CM Red Thunder page is up

Started by undercovergeek, January 30, 2014, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

To be fair, that Konigstiger got wasted pretty quickly by something on the Sov side.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Redirected

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 26, 2014, 09:41:06 PM
To be fair, that Konigstiger got wasted pretty quickly by something on the Sov side.
How would you know that? Did you do the music?

In any case, I put some time into putting a defense in, and in going through six turns, and was finally 'rewarded' to see a King Tiger as forecasted during my setup.  Given that I took the advice to read the scenario designers notes etc......I was under the impression that I was facing a panzer division.  Not a Heavy (spoiler) Tank Unit.

People pay for the first run through.  Part of the value.  Even if a spoiler needs to use a video forum to get whatever it is across, how does that change the fact that video is just another form of Spoilage...if not something more?  How would a CM scenario designer like his work tinked on for a you-tube review?
You will notice I didn't respond to your post and have no interest in what you have to say. Especially on this subject.
....You have made 73 posts since you joined and 72 of them have been about combat mission. -ZULU1966

Jarhead0331

#482
Quote from: Redirected on April 27, 2014, 01:50:59 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 26, 2014, 09:41:06 PM
To be fair, that Konigstiger got wasted pretty quickly by something on the Sov side.
How would you know that? Did you do the music?

In any case, I put some time into putting a defense in, and in going through six turns, and was finally 'rewarded' to see a King Tiger as forecasted during my setup.  Given that I took the advice to read the scenario designers notes etc......I was under the impression that I was facing a panzer division.  Not a Heavy (spoiler) Tank Unit.

People pay for the first run through.  Part of the value.  Even if a spoiler needs to use a video forum to get whatever it is across, how does that change the fact that video is just another form of Spoilage...if not something more?  How would a CM scenario designer like his work tinked on for a you-tube review?

Are you f@cking serious redirected? You've been warned before and I told you very succinctly that it was  your last warning. You're banned until further notice. Congrats! You've won the douche of the thread award.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Elvis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 27, 2014, 05:13:36 AM
Quote from: Redirected on April 27, 2014, 01:50:59 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 26, 2014, 09:41:06 PM
To be fair, that Konigstiger got wasted pretty quickly by something on the Sov side.
How would you know that? Did you do the music?

In any case, I put some time into putting a defense in, and in going through six turns, and was finally 'rewarded' to see a King Tiger as forecasted during my setup.  Given that I took the advice to read the scenario designers notes etc......I was under the impression that I was facing a panzer division.  Not a Heavy (spoiler) Tank Unit.

People pay for the first run through.  Part of the value.  Even if a spoiler needs to use a video forum to get whatever it is across, how does that change the fact that video is just another form of Spoilage...if not something more?  How would a CM scenario designer like his work tinked on for a you-tube review?

Are you f@cking serious redirected? You've been warned before and I told you very succinctly that it was  your last warning. You're banned until further notice. Congrats! You've won the douche of the thread award.

Wow. That's a little harsh. I didn't read any personal attack in his comments and, initially,  agreed with him point.

Well, it's not my call.......

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Elvis on April 27, 2014, 10:26:39 AM

Well, it's not my call.......

Bingo!

Try reading the entire thread...then maybe you'll understand. Unless, of course, you've chased Michael Dorosh here from another forum to harass him, as well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Yskonyn

Any news on a patch? It's hardly suitable to call it a 'hotfix' anymore. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dolan50

I think Redirect got what He deserved.
It seemed pretty obvious to me He has personal issues with Dorosh and used this forum in a negative way to further them.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Elvis

Quote from: Dolan50 on April 27, 2014, 03:49:45 PM
It seemed pretty obvious to me He has personal issues with Dorosh and used this forum in a negative way to further them.

That certainly seems be true, but this particular instance contained no personal attack on Dorosh at all and was not even an unreasonable request...suggesting he adds "may contain spoilers" or something like that. He did post it here expecting comments and feedback, after all.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 27, 2014, 01:10:47 PM
Unless, of course, you've chased Michael Dorosh here from another forum to harass him, as well.

