Is it live or is it Friday?

Started by MetalDog, January 17, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

I haven't even seen levitate be an option for spell research.  Current game I've gotten nothing but city spells it seems like.  I'll look at doing the holy site VC and make a more serious effort at exploring the other realms.

MetalDog

Cool.  Let me know how it goes.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mikeck

So Jarhead, since I only play SP, would I be better of playing Arma II with all the user made scenarios or buying Arma 3 for the real SP campaign? I should note, I love infantry combat but hate having to control other soldiers, drive tanks, etc.
I like being private mike ordered
To assault that hill...Etc
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on January 18, 2014, 11:10:22 AM
So Jarhead, since I only play SP, would I be better of playing Arma II with all the user made scenarios or buying Arma 3 for the real SP campaign? I should note, I love infantry combat but hate having to control other soldiers, drive tanks, etc.
I like being private mike ordered
To assault that hill...Etc

You summarized exactly how I like to play the game so will be interested in this response.  I simply want to be a soldier on a team and follow orders....can't stand trying to drive all the vehicles either since I simply suck at it.

Jarhead0331

#64
Quote from: mikeck on January 18, 2014, 11:10:22 AM
So Jarhead, since I only play SP, would I be better of playing Arma II with all the user made scenarios or buying Arma 3 for the real SP campaign? I should note, I love infantry combat but hate having to control other soldiers, drive tanks, etc.
I like being private mike ordered
To assault that hill...Etc

mission 4 of the second chapter is the first time in the arma 3 campaign were you get command. It is limited to about 5 soldiers and a technical. I am a SP guy too and I am enjoying Arma 3. Both arma 2 and 3 are must buys in my opinion.

In the arma 3 campaign, you are an american corporal, so there is much more following then leading.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on January 18, 2014, 10:35:09 AM
It works better in MP.  The problem is the amount of time turns take.  Especially in a mature game.

Turns only take a long time if MD is playing!!  :o

Just kidding, you make the games that much more fun, but I couldn't resist, cause of the 'rep'  ???

Toonces

I believe ARMA2 is on the humble bundle right now, so if you don't already have there is no excuse not to jump in.  I mean we're talking a buck here.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

having rediscovered 'The Unit' there are a million CQB skirmishes to try and carry over into ARMA III - i may be neck deep in editor later

Toonces

I believe this is going to be a flight sim weekend for me: BMS Falcon, Aces High 2, and if I can bring myself to pull the trigger I may finally dig into WOFF.

I also finally got my copy of DCS patched up, so if you see someone named Toonces online, it's probably me.  I'd appreciate it if you let me kill you rather than the other way around so that my massive ego is inflated.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Just played Rome II with the Divide and Conquer mod for about 4 hours! Longest session I had gaming for...well forever. It did crash twice, and after a vital battle, but ran smooth after that for the next 90 minutes. I get that graphic warning again...should I simply just turn down my graphics settings or is there something else to it? I remember that it comes and goes for people depending on patches. Oh and I got me a good looking war maiden. I think I will start calling The Wife my war maiden.



✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Nice!  Think I'll have to give that mod a try when I get off work tomorrow (have just subscribed).  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Rekim

#71
Some screenies from the VG Carrier (beta build) on my iPad






MengJiao

looks fantastic.  When is this coming out?

Staggerwing

According to some posts at (I think it was) BGG that map is one of GJK's works. It looks gorgeous! Can't wait for it to appear in the App Store.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Shit I might just get an iPad to play that game alone!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs