Consolidated Heroes of Stalingrad thread

Started by Barthheart, January 21, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Quote from: Nefaro on February 14, 2014, 08:17:25 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 14, 2014, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: z1812 on February 14, 2014, 10:41:22 AM
I thought the hex scale was 40 to 50 metres not 150.

Yep your are correct I was mixing feet with meters. So 50 m ~ 150 feet.

Actually 50m is about 165ft, no

I use 1m = 1.1 yds as a quick conversion estimate.

Well thanks Mr. Helper
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Nefaro

Quote from: Hot lead and dirty talk on February 14, 2014, 08:39:59 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 14, 2014, 08:17:25 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 14, 2014, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: z1812 on February 14, 2014, 10:41:22 AM
I thought the hex scale was 40 to 50 metres not 150.

Yep your are correct I was mixing feet with meters. So 50 m ~ 150 feet.

Actually 50m is about 165ft, no

I use 1m = 1.1 yds as a quick conversion estimate.

Well thanks Mr. Helper


Free conversion tips from yours truly,  Mr. Fancypants.

;D


Just don't ask about liquid measurements.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Well I've picked it up.  I cannot resist board game conversions and especially this one since I was never really able to figure out the rules for Band of Heroes.  My thought process is that this may be a gateway to understand the rules for the board game.  LnL doesn't have the easiest to read and understand rulebooks.

Grim.Reaper

I bought it too, but still trying to figure out how the impulses/turns/activations/rally/etc. work.  The game really does look nice and at the smaller scale I always like to play.  Just a matter of trying to figure things out.  I have not ever played the board game or really any board games for that matter so a little harder for me to grasp what's going on.  However, I am determined to make it work for me:)

bayonetbrant

Turn = series of impulses
Rally = happens at the start of a turn, and lets your guys act that turn
Impulse = set of actions your dudes take within the turn
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 16, 2014, 07:20:53 AM
Turn = series of impulses
Rally = happens at the start of a turn, and lets your guys act that turn
Impulse = set of actions your dudes take within the turn

Thanks for the info, I keep forgetting to check back with this new section:)

Chelco is also doing some gameplay stuff...

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.de/2014/02/lock-n-load-heroes-of-stalingrad.html

Marty Ward

How is the game? I have read it is like the original Squad Leader. I liked that game.


Can you make big scenarios in this game?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

You can make fairly large scenarios.

Map size can be up to 3 x 3 amp panels which is about 45 x 30 hexes. Each hex is about 50 m, so about 2.2 km x 1.5 km

You can hundreds of units on the map. But the game is really designed for small unit combat, so maybe a reinforced company plus tanks for each side is a manageable size.


Bison

Do they even do any research on their articles at wargamer anymore?   Conflict of heroes is also a board game port made by matrix.  Small quibble but good grief it's becoming a common theme there.

Barthheart

Quote from: Bison on February 16, 2014, 07:02:14 PM
Do they even do any research on their articles at wargamer anymore?   Conflict of heroes is also a board game port made by matrix.  Small quibble but good grief it's becoming a common theme there.

You do realise that that article was written in 2005, by Brant, and long before the CoH PC game came out.... ?

;D

Bison


KyzBP

I just popped in to say "This game is awesome!"  When/if the editor becomes user friendly, this game will be huge.  The possibilities are endless.  I think we may see many theaters represented in the future.  I'm really digging this.  Anyway, back to the game.