trust me, I have not purchased the DLC for Skyrim and there are a ton of things to see and do and some DLC quality mods as well.... you will be busy for a long time.

Same here for PA, think I will finally jump on board.  Maybe I will pick up Space Hulk next year when there is a package deal for the DLC.... but for now, I think I will skip.

PE

RedArgo

I'm interested in Skyrim and Steam also has Baldur's Gate Enhanced for $10.  Maybe I'll end up with both.

One question on Skyrim, what is the perspective?  I watched a trailer and I couldn't really tell.  Games like Doom 3 and Portal 2 have made me nauseous in the past and I'd prefer to avoid that.  :)

Thanks.

PanzersEast

Quote from: RedArgo on November 27, 2013, 03:06:35 PM
I'm interested in Skyrim and Steam also has Baldur's Gate Enhanced for $10.  Maybe I'll end up with both.

One question on Skyrim, what is the perspective?  I watched a trailer and I couldn't really tell.  Games like Doom 3 and Portal 2 have made me nauseous in the past and I'd prefer to avoid that.  :)

Thanks.

Skyrim has both 1st and 3rd person viewpoints.  You can switch to which ever you want and the 3rd person also has a zoom option.


PE

BanzaiCat

Quote from: RedArgo on November 27, 2013, 03:06:35 PM
I'm interested in Skyrim and Steam also has Baldur's Gate Enhanced for $10.  Maybe I'll end up with both.

Thanks.

Baldur's Gate Enhanced is a little buggy on my system, but I'm running an older rig with Vista 64-bit. The game crashes just about every time I play it; sometimes I can get through 20 minutes or so, but I constantly have to save to avoid starting all over again, which doesn't make it much fun as the crashes are fairly random.