Pleased to meet hope you guessed I'm FRIDAY!

Started by MetalDog, March 14, 2014, 06:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Well i broke down and bought qvadriga like the weak pathetic game addict i am. So Qvadriga and probably some more 7 days to Die, expecting alpha 7.6 to drop tomorrow.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

undercovergeek

Well Friday night gaming turned into 3am Saturday gaming with Banished when yellow fever broke out

But now i have cows and chickens!!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Kushan on March 14, 2014, 10:18:59 PM
[
Quote from: mikeck on March 14, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
So if I wanted to play one of these "aliens attack" games for the first time, should I play  xcom or xenonauts. Keep in mind in do like the graphics of  xcom but I think I would prefer the one that is more complex and strategically deep

Xenonauts

+1. (But XCOM EU is also fun.)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

KyzBP

Quote from: bbmike on March 15, 2014, 07:58:58 AM
Quote from: Kushan on March 14, 2014, 10:18:59 PM
[
Quote from: mikeck on March 14, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
So if I wanted to play one of these "aliens attack" games for the first time, should I play  xcom or xenonauts. Keep in mind in do like the graphics of  xcom but I think I would prefer the one that is more complex and strategically deep

Xenonauts

+1. (But XCOM EU is also fun.)
+2.
I'd go with Xenonauts because, even though it's in Beta, it's challenging as hell.  If you want very nice graphics then go with XCOM: Enemy Unknown, if you want to see what the original hype is all about, and don't mind 1994 graphics, then X-Com: UFO Defense is the way to go.  Let us know which one you go with.


mikeck

#36
Quote from: KyzBP on March 15, 2014, 08:21:47 AM
Quote from: bbmike on March 15, 2014, 07:58:58 AM
Quote from: Kushan on March 14, 2014, 10:18:59 PM
[
Quote from: mikeck on March 14, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
So if I wanted to play one of these "aliens attack" games for the first time, should I play  xcom or xenonauts. Keep in mind in do like the graphics of  xcom but I think I would prefer the one that is more complex and strategically deep

Xenonauts

+1. (But XCOM EU is also fun.)
+2.
I'd go with Xenonauts because, even though it's in Beta, it's challenging as hell.  If you want very nice graphics then go with XCOM: Enemy Unknown, if you want to see what the original hype is all about, and don't mind 1994 graphics, then X-Com: UFO Defense is the way to go.  Let us know which one you go with.

Thanks Guys, I'll let you know never really played the original so it's can have to be one of the safe warm really in the mood for it but when I am I'll pick up Xenonauts
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Going against my better nature I bought South Park: Stick of Truth.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Ian C on March 15, 2014, 11:30:16 AM
Going against my better nature I bought South Park: Stick of Truth.

It's really good. And legitimately funny.

One issue...the QTE tests to learn new...let's go with 'spells'. If you run into trouble, ask. They're insanely easy to do if you've figured out the trick to them.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, if you're using mouse and keyboard the on-screen prompts for South Park are useless.  They're very misleading and will lead to a lot of frustration, especially when learning the new "magic" skills.

Nefaro

Quote from: KyzBP on March 14, 2014, 04:39:28 PM
Like everyone else playing Xenonauts, I'll be sending Privates to Terror Sites because there's no one else left to send.  I may splurge on one of the College Basketball games out there.  It's almost tournament time.

Don't put your privates in dangerous places!

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2014, 04:59:49 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on March 14, 2014, 04:39:28 PM
Like everyone else playing Xenonauts, I'll be sending Privates to Terror Sites because there's no one else left to send.  I may splurge on one of the College Basketball games out there.  It's almost tournament time.

Don't put your privates in dangerous places!

Excellent advice!  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

I just finished downloading F1: 2013 edition during the free weekend trial on Steam.  I have 2012, but I don't see any reason not to upgrade for $15.  So I'm gonna break out the wheel and give that a spin tonight.

The bad thing about F1, though, is that I've found that I really can't play it after I've had a few beers.  It's just about the only game in my collection that I simply cannot play after drinking!  I've landed my share of 737s in blinding snow storms, and shot down many a MiG and zero with a few beers in me, but driving these race cars just doesn't work for some reason.   8)

Once I have the wheel hooked up, I may give Euro Trucker 2 a spin as well, finally.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

It's 2:20 am in the year 1454.  I am Savoy.  I have beaten back Switzerland.  Lost Cuneo to Heretics and was about to lose Nice before they just disappeared off the board.  Genoa has been stripped of Corsica and has only 3,000 troops.  Their big ally, Lithuania is too far way to help and I just spent the last year ganing a Casus Belli on Liguria to make Genoa mine.  And then Tuscany, my ally, goes to war with the Pope.  Tuscany calls on me to honor our alliance.  With great loss of face and positve relations with Tuscany, I decline.  The Pope's nuncio arrives just days after and reminds me of my alliance obligation to him.  I refuse him as well, with the same consequences.  And once my truce expires with Genoa in a few months, war, it will be, to expand my influence and power.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob