Sovereignty Crown of Kings weekly spotlights

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 05, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek


Martok

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed so far with how different the factions sound (at least on paper) -- with ~35 of them, that's gotta take some dedicated design and balance work.  Here's hoping they feel as different in the actual game.  :) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces


Martok

Well Bruce Campbell will be happy now.  ;D 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

I'm not clicking on that link. This is clearly teaseware/abandonware.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak


Martok

Hmm.  They sound interesting, but I have a feeling they also might be tricky to play properly. 

Of course, I'm not the devious sort (which Reisental seems to be suited to).  :P 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Lord Zimoa

This week's Sovereignty spotlight shines on Sirucil, dark wood of the Night Elves...

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=51489

Boggit

It's looking VERY nice. Thanks for sharing Tim. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

undercovergeek

Quote from: Boggit on August 02, 2014, 12:39:46 PM
It's looking VERY nice. Thanks for sharing Tim. :)

have the beta testers been picked yet

tgb

#70
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: Boggit on August 02, 2014, 12:39:46 PM
It's looking VERY nice. Thanks for sharing Tim. :)

have the beta testers been picked yet

First round of codes went out the other day.  I know Martok, Son of Montfort, and myself are all in.  I have no idea of the schedule for the next round.

Martok

I have to say, I really like the description & background given for all the nations so far.  I think it helps a lot with atmosphere, and really gives the various factions a sense of identity...along with maybe/hopefully a goal for the player to strive for when controlling whatever nation it is they choose. 




Quote from: tgb on August 02, 2014, 03:45:20 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: Boggit on August 02, 2014, 12:39:46 PM
It's looking VERY nice. Thanks for sharing Tim. :)

have the beta testers been picked yet

First round of codes went out the other day.  I know Martok, Son of Montfort, and myself are all in.  I have no idea of the schedule for the next round.
I believe bbmike got it on the first round as well. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces