Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on June 14, 2014, 03:43:46 AM
As far as hex & counter wargames go, on the computer, the HPS Panzer & Modern Campaigns series are some of the most fun.  They're relatively straightforward, as is the UI.  The vanilla graphics were a big negative, and having so many full-price versions can put a hit on your wallet if you want some variety.  But they've become my go-to Hex & Counter wargame, more so with these excellent graphics mods.

O0
Me too. I don't usually bother modding the graphics though and stick with vanilla.  I am also a fan of the Squad Battles system.
But I still don't know what to make out of the new Panzer Battles system which is a hybrid of Panzer/Modern Campaigns.
There seems to be some gamey-ness and unbalance in that scale at this point.  Stats / rules tweaking need to be done.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on June 14, 2014, 06:15:49 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on June 14, 2014, 03:43:46 AM
As far as hex & counter wargames go, on the computer, the HPS Panzer & Modern Campaigns series are some of the most fun.  They're relatively straightforward, as is the UI.  The vanilla graphics were a big negative, and having so many full-price versions can put a hit on your wallet if you want some variety.  But they've become my go-to Hex & Counter wargame, more so with these excellent graphics mods.

O0
Me too. I don't usually bother modding the graphics though and stick with vanilla.  I am also a fan of the Squad Battles system.
But I still don't know what to make out of the new Panzer Battles system which is a hybrid of Panzer/Modern Campaigns.
There seems to be some gamey-ness and unbalance in that scale at this point.  Stats / rules tweaking need to be done.

I also enjoy the Squad Battles games. 

Except for that damn Effectiveness % situation.  That is a bit jarring.  I can see a little reason for something of that nature if the scenario time span was very long but not at the current short lengths.  Using it in place of some kind of ammunition tracking isn't a good idea IMO.  I think they could've just put a hard number in and after so many uses given the squad/weapon combo in question a set "Low Ammo" effectiveness penalty once that amount had been used.  As it works now, every time a squad fires it's effectiveness drops and that's not a good way to represent the ammo situation.

I think someone made a mod for the Effectiveness rating, in some of the games, but I've not tried it yet.  The penalty really isn't too bad until you get a few turns into a firefight, although some weapons are hit with it pretty bad such as Mortars.

There are also usually some complaints about the Armored Vehicle penetration stuff.  It ends up being a % to Pen type of thing, depending on ratings comparison.  I'm not as bothered with that as others, although the die rolls can be really fickle.  I don't recall if there are optional rules you can enable to even out such die rolls, as there is with Assaults for example.

Al

The map mods for the Panzer Campaigns add a lot.  Here's a shot of the breakout from Omaha beach.

Al

DoctorQuest

Last mission of the Six Day War. You should have seen the other guy.......................

Yes, I made it back to base.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

jomni

Great screenshot and good flying.

Nefaro

Ouch.  Did you have to regularly hit the burner to keep your now lowered lift up?

IIRC, those delta-winged Mirages were rather difficult at low speeds in that regard, especially landing.  I think that's why that later Israeli manufactured copy has the added carnard wings (the Kfir?).

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Nefaro on June 17, 2014, 12:30:38 AM
Ouch.  Did you have to regularly hit the burner to keep your now lowered lift up?

IIRC, those delta-winged Mirages were rather difficult at low speeds in that regard, especially landing.  I think that's why that later Israeli manufactured copy has the added carnard wings (the Kfir?).

Yes, I came in rather hotter than usual. Pitch control was a little dodgy.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

jomni

Reminds me of the Israeli F-15 which landed on one wing.

jomni

jomni

Completely surrounded by Argentinians!  :o

RooksBailey

Just a little pic of my "runner" from Shadowrun:

He has his gang mask on, and I just added that cybernetic left arm.   :coolsmiley:
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

undercovergeek

Climb up there? Are you taking the piss?

Hide behind these cans full of petrol, perfect

climb, climb, climb - give a secret agent a break

moooooooooooove!

yes i killed the dog, no im not proud of myself

Martok

LOL!  Nice commentary, geek.  Which game is that? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

splinter cell blacklist - steam sale purchase at £4.99

jomni

I always crack up when seeing that glowing NVG.
How the hell are you gonna sneak around in the dark with that?