Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

I bought it on Epic last year, but am also seeing the DLC for $10.  Hopefully this is just a release day bump/delay, otherwise...not happy.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Hmm...thanks Steve and 'Geek...holding now to see if it clears up. 10.00 is 10.00.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

https://www.gog.com/en/game/old_world

Old World - Heroes of the Aegean is available for free for the first two weeks of release! :  $36

https://store.steampowered.com/app/597180/Old_World/

Old World + Free Heroes of the Aegean DLC Upgrade : $36

Gusington

^Nice! Thanks Pete.

All cleared up and I got my 10.00 back :)

Little shady how the upgrade was not so easy to find on Steam but whatever :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sigwolf

steve58

OK my bad, apparently I do have the new DLC.  I can see "Heroes of the Aegean" under Scenarios.   O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Downloading game and DLC from Gog right now!  Have about 50 turns left in my Civ5 game.  Doubt I can finish that before the download completes!

Gusington

I have faith in you. Nothing happens in the last 50 turns anyway!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

If you want that last 50 turns to go by faster use nukes!   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Working my way through the tutorials and it runs like a dream . Very happy so far and I do like the UI with the tooltips that you can drill down into.

How is everyone else finding it ? Anyone just jumped straight in and have a proper game underway yet ?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Are the tutorials well done? Old World doesn't seem particularly complex to me but what do I know.

Are skirmish games possible to set up? If I want to play as the Hittites vs. Persia can I do that?

And is there Steam workshop support?

Of course I am now not home, had to leave for a while with work getting done in my house, so I will have to purchase later :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

fyi:  Epicgames is having a sale that includes a 25% off coupon that may work on Old World.  I can't verify this since I already bought Old World on Epic.  Also, as far as I can tell from the coupon description, it sounds like it will work on all eligible items ($14.99 or more) in your cart, not just one item.

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2022, 10:13:13 AM
Are the tutorials well done? Old World doesn't seem particularly complex to me but what do I know.

Are skirmish games possible to set up? If I want to play as the Hittites vs. Persia can I do that?

And is there Steam workshop support?

Of course I am now not home, had to leave for a while with work getting done in my house, so I will have to purchase later :/

There is a LOT more going on under the apoarently simple surface.

Random example. If you build a worker in a city and then decide it needs to move to another city to help out with some urgent building project that worker will take an extra year (turn) to build anything than if you use a worker native to that city. Apparently workers dont like being forcibly  sent to far flung parts of your empire away from their favourite bars and women and so moodily work slower :)

Second example....having Generals leading your armies makes a huge difference to their combat effectiveness but Generals can only lead troops of the same race so capturing tribal lands and their forces means only characters from that race can lead them....similar mechanics exist with city Governors where they have to be characters from the same family that founded the city. There are lots more involving the nuances of combat.

Skirmish games are definitely posdible. Smallish random map with your Hittites v the Persians is a breeze to set up. Though the AI does not receive extra bonuses on the lower difficulty levels they typically start with a couple of extra city sites settled so if you want to start on a totally level playing field you need to adjust that in the options settings (there are A LOT).

Re Steam Workshop it shows up in the store page for the game so it seems to be integrated.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Geezer

@devoncoop.  Is any of that detail explained anywhere or do you have to figure it out by trail and error?  Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw