Main Menu

Living EU4 for real

Started by undercovergeek, February 12, 2014, 03:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Gala Dinner tonight at Lithuania's Palace of the Grand Dukes



Smiled really nicely at this guy, knowing he must have this 1000 times a day and get really pissed off, took pic only to find out its just a dummy, still - its a knight!!



Proud that i actually recognised a few of these flags and named them correctly



The forts of of Poland and Lithuania, im looking at this thinking 'wow this is just like Eu4', at no point did i think 'wow EU4 is just like this' - i have entered the geek zone



after that i got smashed off my tits on authentic medieval mead, im now in the hotel room eating cheesy poofs and posting this

i love you all

no, really

Jarhead0331

You have tits? Niiiiiiiiiice...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

#2
lol, the UK terminology may not have translated well across the Atlantic............

and do you honestly think if i had a pair of my own, id be wasting time posting on here?

sandman2575

I am completely, utterly absorbed in Crusader Kings II at the moment.  Love the photo of the family genealogy and coats of arms.

Nefaro

Mmmm... Mead.  And tits.  :D

Gusington

HAHA this is great stuff...please continue on to the part where you get arrested.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

What does authentic medieval mead taste like exactly?  I've always wondered about that.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Kushan

Mead and tits, sounds like an casus beli waiting to happen.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

RooksBailey

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 12, 2014, 03:47:52 PM
Gala Dinner tonight at Lithuania's Palace of the Grand Dukes



Smiled really nicely at this guy, knowing he must have this 1000 times a day and get really pissed off, took pic only to find out its just a dummy, still - its a knight!!



Proud that i actually recognised a few of these flags and named them correctly



The forts of of Poland and Lithuania, im looking at this thinking 'wow this is just like Eu4', at no point did i think 'wow EU4 is just like this' - i have entered the geek zone



after that i got smashed off my tits on authentic medieval mead, im now in the hotel room eating cheesy poofs and posting this

i love you all

no, really

That is really awesome!  Thanks for the pics!  Looking forward to some more, especially those that remind you of CK2.   ;)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on February 12, 2014, 09:46:24 PM
What does authentic medieval mead taste like exactly?  I've always wondered about that.

It's made of honey, and tastes as you'd expect:  like honey wine.  As with wine, every make is a bit different.  Some are sweeter, others more dry and heavier. 

Unless you're referring to a specific bottle that was produced in the medieval period.  :P   The process probably isn't any different, though.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on February 12, 2014, 09:46:24 PM
What does authentic medieval mead taste like exactly?  I've always wondered about that.

i would say a really strong dessert wine, you can definitely taste the honey in it

Last night there were 2 - a very yellowy/amber one, and a dark orange one that was made with matured nectar (!) - that tasted like diesel

If i can get more pics today i will, there is a tour of the Palace including the original settlement foundations - basically some Russians appear to have thought 'fk this following him around and all that fighting in the snow, were going in this direction' and formed Vilnius on the river, and then made up a slight variation on the Russian language and hey presto - Lithuania

BanzaiCat

A fine drink called "Mead Tits" would probably sell really well over there. Not so much here in the former colonies; we'd probably have to change it like we had to change the name of the first Harry Potter novel, because 'Murica.

Pretty cool stuff, undercovergeek, underlined with the entire "I love you, man" vibe.

What, may I ask, are you doing in Lithuania besides getting smashed off your tits on fine drink? Is this another MI6 mission for you?

undercovergeek

it is indeed a mission

to bring light to the masses of Eastern Europe, or 'running an event to highlight the awesomeness of the Baltic States', to give it its proper name

Rome next week to be surrounded by grumpy heart surgeons, who are indeed the grumpiest of all surgeons

Staggerwing

Mead can be pretty cool stuff. I've made a few batches back when I had the time and room to brew beer. In it's simplest form it is indeed just honey, water, and yeast (with some yeast nutrients usually added as well) and can be either sweet (less alcohol, more leftover honey) or dry (higher alcohol by volume, less remaining honey and sometimes very little residual honey taste). It can also be sparkling like champagne or still like wine depending on how long it fermented and how it was bottled. The basic strong mead is often referred to as 'Sack Mead' as opposed to meads that have extra ingredients such as fruit juices (generally referred to as Melomel but specifically also: apple: cyser, grape:pyment), malt and/or hops (Braggot), spices (Metheglin), and dozens more. I once brewed up a nice batch of Dry Raspberry mead that made a great gift for some friends (it was very mild) and also brewed up a batch of sack mead that was so strong (and a bit harsh) I labeled it "Old Hairshirt Mead" when I racked (bottled) it. One 22 oz bottle of that stuff was enough to make you throw your car keys on the roof to fetch the next day...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

mead grog!!!

Midus Sventine

ITEM DESCRIPTION

A special beverage with a mild taste and aroma and a beautiful red colour. The spiciness of the mead nectar is provided by the juice of blueberries, cranberries and cherries. Enjoy with small sips from shot glasses. Pairs well with sweet desserts. ABV 30%

This is the red stuff that made my teeth shrink and face hurt

MIDUS SUKTINIS

ITEM DESCRIPTION

Made with honey, carnation blossoms, poplar buds, oak acorns, juniper berries and many other valuable herbs. The rich taupe colour is from the use of natural blueberry, blackcurrant and raspberry juice.
Traditionally, this drink is poured into small glasses and taken with tea and coffee. It also goes well with spicy meat dishes and can be used in cooking. ABV 18%

This is the amber stuff that i could have/well, did drink all night