Main Menu

Steam Holiday Sale 2013

Started by steve58, December 19, 2013, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


steve58

#2
Not sure that this list/site

http://steamdb.info/sales/

is 100% accurate, but I used it during the Autumn Sale it was mostly accurate.  Only saw one or two items where the price didn't match up.

(Note: This list does not include Flash Sales or Daily Deals.)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

May the gods have mercy on us all. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Kushan on December 19, 2013, 03:24:41 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2013, 02:45:21 PM
meh.

My feeling as well.

Add me to the list....not looking for much, if anything, during the holiday sales unless prices truly dazzle on some borderline games I never picked up......

Bison

I've become less inclined to be excited for the Holiday sale not because the games aren't cheap, but most because there are few games I really "want" and this is the second major sale in two months and I know there is a summer sale coming plus all the daily, weekly sales.  There's always another sale just around the corner and frankly that has caused the sale to lose it's novelty that it had the first couple of years.

I will be watching for a deep discount on the Star Wars package and if it hits the magic sale amount I'll purchase it.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Windigo on December 19, 2013, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2013, 02:45:21 PM
meh.

meh??? wassup? Everything OK? Marine-ette doing OK?

Yeah. Everyone is good. Problem is, I already own anything that could possibly interest me in the holiday sale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


BanzaiCat

That's a pretty underwhelming sale. I'd like Bioshock Infinite and Space Hulk, sure, but the rest of it, at least for today...nah.

Greybriar

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 19, 2013, 04:07:37 PM
That's a pretty underwhelming sale....

+1

At least my money is safe for now.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

Even though its only Day 1, the sale does look kind of "meh", just like the Autumn sale.  Maybe I'll re-allocate my limited funds towards S&I: Russo-Japaneses War instead...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

PanzersEast

Rome Total War DLC is really the only thing I am waiting on to get really really cheap.  Maybe CK2 Sons of Abraham... but that is about it.....


PE

BanzaiCat

Yeah, I'd love to get TW Rome II for super cheap. Dragon Commander as well, maybe a few others I can't think of offhand.

Arctic Blast

The problem isn't the sale itself...those really are some great deals. The problem is that we're a collection of degenerates that have already purchased everything.  ;D