Any bannings or chasings off that Dorosh has had in other places, he has come by honestly. As far as this forum goes, if you are implying that I have/am harassing him in anyway, I'd like to hear when. I know he has taken personal shots at me on this forum (in this thread, in fact).

You posted the banning on a public area of the forum . I assumed (incorrectly it seems) that was because people were free to express their thoughts about it, like Dolan50 did. Otherwise why do it publicly?

I haven't been here very long but if you feel I am some kind of problem case, we can say goodbye. I feel I have added to the conversation and was even able to help a member that was in a jam the other night when he asked for help on this forum that I was uniquely qualified to take care of. But if the sentiment of the folks running this show are different, fair enough. No hard feelings.


Steelgrave

#488
Elvis, everyone on here came from somewhere else at one point. We all have a history, for good or bad. Here at Grogheads we made the decision that everyone got a fresh start, regardless of what had happened on other boards, even boards we were moderators on. Granted, some individuals (and no, I'm not referring to anyone on this thread) had histories which were impossible to ignore, so we certainly kept an eye open for repeat behavior. Most of those people, like the proverbial scorpion crossing the river on a frog's back, didn't last because they immediately started the same old crap again.

That being said, unless someone engages in questionable behavior on this board, they have a clean slate. Now, I personally do not like to discuss the situation around an individual's banning with anyone other than the individual and moderators/admins....however, given that this has strayed outside of the lines let me say that before someone gets banned, however long or short, they have received a warning(s) from a moderator, usually including a private message or two. That is so in this case. Also evident in this thread (at least to the moderators...all of the moderators) is that a private grudge was brought her by Redirect, who failed to heed our warnings. It was the consensus of the moderator board that baiting was going on, not to mention thinly-veiled personal attacks.

Please understand that if you (or anyone) were considered to be a "problem child" by the moderator team....you wouldn't have to ask. We prefer to not ban anyone short of egregious behavior, and a troublemaker WILL be contacted directly by a moderator. All this being said, let's drop the discussion of Redirect's ban and refocus on what brought you to our board. If you have any continuing issues or problems, feel free to message a moderator. We don't bite.

undercovergeek

+1 to that

and the forum is a beeter place for Elvis' presence and Combat Mission knowledge

Michael Dorosh

If anyone is in doubt as to whether flamethrowers should be included on the Western Front, just found this while working on our regimental website:

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/gal/cao-aco/doc/D1_E-FOU_059.pdf

Note that they managed to get the year wrong in the first part of the document - should be March 1945 rather than 1944. Document references both manpack ("Lifebuoy") and vehicle mounted ("Wasp") flamethrowers.

Not sure where this period fits into BFC's plans - if the 'Battle of the Bulge' will have a module including the end of the war, or if the last months will be tacked on to the Normandy game somehow? However they do it, looking forward to the 3.0 upgrade to the other game families. It is getting harder to be enthusiastic about designing scenarios for CMBN/CMNI while missing the trigger tool.

Boggit

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on April 28, 2014, 06:20:12 AM
It is getting harder to be enthusiastic about designing scenarios for CMBN/CMNI while missing the trigger tool.
I hope not too much... :'( I am a great fan of your work! 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Elvis

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 27, 2014, 09:13:47 PM

Please understand that if you (or anyone) were considered to be a "problem child" by the moderator team....you wouldn't have to ask.

Thanks. I appreciate that. I just got the sense from Jarheads post that he was implying something like "that's right, mate. And if you don't watch yourself, you'll be next".

Moving on now. Who wants a PBEM game? It's the first time in years that I have none going. Drop me a PM, if you're interested.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Elvis on April 28, 2014, 12:52:15 PM


Thanks. I appreciate that. I just got the sense from Jarheads post that he was implying something like "that's right, mate. And if you don't watch yourself, you'll be next".

Totally incorrect. I'm American and would never use the word "mate."
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Elvis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 28, 2014, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: Elvis on April 28, 2014, 12:52:15 PM


Thanks. I appreciate that. I just got the sense from Jarheads post that he was implying something like "that's right, mate. And if you don't watch yourself, you'll be next".

Totally incorrect. I'm American and would never use the word "mate."

:)