Future DLC for Rome 2 TW?

Started by Gusington, February 01, 2014, 02:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

#60
^Awesome, thanks. Considering that Caesar in Gaul never went on sale as far as I know, I'll probably pick up HatG from GameFly. Is there a time limit to their offer? My guess from the code would be until March 20 :)

EDIT: Gamefly works with Steam activation right?

EDIT 2: Yes, Steam activation.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2014, 10:36:54 AM
^Awesome, thanks. Considering that Caesar in Gaul never went on sale as far as I know, I'll probably pick up HatG from GameFly. Is there a time limit to their offer? My guess from the code would be until March 20 :)

EDIT: Gamefly works with Steam activation right?

EDIT 2: Yes, Steam activation.

No problem...thought it was a good deal...I still haven't bought Gaul, but might do so....thought it would have gone on sale by now, but it has held pretty steady since launch.

mikeck

I like it but your not missing anything earth shattering.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on March 15, 2014, 08:31:52 PM
I like it but your not missing anything earth shattering.

Question...I haven't fully engaged in playing TW:Rome yet, was going to wait until all the patching kind of settled down and looks like patch 10 is around the corner.  I was thinking of Gaul because I thought the campaign was smaller and might be something good to cut my teeth on.  Is that a good approach?  Or is playing vanilla better?

Nefaro

Bah!

I tried Beta Patch 10 yesterday.  Had such a monumental CTD, it blue screened to keep my hardware from exploding.



mikeck

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 16, 2014, 04:38:43 AM
Quote from: mikeck on March 15, 2014, 08:31:52 PM
I like it but your not missing anything earth shattering.

Question...I haven't fully engaged in playing TW:Rome yet, was going to wait until all the patching kind of settled down and looks like patch 10 is around the corner.  I was thinking of Gaul because I thought the campaign was smaller and might be something good to cut my teeth on.  Is that a good approach?  Or is playing vanilla better?

I find the Caesar in Gaul campaign to be far more difficult than the grand campaign so don't let the size fool you. I would start grand campaign with the radious mod, DEI mod or vanilla

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on March 16, 2014, 08:35:30 AM
Bah!

I tried Beta Patch 10 yesterday.  Had such a monumental CTD, it blue screened to keep my hardware from exploding.




Haven't tried it...and won't as long as it's beta
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 15, 2014, 09:27:29 AM
And the Hannibal At The Gates DLC is available now for Pre-Order at Steam-- $13.49. Release March 27th. I think I'll be strong this time and hold-out until maybe Monday.

  This is going to be so great.  Gaul was kind of depressing -- but Hannibal!  Now that's gotta be fun fun fun.  Anyway.  I'll get it when it comes out.

Skoop

#68
Played through ceasar in Gaul and it was cool, definitely more challenging than the grand campaign.  The patch 9 agent spam by the ai was brutal and to top it off all the tribes hate you and come at you from every where.  One thing I like is how you get the unique units from the dlc into the grand campaign,so I will get the dlc at some point.  Not that there isn't already a ton of mods adding units out there for free.