Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Alborz's journey to Allah would certainly be nasty, brutish, and short...  :HideEyes:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

per CENTCOM:

The USS MASON (DDG 87) shot down one drone and one anti-ship ballistic missile in the Southern Red Sea that were fired by the Houthis between 5:45 - 6: 10 p.m. (Sanaa time) on Dec. 28. There was no damage to any of the 18 ships in the area or reported injuries. This is the 22nd attempted attack by Houthis on international shipping since Oct. 19.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Tripoli

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 29, 2023, 06:27:58 PMper CENTCOM:

The USS MASON (DDG 87) shot down one drone and one anti-ship ballistic missile in the Southern Red Sea that were fired by the Houthis between 5:45 - 6: 10 p.m. (Sanaa time) on Dec. 28. There was no damage to any of the 18 ships in the area or reported injuries. This is the 22nd attempted attack by Houthis on international shipping since Oct. 19.

Just my opinion, but we need to start considering shooting at the Archer, and not just the arrows....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Just got a notification that India is also now sending ships to the Red Sea.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Tripoli on December 29, 2023, 06:48:45 PMJust my opinion, but we need to start considering shooting at the Archer, and not just the arrows....

its coming

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Uberhaus

Let's not forget the fletcher.

Staggerwing

If you whack the archer hard enough maybe other archers will be more reluctant to accept free arrows from the fletcher.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Uberhaus

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 30, 2023, 10:29:24 PMIf you whack the archer hard enough maybe other archers will be more reluctant to accept free arrows from the fletcher.
That would be nice, but the Saudi's have given them quite the pasting already and they're still going.

But here we go:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67851897 
QuoteThe US Navy has destroyed Houthi "small boats" attempting to board a container ship in the Red Sea.

Four vessels from Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen fired upon the Maersk Hangzhou and got to within metres of the ship, the US military said.
Helicopters from nearby US warships responded to a distress call and after being fired upon, sunk three of them "in self-defence".
The crews were killed and the fourth boat fled the area.
Centcom said while the ships were responding to the distress call, two anti-ship missiles were fired from Houthi-controlled areas at the pair of US navy vessels.
The USS Gravely destroyed the inbound ballistic missiles, Centcom said, adding it was the twenty-third "illegal attack by the Houthis on international shipping" since 19 November.

GDS_Starfury

steve58

Israelis wake up. 

QuoteUnprecedented numbers of Israelis want to arm themselves. A record 274,279 Israelis have filed for a handgun license between October 7 and December 25. And that number continues to grow at a pace of 500 to 600 per day on average.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/shocked-by-oct-7-failures-israelis-rush-to-buy-guns-with-government-encouragement/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

I've been seeing a lot of accusations against Israel accusing them of committing genocide against the pals.  My news sources say otherwise but I'm really dismayed at the lies I'm seeing on the internet about this war. 

I know I can be cryptic at times (and there is a reason for that) so to be clear, I stand by Israel.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

no matter what else is said, it's been a master class in urban warfare!

QuoteMain combat operations in the north of Gaza have come to an end, though there is still an IDF presence.

The IDF has encircled Al Bureij camp and advanced south along the Salah Al Deen Road.

The IDF has also continued to expand its control in the Khan Yunis area.

GDS_Starfury

I hope some BDA photos are release from last nights party.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 11, 2024, 11:12:17 AMno matter what else is said, it's been a master class in urban warfare!

I'm curious how you define "master class". I very clearly support Israel without any reservation and I have less than zero sympathy for Palestinians who support and help maintain the hold Hamas has on power. However, I'm also a realist.

20,000 Gazans dead, 5,000 of them children. 80% of the population, that's millions, displaced. It was an aggressive brutal operation in the extreme that has caused more destruction in less time than any other war in modern history. If level everything and kill anyone in your way is your measure of master class, then I guess I agree. There was very little finesse.

Furthermore, it must be stated that the maximalist goals set by Netanyahu cannot be achieved by this operation alone. In fact, the utter destruction of Hamas and the demilitarization and deradicalization of Gaza can probably never be achieved. So how do you even measure the success of all this death and destruction if it doesn't even accomplish the stated military objective?

Personally, I think the US military retaking of Mosul is a far better example of a successful operation in an urban environment.

Again, I'm not troubled by this at all. Fuck with the bill, get the horns. But like I said, I'm a realist and honest about it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

a master class as in clearing that much dense urban terrain while minimizing your own losses in a somewhat short timeframe.