Incorrect Wallet Safety Assumption for 2014

Started by undercovergeek, January 02, 2014, 06:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Sitting happily at my desktop last night, im looking at the icons for Arma III, CMANO, an as yet untouched EU4 and a rekindled CKII interest, a long with all the other paraphanalia that steals a few hours, and think i cant think of anything that im truly anticipating in 2014 - and then i saw this

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/02/the-spectacular-2014-preview-spectacular-part-1/

and thats just part 1, because i know theres others

Bison

Only Galactic Civ 3 really interests me in their list of game previews. 

undercovergeek

#2
not AOW III, Elite and Men of War II?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek


agathosdaimon

pretty looking but thats not what makes me buy games anymore - though hotline miami 2 -- thats fun mindless violence

there are upcoming slitherine/matrix games that interest me more
QVADRIGA
Sovereignty
Brother against Brother
Piercing Fortress Europa
GG War in the West
Warhammer 40k
World in Flames with AI

but Schwerpunkt Games newest offering WW2 Europe i think will be as good as War in the West if not actually better


also
Hegemony Rome - that interests me far more than rome 2 ever ever will

hoping also that Napoleons Campaigns 2 is published

Shelldrake

Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 06:30:02 AM
Only Galactic Civ 3 really interests me in their list of game previews.

Same here. I didn't see Wasteland 2 on that list, which is also a must buy for me.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Bison


undercovergeek

Quote from: Shelldrake on January 02, 2014, 08:01:33 AM
Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 06:30:02 AM
Only Galactic Civ 3 really interests me in their list of game previews.

Same here. I didn't see Wasteland 2 on that list, which is also a must buy for me.

this is part 1 remember - in another thread they just asked readers to list their most wanted and theres stuff in there i didnt even know - WG: Red Dragon for instance

then forgotten ones that look to be great like Clockwork Empire

Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 08:05:40 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 02, 2014, 06:31:38 AM
not AOW III, Elite and Men of War II?

No, Nah, and Nope.

Lol, back to your light sabre then?

bob48

Warlock 2 is the only one that I'm really interested in.

....and Wolfenstein.

...and AoW 3.


...and a few of the others.......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

tgb

Most-likely Day One purchases:

GalCiv 3
AoW 3
Witcher 3

Wait-and-see:

Thief 4
Endless Legend
Spacecom

I'm also expecting the floodgates to open for indie and Kickstarted projects, several of which I suspect will be better and more original than AAA titles from the big guys.

Gusington

I really hope Thief 4 will be worth buying.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Jumped in on GalCiv 3 already.
Will buy AoW 3 on day one.
And I am super stoked for The Division.

The rest... meh. We'll see. Perhaps Star Citizen, although I highly doubt it will be a 2014 release.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

^That was my first thought too...a lot of the titles in that article seem to be way too early in development to be considered 2014 release material.  Maybe EARLY release, but as we have seen, that is not always much to get excited about.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bbmike

Thanks for posting the link!
I agree GalCiv3 and AoW3 are must haves. And I didn't see Worlds of Magic listed but I want that one as well.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak