Main Menu

OOTP 15

Started by bbmike, January 24, 2014, 08:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbmike

OOTP 15 has been announced! Normally not a huge deal but this time it will include the beginnings of a 3D engine. I've been waiting for that for a long time! Now if only a football sim would come along like OOTP.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

sandman2575

Very few games are auto-purchases for me, but OOTP has definitely become one of them.  Can't wait!  Although I still think ootp14 is fantastic and for me has hardly run its course.  But 3D sounds very interesting.

Nefaro

The announcement I got via email only mentioned something about the ball being displayed in 3D whilst flying through the air.  I suppose it's a start.

Since I haven't really played multiple seasons with OOTP14 yet, I'll probably wait until 15 is on sale or until 16 comes out next year. 

Hopefully their Hockey game makes huge strides in the next edition.  While I've not played the first one since late beta, I'm of the understanding that a lot hadn't improved since it's release.  Gotta start somewhere, I guess.

sandman2575

16 sounds like it's going to be the 'big breakthrough' iteration of OOTP, in terms of implementing some ambitious 3D stuff.  So I can understand passing on 15, since 14 is fully patched up now and awesome in its own right, and 15 is apt to feel more like a 'taste of things to come.'  Still, I want to support those guys, and they sell the game at a really very reasonable pricepoint, so I'm sure i'll spring for 15.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on January 24, 2014, 08:23:20 AM
OOTP 15 has been announced! Normally not a huge deal but this time it will include the beginnings of a 3D engine. I've been waiting for that for a long time! Now if only a football sim would come along like OOTP.

Not sure if you noticed the last sentence in the email announcement.....any chance if this is a hint that a football game might be on the way?  Or reading too much into it?

The last statement from the email (notice how the word "game" is italicized to stand out"):

PS: Anyone following the NFL playoffs? Looks like the Super Bowl will be one heck of a game. Good luck, Seattle and Denver

bbmike

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 24, 2014, 06:36:32 PM
Not sure if you noticed the last sentence in the email announcement.....any chance if this is a hint that a football game might be on the way?  Or reading too much into it?

The last statement from the email (notice how the word "game" is italicized to stand out"):

PS: Anyone following the NFL playoffs? Looks like the Super Bowl will be one heck of a game. Good luck, Seattle and Denver

I didn't notice that! Hmm, that can't really mean anything. Can it?  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on January 24, 2014, 06:55:11 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 24, 2014, 06:36:32 PM
Not sure if you noticed the last sentence in the email announcement.....any chance if this is a hint that a football game might be on the way?  Or reading too much into it?

The last statement from the email (notice how the word "game" is italicized to stand out"):

PS: Anyone following the NFL playoffs? Looks like the Super Bowl will be one heck of a game. Good luck, Seattle and Denver

I didn't notice that! Hmm, that can't really mean anything. Can it?  :o

Its just interesting they would mention that in a baseball announcement and then draw attention to the word game.....I am hoping it is under consideration, as long as they do a much better job then their hockey game:)

Also, the pre order discount seems pretty small...I always thought it was like $10+ off....with a $5 discount, not sure what the incentive is to really buy now.

JudgeDredd

Hold on...are Seattle and Denver in the Superbowl? That is way too cool...two of my fav teams!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

I want to see the 3D stuff before I pony up the doe
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 24, 2014, 07:03:45 PM
I want to see the 3D stuff before I pony up the doe

Yep, not sure if any of the new stuff really stands out this year....I have pre ordered every year, but this might be the year I hold off until their summer sale when usually 1/2 off.  By then, they will have released their typical onslaught of patches:)

bbmike

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 24, 2014, 07:03:45 PM
I want to see the 3D stuff before I pony up the doe

I'll go ahead and pony up. I feel like this is exactly why I've been ponying all along.  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

KyzBP

Is there or has anyone considered a Groghead's OOTP League?  I played in an online league using OOTP11 &12.  It can be a lot of fun although I'm not in the baseball frame of mind yet.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on January 25, 2014, 10:04:18 AM
Is there or has anyone considered a Groghead's OOTP League?  I played in an online league using OOTP11 &12.  It can be a lot of fun although I'm not in the baseball frame of mind yet.

Although I would love to play in sport leagues, just don't think I could commit to a schedule to complete it.  Would be fun though.

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 25, 2014, 01:20:08 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on January 25, 2014, 10:04:18 AM
Is there or has anyone considered a Groghead's OOTP League?  I played in an online league using OOTP11 &12.  It can be a lot of fun although I'm not in the baseball frame of mind yet.

Although I would love to play in sport leagues, just don't think I could commit to a schedule to complete it.  Would be fun though.

It wasn't bad.  Usually just 3 submissions a week.  Each submission covers 2 weeks.  I think all of that can be customized though. 

I was just an owner, never the Commissioner.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on January 25, 2014, 02:36:57 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 25, 2014, 01:20:08 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on January 25, 2014, 10:04:18 AM
Is there or has anyone considered a Groghead's OOTP League?  I played in an online league using OOTP11 &12.  It can be a lot of fun although I'm not in the baseball frame of mind yet.

Although I would love to play in sport leagues, just don't think I could commit to a schedule to complete it.  Would be fun though.

It wasn't bad.  Usually just 3 submissions a week.  Each submission covers 2 weeks.  I think all of that can be customized though. 

I was just an owner, never the Commissioner.

Maybe I will have to take a deeper look into how multiplay works in OOTP....I just assumed it would be tedious.