Main Menu

Alien: Isolation

Started by RooksBailey, January 08, 2014, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RooksBailey

Creative Assembly's next big IP:



Please be good....
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

I think this could be a great game for some people, but it is not the game I desperately want to see made.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

RPS got their hands on it, sounds creepy:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/07/alien-isolation-pc/

I wonder if that means there will be no TW releases this year, DLC, expansions or otherwise...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RooksBailey

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 04:22:01 PM
I think this could be a great game for some people, but it is not the game I desperately want to see made.

I am going to remain cautiously pessimistic on this one seeing how a) most movie-to-game translations utterly fail, & b) CA's record with non-TW titles, and now even with TW titles, is spotty.  Having said that, if they were going to make an Alien-based game, I think this is the way to do it.  Ridley Scott always described the original Alien as a "haunted house movie in space", so this game-design approach would seem to be well suited for it.   As that RPS article mentions (thanks Gusington!), this game is designed around frights more than fighting, so that could be fun and interesting.

I am curious: what type of game do you want to see made?
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Gusington

Sure thing.

I know your question wasn't directed towards me, but am I wrong to admit I actually enjoyed Colonial Marines? I bought it for 5.00 IIRC, played it for a couple of hours, and enjoyed it.

A haunted house in space type game (like System Shock, Dead Space and now this) also works for me. And I have always loved the Alien franchise.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RooksBailey on January 08, 2014, 08:54:57 PM

I am curious: what type of game do you want to see made?

Marines dude, Marines! With guns...lots of guns!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Steelgrave

Loved the RPS article, especially how the reviewer compared the demo to Amnesia. Wouldn't it be awesome if they finally got this one right?

Gusington

Yes indeed. Weird that it is coming from CA though...trying to diversify their portfolio I guess.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I only noticed this game just now when it appeared in the store advertising on Steam.

It looks pretty good, if you're into the running-and-hiding genre of games like Outlast. It seems the Nostromo and one Alien is perfect fodder for this kind of experience, though. Considering the Marines vs Alien thing has been done over and over again, this might be a decent return to the series.


Silent Disapproval Robot

I think it looks pretty good.  Kinda cool that they got the actors from the original film to do voice work for the DLC.  Kinda lame that you have to pre-order the game to get that DLC.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sega-pleases-enrages-alien-fans-with-isolations-pr/1100-4951/

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 10, 2014, 08:52:26 PM
I think it looks pretty good.  Kinda cool that they got the actors from the original film to do voice work for the DLC.  Kinda lame that you have to pre-order the game to get that DLC.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sega-pleases-enrages-alien-fans-with-isolations-pr/1100-4951/

Kinda lame that it's DLC in the first place.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 08, 2014, 07:10:16 PM
RPS got their hands on it, sounds creepy:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/07/alien-isolation-pc/

I wonder if that means there will be no TW releases this year, DLC, expansions or otherwise...

  The review (linked in the above) had me laughing very hard:

   http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/12/wot-i-think-aliens-colonial-marines-single-player/




Toonces

The trailer was pretty awesome, but I'm going to make the call now:  The game is going to suck.

How do I know?  Because they always, ALWAYS drop the ball on these types of games.  Always.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

If it doesn't suck will you buy me a copy?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

GamersGate is offering a 50% off sale for Alien: Isolation ($25.00) and Alien: Isolation Season Pass ($15.00).


Although I haven't played a game of its type for years, the video above certainly makes me want to give the game a try.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.