Main Menu

Steam Autumn Sale

Started by PanzersEast, November 26, 2013, 02:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

I never thought about the people in the Southern Hemisphere having to have the writing upside down to read it. That's soooo.. thoughtful of Steam. A real class act. Of course nobody south of the equator can read this unless they're standing on their heads, so sorry to my southern brothers. ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tpek

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 27, 2013, 03:20:19 PM
Quote from: RedArgo on November 27, 2013, 03:06:35 PM
I'm interested in Skyrim and Steam also has Baldur's Gate Enhanced for $10.  Maybe I'll end up with both.

Thanks.

Baldur's Gate Enhanced is a little buggy on my system, but I'm running an older rig with Vista 64-bit. The game crashes just about every time I play it; sometimes I can get through 20 minutes or so, but I constantly have to save to avoid starting all over again, which doesn't make it much fun as the crashes are fairly random.

I've got a Win7 64 bit and the game runs perfectly well with no crashes.
Maybe it's about time to switch to a REAL OS? ;)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Tpek on November 27, 2013, 03:24:44 PM
I've got a Win7 64 bit and the game runs perfectly well with no crashes.
Maybe it's about time to switch to a REAL OS? ;)

Don't I know it.  :(

I'm waiting for next spring when I get my bonus; then I'm getting a new gaming rig.

RedArgo

thanks guys, Skyrim it is then, and maybe BGE too, I'm very weak

Kushan

Since I'm considering upgrading my video card to a GTX770, and although I'm really tempted by some of the prices, I think I'm going to pass on getting anything right now. My back log is worse then its ever been anyway.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Grim.Reaper

I know the hardest part for me in these sales is looking through all the sales items efficiently....this is a tool that I have used that makes it easier and is for steam, gamersgate, etc.  I like it because everything is in a nice list versus hunting through the sites.

http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/steam/

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2013, 05:37:02 PM
I know the hardest part for me in these sales is looking through all the sales items efficiently....this is a tool that I have used that makes it easier and is for steam, gamersgate, etc.  I like it because everything is in a nice list versus hunting through the sites.

http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/steam/

Yeah, much easier to find stuff that way. 

The Steam site sucks for searching big sales.  Their client-based browser is terrible so using a web browser is a must for saving your spot when checking further details.  The sale site compilation stuff like Didimatic makes it more efficient.

Ubercat

You guys that have Baldurs Gate Enhanced, a question. Can you save your game in any spot? I had an older version a couple of years ago and I could only save in town. It was a big PitA to keep getting wiped out by this ogre and then have to load the save file and run back out in to the countryside. If I could save right before the fight and avoid taking the same trip over and over it might be worth picking up.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Arctic Blast

#38
Picked up a couple if indies today. Rogue Legacy is yet another roguelike that will have me cursing the entire damn genre. Eldritch looks like an FPS set in a Minecraft template, only loaded down with Lovecraftian monsters and magic and stuff. It will either be completely awesome or absolutely suck.

Nefaro

I grabbed some of the Rise Of Flight DLC packs, which are 50% off.   Fortunately the Steam version has numerous planes in just a few bundles so it doesn't feel quite as nickle & diming.  Especially after waiting for a Steam sale.

I've been tempted to finally buy my last piece of flight sim hardware, a set of rudder pedals, but I've already gone a bit nuts Xmas shopping this year.  Thankfully nearly all the shopping is done already.  I can do without rudder pedal fluff since it translates into a few more computer & boardgames. 

Rayfer

Quote from: Ubercat on November 27, 2013, 08:42:08 PM
You guys that have Baldurs Gate Enhanced, a question. Can you save your game in any spot? I had an older version a couple of years ago and I could only save in town. It was a big PitA to keep getting wiped out by this ogre and then have to load the save file and run back out in to the countryside. If I could save right before the fight and avoid taking the same trip over and over it might be worth picking up.

Yes, you can save anywhere, but you could do that in the original as well.  Are you sure you are thinking about Baldurs Gate or confusing it with another game or was there a console version of the game?  I played the enhanced version recently on Vista 64 bit and had zero issues with crashes, etc.  I like the fact that it looks better but more important you can zoom in and out, the zoom out is very helpful in getting a bigger view of what's going on around you.

Ubercat

Quote from: Rayfer on November 28, 2013, 07:30:57 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on November 27, 2013, 08:42:08 PM
You guys that have Baldurs Gate Enhanced, a question. Can you save your game in any spot? I had an older version a couple of years ago and I could only save in town. It was a big PitA to keep getting wiped out by this ogre and then have to load the save file and run back out in to the countryside. If I could save right before the fight and avoid taking the same trip over and over it might be worth picking up.

Yes, you can save anywhere, but you could do that in the original as well.  Are you sure you are thinking about Baldurs Gate or confusing it with another game or was there a console version of the game?  I played the enhanced version recently on Vista 64 bit and had zero issues with crashes, etc.  I like the fact that it looks better but more important you can zoom in and out, the zoom out is very helpful in getting a bigger view of what's going on around you.

It was definitely Baldur's Gate, and I could only save in town. Thanks for the feedback.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

W8taminute

I picked up Company of Heroes 2 and Brave New World DLC for CiV yesterday.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ComradeP

#43
Dead Island, X-Com Enemy Unknown 75% off. Baldur's Gate II Enhanced 60% off.

Yesterday's deals are also still valid it seems.

The Dawn of War series and the Lego games (or most of them, the new Marvel one is 25%) are also on sale for 50% off. Lego Star Wars isn't on sale, it seems.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Toonces

BG2 60% off sounds like a must-buy for me.  Going to check it out now...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs