Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 12, 2024, 07:32:14 AMa master class as in clearing that much dense urban terrain while minimizing your own losses in a somewhat short timeframe.

Out of curiosity, what are IDF total losses? I actually haven't looked into that.

In any event, if you pretty much destroy everything in your path, that is certainly one way to minimize losses, but I don't think it's a MOUT strategy that other military forces will emulate.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 12, 2024, 08:03:06 AMI don't think it's a MOUT strategy that other military forces will emulate.

no its not nor should it be 95% of the time.  I think this is a case where there really wasnt much choice for the IDF though.

QuoteSince the start of the ground operation, 184 soldiers have been killed, and 1,085 soldiers have been injured in Gaza, according to the Israeli military.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 12, 2024, 09:16:28 AMno its not nor should it be 95% of the time.  I think this is a case where there really wasnt much choice for the IDF though.

Agreed. The IDF is in a unique and very challenging position, both military and political. However, with that said, this operation can hardly be described as a "master class" in urban warfare.

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 12, 2024, 09:16:28 AM
QuoteSince the start of the ground operation, 184 soldiers have been killed, and 1,085 soldiers have been injured in Gaza, according to the Israeli military.

What about tanks, IFVs, aircraft (if any). Curious about those losses, as well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

no real info on equipment losses yet.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Very tragic day for the IDF. 21 reservists killed in a single incident. Apparently, they were wiring two buildings for destruction when Hamas attacked a tank. The destruction of the AFV triggered the detonation of the explosives that had been wired to take down the buildings, which then collapsed on top of the unit, killing them all.

IDF casualties now approach 220.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

my understanding was the tank took a hit that caused it to misfire resulting in the detonation.
either way, it sucks.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

more seriously, I'm not feeling the push into Rafah is a good idea on any level.

Jarhead0331

The absolute worst kind of combat.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

Rafah must be taken which would then complete the destruction of Hamas.  When you look at how the world, the U.N. and the U.S.A. in particular have been pressuring Israel tremendously to not go in it's quite obvious that they don't want Hamas eliminated.  What a great blow it would be to Iran if one of their proxies was absolutely destroyed.  And destroyed it must be because of their wickedness they committed on October 7. 

The Old Testament is filled with examples of God commanding Israel to destroy the Caananites, the Amorites, etc. because of their worship of Baal.  The modern day version of that is organizations that celebrate wanton death and destruction must be destroyed.  Or else evil will continue to be a thorn in everybody's side.

I'm so proud that Israel rejected calls to send a delegation to Egypt on Thursday to negotiate peace.  Why negotiate a cease fire when only 4 brigades are left including the leader? It sounds to me that world opinion be damned, because it is damnable, Israel will complete the job.  Then onto to the dweebs in Lebanon. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

as I said, a master class.

GDS_Starfury

keep in mind that everything going boom here is a secondary detonation.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1759600594593910986