The Great War - Total War

Started by Gusington, August 04, 2013, 09:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

V5.0 of The Great War mod for Napoleon Total War, after three years (!!!) of development, is set to be released this month. Needless to say my loins are moist. Check out the release trailer:

Here is the link on twc:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?612025-TGW-5-0-Release-Date-Trailer

Look at all that first generation armor!

LB edit: fixed your YouTube link.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Neat!

Seeing the tanks glide along without the treads moving is a little bit distracting though.  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Looks pretty cool Gus but no one wants to hear about your loins, moist or otherwise.  :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

sandman2575

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 04, 2013, 09:19:46 AM
Seeing the tanks glide along without the treads moving is a little bit distracting though.  ???

Exactly what I thought watching the trailer -- which is otherwise amazing.  3 years of work put into this, which is an incredible achievement -- I feel guilty thinking the tank animations (or lack thereof) are a serious immersion killer... but it really jumps out at you and is impossible to ignore :(

MetalDog

Y'all shouldn't spoil Gus's moist loins like that!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Shelldrake

Very nice (the release trailer not Gus' loins) but I guess it is too much to expect naval battles too?!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Full disclosure: I noticed the tank treads too. I suppose there's nothing they could do about it. Same thing with naval battles: modeling software just could not give the team what they wanted. That aside...loin-moistening. Complete with full campaign!

LB thanks for the Youtube. I tried three times to place it and it wouldn't take.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 04, 2013, 11:25:50 AM
Full disclosure: I noticed the tank treads too. I suppose there's nothing they could do about it. Same thing with naval battles: modeling software just could not give the team what they wanted. That aside...loin-moistening. Complete with full campaign!

LB thanks for the Youtube. I tried three times to place it and it wouldn't take.

Make sure you copy the link under the Share tab. Then click the YouTube feature on the forums and paste the URL in between those tags.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

FYI the release date for this is Friday, August 9. This is really throwing a wrench in my late summer gaming plans, with Space Hulk and Rome 2 coming. How do I resist he pull of my favorite era combined with my favorite franchise?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Can't wait to fire the guns of August!  I wonder what the strategic map and tech tree look like?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Oche

Nice, new available mods are always welcome.

Sir Slash

I didn't know there was a full campaign. I thought there were only custom battles only. My loins moisten as well though at my age that's usually because I've spilled something.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 05, 2013, 01:33:45 PM
I didn't know there was a full campaign. I thought there were only custom battles only. My loins moisten as well though at my age that's usually because I've spilled something.

LOL
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

It better not be just custom battles...I do believe a full campaign will be available. The modders have been working on this for 3 years! That's almost as much time as I've invested in my younger daughter. And believe me, she came with a full campaign.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Ok from a perusal of tbe mod's FAQ the team has confirmed a full campaign with totally customized campaign map units, including trains. Loin-moistening continues!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd