CMANO on the floor - Battle Command - looks like a serious platoon simulator

Started by undercovergeek, March 31, 2014, 08:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


JasonPratt

Not just platoons, either -- I saw whole company action (Shermans vs Panzers) on the game website this morning.

http://www.historicalsoftware.com/


I will add that I am rather squeeish not only over the game, but the blog you found it at, too. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JC______

Hi. Thanks for the referral.

Jason is right. Bigger scenarios are available. I played a platoon sized one because I had to start small. :)

Cheers,

sandman2575

W
O
W
!!!


I was not aware of Battle Command.  Looks absolutely amazing.  Thanks for posting.

Also, Chelco's Real & Simulated Wars blog is a must-bookmark, imo.  Great stuff he does.

sandman2575

Am I misreading the HSC homepage, or does $50 get you the whole simulation engine plus the WW2 and modern-day scenarios?  (That seems too good to be true, but I'm having trouble understanding the purchase options)

Redwolf


undercovergeek

Quote from: sandman2575 on March 31, 2014, 09:13:42 AM
Am I misreading the HSC homepage, or does $50 get you the whole simulation engine plus the WW2 and modern-day scenarios?  (That seems too good to be true, but I'm having trouble understanding the purchase options)

The price for the Battle Command Download Package is US$49.00.  Two payment options are available.

Payment by credit card (VISA/MASTERCARD/DISCOVER/AMEX) or Electronic Check.

    Click the button below to access our secure payment form (Authorize.net).  With an electronic check, you will be prompted for authorization to debit your checking account for the order amount (only available to U.S. bank locations).  We ship within 24 hours for credit card/electronic check orders.

You Will Receive:

    1. Battle Command Game Simulation and Station Programs, with the ability to add an unlimited number of players.

    2. User's Guide and Tutorial Video Files.

    3. Six WWII Normandy Scenarios + 10 Modern NTC Scenarios + 7 WWII Battle of the Bulge Scenarios + 5 Bulge Mini-games + Several Modern Afghanistan and Iraq Scenarios (see Scenarios and Products page for more information).

    4. Complete set of scenario design tools and utilities.

    5. You will also be registered for and receive access to the Battle Command Discussion Board Forum.

Please Note:

    1. Station computers should have a 3D acceleration card (such as an nVidia or ATI 3D gaming card).

    2. Clients are free to run allowing unlimited players.

    3. You can download all files from the downloads section of this website.  The NTC map (also available on DVD) is 3.2GB.



looks that way to me

sandman2575

Just seems like a surprisingly cheap price for such a specialized product from a small independent developer.  And you get the whole shebang too -- no charge for the separate scenarios.

Not complaining, of course, just surprised.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Staggerwing

IIRC, this game has been in development for a while, originally under an acronym- TALACOSA or something similar?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

magnus

 This is the same one that was free not too long ago, correct?

I also do not see anything about and AI, is it MP only?

JasonPratt

Magnus,

no, it also has single-player vs AI. For example, although Chelco's demonstration mission was designed for multiplayer, he took it vs the AI.

(Incidentally, Chelco's blog-tracking sidebar has a wealth of goodies, too...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: sandman2575 on March 31, 2014, 11:12:58 AM
Just seems like a surprisingly cheap price for such a specialized product from a small independent developer.  And you get the whole shebang too -- no charge for the separate scenarios.

Not complaining, of course, just surprised.

Ditto. I kind of want to smack the anonymous poster on Chelco's article who said it was too expensive for him at the moment. Clearly we have all been spoiled by Steam and Gamersgate... That price point would be de facto at Matrix, and far from the most expensive game there. I'm pretty sure I paid almost twice as much for HPS's Point of Attack 2 (a comparable game) back in the day, from NWS where they often have distributor price breaks.

(Currently they're selling it for $37 via Ebay, by the way. Not a big fan of NWS' new port to Ebay, but I understand the need and benefits of it.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

TacticalWargames

I paid for it when it first came out when it was called TALICOSI (Wargamer did a article on it a few years ago..google it)..then went free..and now pay ware again.

He is supposed to be making an AI for solo play..though I think it's a long way off.

I played the solo scenario the other day (You play against a static defense). Was  OK.


TacticalWargames

Quote from: TacticalWargames on March 31, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
I paid for it when it first came out when it was called TALICOSI (Wargamer did a article on it a few years ago..google it)..then went free..and now pay ware again.

He is supposed to be making an AI for solo play..though I think it's a long way off.

I played the solo scenario the other day (You play against a static defense). Was  OK.

Unless your going to play mutli player and willing to go through a real tough UI then I'd stay away.