"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

I added Sir you are being hunted and Call of juarez gunslinger to my total.
The List
DOD:source
prison architect [got 20 hours into this one already]
Sir you are being hunted
Call of Juarez-Gunslinger
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

#136
The Dragon Age Ultimate Edition is only 7.49 on Steam. That's the original DA game with all the DLCs and add-ons. I'm tempted even though I own the damn game on DVD (sans any DLC or add-ons, though).

Edit: Went ahead and bought it. There's so much additional content that I thought it was worth the 7.49 to get it.

I believe that makes it $49.04 for me so far, now, with that FFG Pyramids of Horus purchase. I hope it arrives tomorrow as UPS is reporting!

-budd-

I broke down and got Dragon Age Origins Ultimate edition also.....damn i'm weak.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

chemkid

dear budd, just read your sig... i can feel your pain, but you know what?!

i just uninstalled my steam client - it really helps! ;)

cheers!
chem!

(said the chem and went to prepare to buy 'all' JTS panzer campaigns... sorry... hadda let you know... ;) )

undercovergeek

if it counts i would add Fallout 1 and 2 for free - but Gogs having a heart attack

PanzersEast

Add:

Rome Total War II


Grand Total So Far:


Games
  • Rome Total War II  $23.00
  • Prison Architect  $14.99
  • Steam Marines   $3.99
  • Survivor Squad   $4.49

DLC
  • FE:LH Dead World DLC $2.49
  • Sanctum 2 DLC   $1.58


Already over my hoped to be budget....

PE

-budd-

#141
Quote from: chemkid on December 12, 2013, 11:33:20 AM
dear budd, just read your sig... i can feel your pain, but you know what?!

i just uninstalled my steam client - it really helps! ;)

cheers!
chem!

(said the chem and went to prepare to buy 'all' JTS panzer campaigns... sorry... hadda let you know... ;) )

Well up until this past Feb. Steam wasn't installed for about 5 years, had about 25 games on steam up until that point and all except 2 were free...now i look and somehow i've reached 90 games...WTF :o  think i'm making up for lost time. My new years resolution is to not buy, but play what i have until this time next year.....of course i still have all the holiday sales to look into ;D ...That 5 years was all wargaming all the time when i played.

by the way how  many JTS games you getting?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

chemkid

... sorry for hijacking the 'holiday-sales-damage-thread' - the damage so far
(seasons damage! no sales, i guess, just a few discounts here and there):

GTOS + ww2 dlc's,
battlefront's scww1 bundle,
men of war - AS,
2x2's black turn dlc

@budd - ... watching bugfixes for wif rushing in -  in the meantime enjoying scwwi-breakthrough... and trying the mius-demo from JTS, i'm thinking about buying into the panzer campaigns-series... maybe one or two games a month... starting in 2014 (my new years resolution...)

cheers everyone!
chem!

Tuna

Quote from: Tuna on December 03, 2013, 10:13:12 PM
Been all FSX all the way... haven't even looked at the other sales (I'm sick I know)

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended
FS Dream Team JFK Airport
Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest
Orbx - FTX: NA KORS Orcas Island


and it continues

SunnySkyJet  KPHL airport (FREE)
Orbx - FTX: NA 1S2 Darrington Municipal Airport
RealAir Duke Turbine (LOVE THIS PLANE)
Carenado C337H Skymaster
Carenado  Cessna 182 Skylane II RG
Milviz Baron 55 (LOVE THIS PLANE)

Rayfer

Well, holiday sale damage can be something more than just monetary.  Got Bard's Tale on GOG today for $2.49. Though the dialogue is funny in a juvenile, sarcastic way, it is just an awful game....the camera angle/view and the UI are painful making the game (IMHO) next to impossible to enjoy.

-budd-

Quote from: -budd- on December 10, 2013, 11:04:10 PM
I added Sir you are being hunted and Call of juarez gunslinger to my total.
The List
DOD:source
prison architect [got 20 hours into this one already]
Sir you are being hunted
Call of Juarez-Gunslinger
Dragon Age Origins ultimate
Aliens: Colonial Marines

and the list grows
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on December 17, 2013, 07:30:26 PM
Well, holiday sale damage can be something more than just monetary.  Got Bard's Tale on GOG today for $2.49. Though the dialogue is funny in a juvenile, sarcastic way, it is just an awful game....the camera angle/view and the UI are painful making the game (IMHO) next to impossible to enjoy.

I picked that newer one up awhile back just to get the old ones.  Unfortunately the old ones use some piece of crap emulator that runs slow as frozen snot and you have to run the new game to even get to them.  May as well just track down the DOS versions and use DOSbox.  :-\

Gusington

I caved on Wings Over Flanders Fields today...but I am happy I did :)

BTW I loved the original Dragon Age...great game that I played for months.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Quote from: -budd- on December 20, 2013, 02:51:28 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 10, 2013, 11:04:10 PM
I added Sir you are being hunted and Call of juarez gunslinger to my total.
The List
DOD:source
prison architect [got 20 hours into this one already]
Sir you are being hunted
Call of Juarez-Gunslinger
Dragon Age Origins ultimate
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Dark Messiah
Ace Patrol
Hard Reset

and the list grows

updated....the list grows.....longer
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I checked my credit card statement and discovered they had double charged me for a purchase last month so I had a $172 credit.  I ended up buying into the pre-alpha access for IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad.  (I blame the several bottles of Winter Ale I drank prior to purchase.)