Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Aparently all artifacts found make a different noise. Speculation is going rampant now as to what we should decypher.  :smitten:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Freyland

That seems like an awesome way to distract you guys from all the lack of things to do I keep hearing complaints about.

RooksBailey

I wonder if the Thargoids (or whatever they are called) are going to be the focus of the next expansion after PP.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

SirAndrewD

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 19, 2015, 02:09:50 PM
I wonder if the Thargoids (or whatever they are called) are going to be the focus of the next expansion after PP.

This is a pretty strong indication that they will be.  Heck, they might even be in PP itself. 

I'm really happy with this turn of events.  They listened to the complaints that there was not enough "mystery" to space exploration and added a little spice prior to the big changes in PP. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

undercovergeek

I wonder if the Thargoids (or whatever they are called)

youve never heard of Thargoids?

bob48

I think I had mine taken out when I was a kid ???
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

RooksBailey

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2015, 05:46:41 AM

Nope.  I did play Elite 2 back in the day, but I think I only ever had a few hours in the game.  It didn't click for me at the time.  My preferred space games were Sun Dog and Universe II.

Quote from: bob48I think I had mine taken out when I was a kid ???

;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

SirAndrewD

Quote from: RooksBailey on May 20, 2015, 02:26:16 PM

Nope.  I did play Elite 2 back in the day, but I think I only ever had a few hours in the game.  It didn't click for me at the time.  My preferred space games were Sun Dog and Universe II.

They popped up in the original game as well, tearing your ship into witchspace and usually killing you instantly.   They were pretty horrifying for the time, I have memories of them completely outclassing whatever ships I could cobble together.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

undercovergeek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 20, 2015, 05:26:09 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on May 20, 2015, 02:26:16 PM

They popped up in the original game as well, tearing your ship into witchspace and usually killing you instantly.   They were pretty horrifying for the time, I have memories of them completely outclassing whatever ships I could cobble together.

lol, this

Jarhead0331

Its amazing how resourceful some people are. So, a handful of guys were able to track a partial url and hack 48GB of data from Cloud imperium Games. They then were able to assemble the data into the following video showing the impressive interior of one of the carriers in Star Citizen.

Imagine what this is going to look like when finished.

http://www.simhq.com/daily-news/huge-star-citizen-leak-shows-future.html

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

RooksBailey

Gimme already!

QuoteThe Extra Features Of Powerplay

Of course, the standout feature of the Powerplay content update is the mode after which it's named. Powerplay makes the galaxy a hotbed of activity as players back their powers in an epic battle for galactic conquest and control, but the Powerplay mode isn't where the content update ends.

Here are six of the team's favourite features that will change the way you play when Powerplay goes live. They're just a taste of the countless new features you'll find when you log into Elite: Dangerous for the first time after Powerplay is released.

1. Mining is a money-maker.
After Powerplay you'll find dedicated mining missions, high and low intensity extraction sites, new minerals and increased occurrences of higher value resources. Take care, because mining is more dangerous at the pirate-infested high intensity sites.

2. Automate your busy life with drones.
New Drones can assist with mining, collecting cargo and trading fuel with your wing. Drones are single-use consumable items that can be assigned to a firegroup and launched with a set purpose, whether it's to send fuel to a friend, collect a single canister or collect clusters of stray items floating in space.

3. Automated turrets are smarter.
Turrets will now only fire upon legitimate enemies, and accidental turret fire won't register as an assault. A five percent movement boost makes them a little snappier in a crisis, too, making them altogether more useful on any ship.

4. Criminal enterprises have the tools to succeed.
Smuggling illegal goods is now even more lucrative. Narcotics are subject to higher demand and inflated prices, players receive a higher percentage for black market sales, and all sales now apply to your Trading rank. Finally, Black Markets can be located on the galaxy map, so no more wasted trips for the galaxy's criminal element.

5. Easier progress tracking.
Your progress to Elite is now visible at a glance on the Status UI panel. It's a long road to Elite but with new mission system and Powerplay to explore, you might find your rank increasing faster than ever.

6. New missions.
In Powerplay you'll find an upgraded mission system. Mining missions and new branching missions are just two highly visible benefits, and combat pilots may find enemies appearing in Super Cruise a long way from their old stomping grounds at the Unidentified Signal Sources. It all makes for a more dynamic and unpredictable galaxy.

And all this just scratches the surface of a 5,000 word changelog filled with tweaks, changes, upgrades, new features, an even better background simulation and two new ships. We want to thank everyone helping us test Powerplay right now, and we can't wait to read and watch everyone's reactions when Powerplay goes live.

Having said that, by lurking on the forums I can see that the beta is buggy.  Still, FD seems to be making good progress with four beta builds released this week alone.  So I am hopeful that when it does go live, it will be in good shape. 

Anybody with beta access have an opinion on PP?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 11, 2015, 05:54:30 PM
Looks like free steam keys to anyone who bought from official store...coming may 28

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=143652&p=2208022#post2208022

Did anyone claim their steam key?  I went into my account and don't see the option to get one, based on the instructions they posted below....just curious if just me.  I purchased when it was still in beta mode, so wondering if maybe not eligible then.

Greetings Commanders

All EliteDangerous.com store players can now generate a Steam key to add it to their Steam library.

By generating a Steam key all future purchases made with your Frontier account will also be associated with your Steam account. This won't affect how much you pay for the game or for paint jobs, but sticking with the EliteDangerous.com store remains the best way to support ongoing development with 100 percent of your money on future purchases. We especially appreciate it when you buy direct from us, but we're happy for you to play how and where you like. Just enjoy the game, and fly safe Commanders!

Instructions to redeem:

Go to your account dashboard.

Click on 'Partner Keys'

Click 'Claim an Elite: Dangerous' key.

You can redeem your code by selecting 'Games > Activate a Product On Steam' in the Steam UI.

Note: the key you generate will add Elite: Dangerous to any Steam library but WILL NOT grant access to the game without an existing registered Frontier account and copy of the game. For this reason, please don't give your keys away to friends! They won't be able to play without having already bought the game from Steam or the EliteDangerous.com store!

Grim.Reaper

Ended up getting a fast answer from their support desk...appears they are having issues with browsers....in order to see the partner tab, you either have to start your browser in "In Private" mode or clear your cache...I used the private mode and was able to claim my code.

Jarhead0331

I'm really enjoying the power play beta right now. Making money is a lot more reasonable now. Lucrative missions are more frequent and not as tedious to complete...and since hauling illegals is more of an option now, the missions are also more exciting since there is risk involved.

Very nice additions so far.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18