Wargame: Red Dragon (now includes ability to slow the game down)

Started by fran, January 18, 2014, 03:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fran

The next version of Eugen Wargame series will have 'bullet time' the ability to slow down the game. Sure I've read here that that is a complaint of number of people here on why not to take up the game.

With the introduction of the naval element and even bigger maps a slowdown function would be useful.



See here for more detail on what detail is in the game.

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=36034

Bullet time: http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=38163&p=419189&hilit=bullet#p419189

JudgeDredd

Yeah, I never really felt comfortable with the speed. I kind of liked the game and the mechanic - but it was way too frenetic for me.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Apocalypse 31

Even more, you can now create custom decks for the AI.

No more spammy chopper decks for the AI.

Grim.Reaper

hhhmmm.....so if this slowdown mode basically will make it a little less hectic and easier to manage all your forces, that could be the thing to really draw me back in.  I have bought both versions so far and really like the graphics/UI and premise of the gameplay, but just like most RTS games for me, I just don't have the reflexes to manage a ton of units across a battlefield all at once.

Will keep an eye on this one and keep fingers crossed....

Grim.Reaper

also meant to ask, do we have any rough estimates as to a release date in 2014?

mikeck

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 18, 2014, 10:29:11 AM
hhhmmm.....so if this slowdown mode basically will make it a little less hectic and easier to manage all your forces, that could be the thing to really draw me back in.  I have bought both versions so far and really like the graphics/UI and premise of the gameplay, but just like most RTS games for me, I just don't have the reflexes to manage a ton of units across a battlefield all at once.

Will keep an eye on this one and keep fingers crossed....

This.

Also, I hope it's backward compatible do I can use it with EE and ALB and not just dragon-whatever
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


mikeck

Yes, but of I by it, does the "time slow down" option become available for air land battle?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Apocalypse 31

It is going to be stand-alone, so I doubt the new features will be compatible.

Jarhead0331

I don't see why they can't patch EE and ALB to bring their engines current with RD.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

I didn't know if any avatar could be awesomer than Val Kilmer in Top Gun, but you nailed it Jarhead.  Totally epic, dude.   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

I guess the question is, did they ever patch ee with things from alb?  If not, it would seem unlikely they would patch both products from red dragon.  If they did, maybe some hope.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on January 20, 2014, 04:22:49 AM
I didn't know if any avatar could be awesomer than Val Kilmer in Top Gun, but you nailed it Jarhead.  Totally epic, dude.   8)

I've always loved Quint. Epic character.  8)
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 20, 2014, 03:57:33 AM
I don't see why they can't patch EE and ALB to bring their engines current with RD.
I can't see why they would want to - from a business perspective anyway. Doing it with no backward compatibility means potentially more sales - not just from people wanting the newer game, but from the people (like me) who gave up on it because it was simply too fast.

Big win for them not upgrading the old games - though you could argue not from a customer perspective. But then they could always say it's just not feasible - too many changes in the new engine that just wouldn't fit in the old one...simple "get out" clause.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people