Consolidated Heroes of Stalingrad thread

Started by Barthheart, January 21, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Whenever the die rolls for initiative are the same - the Soviets get the initiative - regardless of who had initiative the previous turn.

From what I remember, when the die roll was tied, the side with the initiative the previous turn got the initiative.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart


JudgeDredd

YES!

My work here is done   ;)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

BH - whilst I've got your attention....

...when a crew bails from a tank - but the tank was ok...can they be "unshaken" and get back in the tank?

I never really got round to much armour action in the board game so I'm a bit fumbly with armour and other vehicles and finding my way by trial and error
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

Nope. Once abandoned, a vehicle cannot be re-entered.

PS and the bug has been around for a while.....  ;)

JudgeDredd

Bugger. I need to restart this scenario then  :(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on April 03, 2014, 01:54:36 PM
Nope. Once abandoned, a vehicle cannot be re-entered.

PS and the bug has been around for a while.....  ;)
lol - well...I noticed it for a while...but I've just got round to reporting it...no na na nana na!  :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

panzerde

Hopefully I'm not necro-ing this thread too badly...

Are folks still playing this? I have to admit that I'm having a hard time with it, mostly because I can't seem to find a zoom level that works for me. There just seems to be a lot on the screen with a lot of map obscured. Any tips on settings that might help?
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: panzerde on April 27, 2014, 04:35:02 PM
Hopefully I'm not necro-ing this thread too badly...

Are folks still playing this? I have to admit that I'm having a hard time with it, mostly because I can't seem to find a zoom level that works for me. There just seems to be a lot on the screen with a lot of map obscured. Any tips on settings that might help?

I'm interested in more discussion of this as well, still haven't decided if I want to take the plunge or not, so reading with interest.

Barthheart

You can turn off the UI with the F2 key.  What update are you using? The zooming has been updated so there is more levels.

I'm still playing and try to play MP at least once a week.

If you have other questions please feel free to ask. :)

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2014, 07:03:58 PM
You can turn off the UI with the F2 key.  What update are you using? The zooming has been updated so there is more levels.

I updated to 1.07 yesterday when I decided to give it another go. Even with the update I found it really tough to get a view I liked. It may be that I just need to get used to it and what I think I need to see (the entire board) I don't really need to see. I'll try F2 and see if it helps. Until I really get the rules though, I suspect I'll need to keep it on more than off!

Quote
If you have other questions please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it. I really want to like this, it seems as close to ASL as you can get these days in a computer game.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2014, 07:03:58 PM
You can turn off the UI with the F2 key.  What update are you using? The zooming has been updated so there is more levels.

I'm still playing and try to play MP at least once a week.

If you have other questions please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks for the encouragement to give this another try. I've played it quite a bit this weekend and its rapidly becoming a favorite now that I'm getting the hang of it. I've posted some observations on my blog.

I'm interested to try the editor soon.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: panzerde on May 04, 2014, 09:41:16 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 27, 2014, 07:03:58 PM
You can turn off the UI with the F2 key.  What update are you using? The zooming has been updated so there is more levels.

I'm still playing and try to play MP at least once a week.

If you have other questions please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks for the encouragement to give this another try. I've played it quite a bit this weekend and its rapidly becoming a favorite now that I'm getting the hang of it. I've posted some observations on my blog.

I'm interested to try the editor soon.

Where is your blog?  Might be nice to take a look and keep it as a place to visit.

panzerde

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 05, 2014, 04:28:46 AM

Where is your blog?  Might be nice to take a look and keep it as a place to visit.

Sure thing! I'm at http://panzerde.blogspot.com. Thanks for taking a look!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bayonetbrant

All Heroes of Stalingrad threads are merged into here effective 5/30/14
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers