How do you spell relief? F-R-I-D-A-Y!

Started by MetalDog, December 13, 2013, 07:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

The release of the new version of the Third Age TW mod has me going back through my old version saves to maybe finish-up a campaign or two before trying out this new puppy. That's AFTER going to see the new Hobbit movie. So it's a "Middle-Earth" weekend for me. :)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Hmmmmm...maybe some Starbound, XCOM and SF2: Vietnam.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Lots of good gaming.

RAF Battle of Britain:Eagle AAR to complete (I will this weekend)
DTM Racing I cannot believe I bought this after pumping money into Race Room Racing Eperience and seeing nothing but paid for DLC!!! (but I do love DTM)
Splinter Cell:Blacklist - loving this
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Shelldrake

Quote from: bboyer66 on December 13, 2013, 09:09:24 AM
World of tanks, in my new German TD with autoloader.

Prison Architect

Stanley Parable



Now that is a bad-ass TD!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 13, 2013, 09:49:01 AM
The release of the new version of the Third Age TW mod has me going back through my old version saves to maybe finish-up a campaign or two before trying out this new puppy. That's AFTER going to see the new Hobbit movie. So it's a "Middle-Earth" weekend for me. :)

Sounds fantastic.  (current favorite word = "fantastic"?)  I'm going to play ARMAIII looking at the new Independent army stuff (nice tank anyway). 

And probably some DCS World and probably whatever I can do with boardgames before my father-in-law comes to stay in the Man Loft.  He is sensible of the honor and deserves some recognition, I think.  Well, at least I know who he is. 

Gusington

I saw that the new Third Age TW mod had a beta release...what makes it different from the last most recent version?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GJK

Quote from: Rekim on December 13, 2013, 09:40:49 AM
Am off today and will start my weekend with some planning of the German setup for tomorrows ASL match via VASSAL. We are playing a meaty scenario from historical module Valor of the Guards (Stalingrad) called 'Storming The Station'. As the name implies, my truppen with support from StuG Abt 244 + air support with Stuka's, have been ordered to capture the Stalingrad-1 Rail Staion and renewing the advance towards the Volga.

My opponent is a master at setting up VASSAL for ASL. Amongst my neatly stacked forces on the sidelines I notice that he has even given the German commander (10-2 leader) my last name (Rosberg)   :D


I'm jealous!  I have a copy of VoTG still in shrink.  I really need to get in to that one of these days - and soon.  Might just do some ASL myself this weekend.  That or Up Front; I've been itching to play either/both lately.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

Always wanted a copy of Up Front. Never played it, but always pined for it!

Greybriar

I ran into a friend of mine online whom I hadn't seen for awhile. The two of us will be playing Diablo III. Not sure what else.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

PanzersEast

And here we go........


  • Expedition Conquistadors
  • Rome Total War II
  • Starbound
  • FOF Seven Demo
  • *insert random game here*

Also, come up with a failed plan of not spending money on the Holiday Steam sale next week.


PE

Rekim

Quote from: GJK on December 13, 2013, 12:17:34 PM
I'm jealous!  I have a copy of VoTG still in shrink.  I really need to get in to that one of these days - and soon.  Might just do some ASL myself this weekend.  That or Up Front; I've been itching to play either/both lately.

The VotG scenarios are the best I have played to date. More interesting than the vanilla scenarios, although there are quite a few VotG specific rules to digest, plus numerous advanced rules that come into play (AP mines, booby traps, air support, boats, interrogation, night rules....) . I have my fingers crossed that we'll get to playing the campaign game soon.

VotG has several smaller sized scenarios, keep me in mind if you want try one out with VASL

Up Front is my second favorite boardgame. Extremely difficult to find opponents for it though.

Kushan

Will probably be spending most of tomorrow watching Baloogans Command twitch stream. Will be spending most of the weekend playing Rome 2 and Crusader Kings 2 with the CK2+ mod. Due to work I've only got  couple of minutes in with Rome 2 so far. From what little I've played I know two things. First, it looks amazingly beautiful to look at. Probably one of the best looking strategy games that I've ever played. Second the battle UI takes up too much ******* screen real estate. Looking forward to spending some more time with it.

Started a game as the von Hapsburgs in CK2. Never realized how difficult playing as a count is, made especially more difficult with the CK2+ mod. Think I'm going to restart as a duke until I get a handle on all the changes CK2+ has.

If I can tear myself away from Rome 2 and CK2, I may play some FC:RS and Command, but its unlikely I'll play either given how neither one seemed to hold my interest last weekend.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Sir Slash

All I know about the new Third Age mod is what's on the TW Center post about a lot more factions, units and a completely re-done map. The new versions never can play with your old save games so I'm seeing if there's any I can finish-up before I try the new mod.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

X rebirth
Endless space (yep giving it another shot)
Histwar: Napoleon
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: bboyer66 on December 13, 2013, 09:09:24 AM
World of tanks, in my new German TD with autoloader.




hows the latest patch and how good is that TD?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.