Main Menu

Question about ArmA 3

Started by Swatter, December 23, 2013, 05:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Vanilla version of ArmA III and a Teamspeak account.  They also prefer it if you have a SimHQ account and use your SimHQ name in-game.  Helps them to keep out griefers.

undercovergeek

all done from the iron front days - see you there

undercovergeek

had a great time - they really are a bunch of friendly guys - i accidentally nominated myself UAV pilot and then blew it up - not a word of derision, that i fully deserved, always willing to help and advise

forgot to take some screenies but ARMA III was definitely a wise purchase - i hope to be in the editor soon and joining the guys on a more regular basis

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't know if it was because I just came off night shifts but I was having a hell of a rough time.  Just mass confusion and death for me in each mission.

undercovergeek

The night one was great despite losing connection and dropping out

I was totally lost on the one in the fields with the church and farm

And once I'd blown up the uav in the naval yard I quite enjoyed that

But yeah, a certain amount of map familiarity comes into play

Nefaro

Is it weird getting used to using TrackIR in ARMA2 & 3?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope.  I find it very natural.  You may need to create a profile and expand the deadzones to prevent your POV from moving when you're trying to aim though. 

republic

I missed last night on SimHQ, forgot all about it.  I've been playing on the 7th Cav's sever though and its pretty fun.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Here's a vid of a rather painful mission from last night's session. 

Our leader's assault plan took us through a textbook example of a kill zone and...well....the result can be seen here.


jomni

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 31, 2013, 01:56:36 PM
Here's a vid of a rather painful mission from last night's session. 

Our leader's assault plan took us through a textbook example of a kill zone and...well....the result can be seen here.



You guys are getting shot every step of the way.

Silent Disapproval Robot

If anyone is interested, it looks like SimHQ is going to host a session on New Year's Day, 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm UK.

undercovergeek

I might make that.... cool - you signing up?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yes.  Feeling a little too post-celebratory to do much else other than state at a screen right now.

undercovergeek

sorry for blowing everybody up!

Silent Disapproval Robot

LOL! It was a lovely fireball.

Don't worry about it.  When the game first came out and the devs had changed the "G" key assignment from the "gear" screen in ArmA2 to the "throw grenade" button in ArmA3, it caused all sorts of casualties.  We've all blown one another up at least once.