Main Menu

Armored Warfare

Started by Dolan50, March 29, 2014, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dolan50

Armored Warfare seems to be a Polish version of World of Tanks with a modern setting.
Does anybody here have any information about this game or familiar with what they are trying to do?
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,107162,15653050.html?i=10

Looks good but I'm wondering if it will get much attention here in the west.



A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

#1
Ok,

Did some searching on Google about this game looks like they do have a western version for Beta testing.
http://aw.my.com/
I just signed up for the Beta test.

A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

SgtRock

Does this make 3 or 4 WOT clones now?

Dolan50

 Don't know!
Looks good though and the graphics look great.
Everything can always be improved and I hope the maps are larger than WoT.

Hopefully it won't turn my laptop into a steaming pile of molten plastic  ;D
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Great Ajax

Would someone just make a modern tank simulator ala M1TP2 for Christ sake!  Hell, even a World War Two tank sim would be sweet.  I have been digging War Thunder's Ground Forces beta but it is essentially Call of Duty with tanks. 

Trey

Dolan50

Graviteam makes a semi modern and WW2 tank sim.

Steel Fury Kharkov(WW2) and Steel armor Blaze of War(1970s-80s).
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Asid

Quote from: Great Ajax on March 29, 2014, 01:02:42 PM
Would someone just make a modern tank simulator ala M1TP2 for Christ sake!  Hell, even a World War Two tank sim would be sweet.  I have been digging War Thunder's Ground Forces beta but it is essentially Call of Duty with tanks. 

Trey

Take a look at Steel Beasts pro or Graviteam Tactics
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Asid on March 29, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on March 29, 2014, 01:02:42 PM
Would someone just make a modern tank simulator ala M1TP2 for Christ sake!  Hell, even a World War Two tank sim would be sweet.  I have been digging War Thunder's Ground Forces beta but it is essentially Call of Duty with tanks. 

Trey

Take a look at Steel Beasts pro or Graviteam Tactics

M1TP2 is one of the greatest PC games of all time. Before it, M1TP carried that title.  They found the perfect balance between, realism, immersion and fun.  SBProPE is unrivaled as a sim and the Graviteam titles Steel Fury/SA: Blaze of War, fill a nice niche, but neither title comes close to the near perfection of the M1TP series.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Dolan50

Actually I'm hoping this will be something in between hard core sim and arcade like WoT with larger maps,modern tanks and better graphics.

Never got into the pure tank sims and never tried the Graviteam tank sims except for a brief demo play with Steel Fury Kharkov.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

SgtRock

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 29, 2014, 01:27:01 PM
Quote from: Asid on March 29, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on March 29, 2014, 01:02:42 PM
Would someone just make a modern tank simulator ala M1TP2 for Christ sake!  Hell, even a World War Two tank sim would be sweet.  I have been digging War Thunder's Ground Forces beta but it is essentially Call of Duty with tanks. 

Trey

Take a look at Steel Beasts pro or Graviteam Tactics

M1TP2 is one of the greatest PC games of all time. Before it, M1TP carried that title.  They found the perfect balance between, realism, immersion and fun.  SBProPE is unrivaled as a sim and the Graviteam titles Steel Fury/SA: Blaze of War, fill a nice niche, but neither title comes close to the near perfection of the M1TP series.

With all the interest in Tank based games, I'm surprised some one hasn't tried to bring back M1 TanK Platoon!

Nefaro

Quote from: Dolan50 on March 29, 2014, 02:32:20 PM
Actually I'm hoping this will be something in between hard core sim and arcade like WoT with larger maps,modern tanks and better graphics.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.  I wanted a WoT with more modern weapons.  F* WW2.

jomni

#11
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 29, 2014, 01:27:01 PM
Quote from: Asid on March 29, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on March 29, 2014, 01:02:42 PM
Would someone just make a modern tank simulator ala M1TP2 for Christ sake!  Hell, even a World War Two tank sim would be sweet.  I have been digging War Thunder's Ground Forces beta but it is essentially Call of Duty with tanks. 

Trey

Take a look at Steel Beasts pro or Graviteam Tactics

M1TP2 is one of the greatest PC games of all time. Before it, M1TP carried that title.  They found the perfect balance between, realism, immersion and fun.  SBProPE is unrivaled as a sim and the Graviteam titles Steel Fury/SA: Blaze of War, fill a nice niche, but neither title comes close to the near perfection of the M1TP series.

If only Steelbeasts had the campaign of M1TP2.

As for this modern tank game, hope they have modern laser designators.  I find it comical that ARMA and Battlefield tanks go back to WW2-era manual elevation setting.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I hope they mod it so it has Panthers and Sherman VC Fireflies!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

low tier fights are so much fun with maxed out crews and pimped up tanks.  its noob trolling all day long.  8)
to be fair though, it takes the sting out of losing 50k when your tier 10 gets creamed 2 minutes into a lost battle.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.