Distant Worlds: Universe annouced!

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 13, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Boggit

Anguille :) Your avatar wobbles beautifully! :P Maybe you can get her to model for Sovereignty's Nymph artwork?? :smitten:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

PanzersEast

Quote from: Kushan on May 23, 2014, 06:15:59 PM
And its now unlocked on Steam.

Installed and ready for launch....


PE

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Boggit on May 23, 2014, 06:53:11 PM
Anguille :) Your avatar wobbles beautifully! :P Maybe you can get her to model for Sovereignty's Nymph artwork?? :smitten:
He has a knack for finding wobbly avatars!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

Quote from: Boggit on May 23, 2014, 06:53:11 PM
Anguille :) Your avatar wobbles beautifully! :P Maybe you can get her to model for Sovereignty's Nymph artwork?? :smitten:
It seemed there was some popular demand for it... ;)

Ian C

My quiet status up to now says it all.

Is there a Milky Way galaxy map with Earth starting position anywhere?

Darkspire

No but you can make one with the editor in Universe  ;)

I would imagine that things will start being made fairly soon, once folks get the hang of things.

Random Bangers



Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.


JudgeDredd

^ lol - she needs a support bra!

So Anguille - who is that beauty? Looks kinda italian
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 24, 2014, 03:04:53 PM
^ lol - she needs a support bra!

So Anguille - who is that beauty? Looks kinda italian
I think you can find her under Christine Model in youtube...

Staggerwing

That girl's been around the internet for quite a while. I recall a photo of her wearing a t-shirt that said: "Not Everything in Florida is Flat".
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

W8taminute

I picked up Distant Worlds: Universe on sale at Steam yesterday.  Spent about two hours with hit today and I must say color me impressed with the gameplay.  This is probably the most streamlined empire management system set in space.  I like the game a lot.

My only complaint is that even on my new laptop this game takes a long time to load up.  Makes me wonder how long other Matrix monster games like GGWITE take to load up. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on May 25, 2014, 04:22:18 PM
I picked up Distant Worlds: Universe on sale at Steam yesterday.  Spent about two hours with hit today and I must say color me impressed with the gameplay.  This is probably the most streamlined empire management system set in space.  I like the game a lot.

My only complaint is that even on my new laptop this game takes a long time to load up.  Makes me wonder how long other Matrix monster games like GGWITE take to load up.

WitE doesn't seem to take near as long to load.  I'd say Distant Worlds is probably has the longest load time of all the Matrix/Slitherine games I've played.

Rayfer

Quote from: Nefaro on May 25, 2014, 04:51:40 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 25, 2014, 04:22:18 PM
I picked up Distant Worlds: Universe on sale at Steam yesterday.  Spent about two hours with hit today and I must say color me impressed with the gameplay.  This is probably the most streamlined empire management system set in space.  I like the game a lot.

My only complaint is that even on my new laptop this game takes a long time to load up.  Makes me wonder how long other Matrix monster games like GGWITE take to load up.

WitE doesn't seem to take near as long to load.  I'd say Distant Worlds is probably has the longest load time of all the Matrix/Slitherine games I've played.

+1  I have had the same experience with both games.  Not sure why DW takes so long. But once it is up and running I have had no performance issues at all.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on May 25, 2014, 05:06:31 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 25, 2014, 04:51:40 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 25, 2014, 04:22:18 PM
I picked up Distant Worlds: Universe on sale at Steam yesterday.  Spent about two hours with hit today and I must say color me impressed with the gameplay.  This is probably the most streamlined empire management system set in space.  I like the game a lot.

My only complaint is that even on my new laptop this game takes a long time to load up.  Makes me wonder how long other Matrix monster games like GGWITE take to load up.

WitE doesn't seem to take near as long to load.  I'd say Distant Worlds is probably has the longest load time of all the Matrix/Slitherine games I've played.

+1  I have had the same experience with both games.  Not sure why DW takes so long. But once it is up and running I have had no performance issues at all.

I'm sure it pre-loads much of the 'stuff' into memory so that it doesn't bog down while running in real-time.  There must be a helluva lot of 'stuff' however, because it takes an unusually long time compared to others.