Global Air Traffic Control (Simulator)

Started by PanzersEast, March 30, 2014, 12:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

I played the demo to GATC from Aerosoft and while I think it is pretty well done, I believe it is a little overpriced.  I have seen this type of game done before and it lends itself to a touch screen.  I think long term while some aspects could be addicting, I think the interest level begins to tapper off in the end.


PE

Grim.Reaper

Although I envy people who do this for a living and keeps our skies safe, just can't imagine sitting in front of a screen and doing that for gaming fun....does it have scenarios where your in charge of crisis situations, although not sure if controllers have much involvement in that type of stuff.

tgb

Kennedy Approach was a great game, and one of the first to feature digitized speech, iirc.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 30, 2014, 12:32:16 PM
Although I envy people who do this for a living and keeps our skies safe, just can't imagine sitting in front of a screen and doing that for gaming fun....does it have scenarios where your in charge of crisis situations, although not sure if controllers have much involvement in that type of stuff.

I'm presuming you mean you "do not" envy them. Its a rather thankless, very high-stress job. A lot of failed marriages and chain smokers in that lot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


PanzersEast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 30, 2014, 12:32:16 PM
Although I envy people who do this for a living and keeps our skies safe, just can't imagine sitting in front of a screen and doing that for gaming fun....does it have scenarios where your in charge of crisis situations, although not sure if controllers have much involvement in that type of stuff.

There are scenarios, however not in the Demo.  There are numerous airports available in the full game, but not sure what overall a difference there will be.  You can pull real-world weather conditions in, but again I think for what the game offers it should be quit a bit less. 


PE


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 30, 2014, 06:05:46 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 30, 2014, 12:32:16 PM
Although I envy people who do this for a living and keeps our skies safe, just can't imagine sitting in front of a screen and doing that for gaming fun....does it have scenarios where your in charge of crisis situations, although not sure if controllers have much involvement in that type of stuff.

I'm presuming you mean you "do not" envy them. Its a rather thankless, very high-stress job. A lot of failed marriages and chain smokers in that lot.

I guess I appreciate the job they do for us (somebody has to do it) since for most of us, we wouldn't do it because of the reasons you stated....

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 30, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 30, 2014, 12:32:16 PM
Although I envy people who do this for a living and keeps our skies safe, just can't imagine sitting in front of a screen and doing that for gaming fun....does it have scenarios where your in charge of crisis situations, although not sure if controllers have much involvement in that type of stuff.

There are scenarios, however not in the Demo.  There are numerous airports available in the full game, but not sure what overall a difference there will be.  You can pull real-world weather conditions in, but again I think for what the game offers it should be quit a bit less. 


PE

Thanks....hmmm...there is a demo....maybe I will have to see how I would do.