Main Menu

Steam Down

Started by LongBlade, December 10, 2013, 11:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 15, 2013, 07:14:54 PM
Is it possible Steam gets bought out? Sure. But it's going to cost someone a massive amount more than D2D went for. I'm not really worried about it happening any time soon.

If it does I won't be happy (unless it gets even better) but right now I know that the games I have on Steam are updated to run on a current OS.

I haven't found a game yet that they haven't updated to run.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Rayfer

Speaking of Steam...are they having a holiday sale this year and if so, when?

BanzaiCat

December 19, if the 'leaked' info can be believed.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 16, 2013, 02:47:31 PM
December 19, if the 'leaked' info can be believed.

I recall last year the rumor being somewhat similar, but the actual Xmas sale not starting until a couple days later.  Wasn't it like the 21st or 22nd last year?

BanzaiCat

I think so, yes. But I don't recall the exact start date. I received a $50 Steam card for Christmas and didn't get to use it until Christmas Day...and Steam's servers blew up and were screwed I think all day.

Tpek

I thought it was supposed to be on the 20th this time.

Arctic Blast

21st seems unlikely, since I've never seen a Steam sale start on a Saturday. 19th or 20th should be it.

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 16, 2013, 06:24:57 PM
21st seems unlikely, since I've never seen a Steam sale start on a Saturday. 19th or 20th should be it.


... or the 23rd.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on December 16, 2013, 08:30:50 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 16, 2013, 06:24:57 PM
21st seems unlikely, since I've never seen a Steam sale start on a Saturday. 19th or 20th should be it.


... or the 23rd.

Possible, but also abandoning 3 or 4 days of raking in the cash.  ;D