GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Anguille on January 15, 2016, 05:35:15 AM

Title: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Anguille on January 15, 2016, 05:35:15 AM


Going to play the following games:

- Finally playing my first real campaign of Medieval Total War II as England (yeah...late to the party but it's going to be fun)
- Grand Ages: Rome

Have a good weekend guys...
Title: Re: Last Friday Night!
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 15, 2016, 07:17:44 AM
the cast is the best part of all that...
Title: Re: Last Friday Night!
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 15, 2016, 07:26:25 AM
I'm really enjoying learning DCS 2 and the Hawg at the moment - so probably that along with some scale modelling
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Wing Leader PBEM with SDR... maybe get to sink the Lexington.  :D

Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

Got a FTF game of Forgotten Heroes on Saturday lined up with Von Wildensee. Kind of a teaching game. Should be fun. I've not played much of FH but it's a good intro into the LnL system.

More car work.... fighting to get the exhaust manifold off the engine....
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: bob48 on January 15, 2016, 08:01:23 AM
Very much into Elite atm, and some PBEM 'Battles of Normandy' with panzerde.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Airborne Rifles on January 15, 2016, 08:03:07 AM
CMANO! I'll be travelling on Saturday but Monday is off, so I should get some solid progress into finishing up one scenario and starting the next.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Rayfer on January 15, 2016, 08:08:04 AM
Still deep into WitP:AE....I made it to Dec. 14th, 1941.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Tuna on January 15, 2016, 08:29:37 AM
Probably lots of Civ V.. In the middle of a single player games as the Iroquois. Majority of the world still friendly with me and in first, ,so hopes up for a victory. Started an MP game with my son at college last night so hoping that continues. Will try and get some Wasteland 2 and WITPAE Guadalcanal in as well.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: mirth on January 15, 2016, 08:31:33 AM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on January 15, 2016, 08:03:07 AM
CMANO! I'll be travelling on Saturday but Monday is off, so I should get some solid progress into finishing up one scenario and starting the next.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.pandawhale.com%2F23138-excellentjpg-zryq.jpeg&hash=042ff7f592134f3d274814fea65ea5bd056ef9d3)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Kushan on January 15, 2016, 08:34:14 AM
Not sure how much gaming time I'm going to have this weekend. My birthday is tomorrow so they'll be lot of drinking and watching football and less gaming, and Sunday will be probably be dealing with the massive hangover I plan on giving myself.

I've got Aurora lined up for my twitch stream tomorrow morning. I've had request to do a lets play of it since I started streaming last year but have been putting it off. But recently a couple of the huge strategy YouTube channels have been playing it so I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. Been several years since I last played so I'm going to be re-learning the game as I go.

I've got two War in the West PBEM games I'm going to be starting tonight. Both will be the grand campaign. I'll be playing the Western Allies in one and Germany in the other. Really wish WitW had '39'-'42 start dates for the grand campaign.

Depending on how bad my hangover is I have some Elite and CMANO scenario edit work lined up for Sunday.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: mirth on January 15, 2016, 08:39:58 AM
^Happy Birthday, man!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 15, 2016, 08:47:06 AM
Happy Birthday Kushan for tomorrow. Feet up, drink and be merry
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: tgb on January 15, 2016, 08:52:38 AM
Tharsis, because I'm a masochist.  Also latest beta builds of Victory & Glory and Last Days of Old Earth
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Tuna on January 15, 2016, 09:11:22 AM
Happy Bday Kushan!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 15, 2016, 09:20:26 AM
Happy b-day Kushan. In your honor I am pushing for my first win in Shogun 2. I am also looking to fire up Mad Max and looking forward to buying Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. Maybe play some Homeworld Remastered and Elite too.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: jamus34 on January 15, 2016, 09:28:17 AM
Tonight hoping to have a nice longCIV4:BTS session with Frey and Millipede.
Tomorrow will be attempting to put a new carb on my snowblower.
If I get a chance I'd like to try to get through my 3rd or 4th HOI3 run through as Germany.

And I'll fill in any spare time with a combination of Broforce, Grim Dawn or PoE
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Anguille on January 15, 2016, 09:39:43 AM
Happy B'day!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 15, 2016, 09:45:35 AM
I'm really motivated to move on from screen shots and to start making some serious videos with soundtracks, etc. I've got Shadowplay, Fraps, Windows Movie Maker and a few other recommended applications so I'm ready to play around. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time.

I'll probably focus on DCS 2.0, ARMA 3, Elite, Homeworld Remastered and maybe some Total War battle action.  Wish me luck. 
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: bob48 on January 15, 2016, 09:52:58 AM
Happy Birthday, Kushan.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: bbmike on January 15, 2016, 09:59:13 AM
More 7 Days to Die and some Vassal Fleet Commander Nimitz.
Happy Birthday, Kushan!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 15, 2016, 10:11:39 AM
Happy Birthday, Kush!

Not sure what I'm going to do...might be a case of analysis paralysis this weekend, since my wife is going out of town to be with her girlfriends up in Dallas. This means prime boardgaming time, so I'll probably make some more progress on my Thunderbolt/Apache Leader review/comparison.

I also need to do some Tank Battle Pacific writing for review purposes.

I just bought Typing Of The Dead Overkill Collection, Lords of the Realm II, and some silly game called Rush For Gold: Alaska, so I'll be touching on all of those at least to see what I've managed to get for my eleven dollars. I also want to get back to my Pool of Radiance AAR and try a few turns of Red Menace for that AAR as well. Not to mention continuing my Fleet Commander Nimitz game for the AAR and hope I don't mess up the rules more.

Finally, just got The Last Spike from Columbia Games for review, so I'll probably break that out and play it with my daughter.

The wife is gone two full days, so that means TWO FULL DAYS. :)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 15, 2016, 10:14:40 AM
BTW, first thing I thought of with this thread's title was this song:



But it was sounding "Friday's always on my mind..."

And now, that's stuck in your head. You're welcome.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: MengJiao on January 15, 2016, 10:28:39 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 15, 2016, 09:45:35 AM

I'll probably focus on DCS 2.0, ARMA 3, Elite, Homeworld Remastered and maybe some Total War battle action.  Wish me luck.

Similar, but mostly Armored Warfare
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 15, 2016, 10:34:54 AM
Maybe I'll do this at the weekend

Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 15, 2016, 10:38:47 AM
The Pet Shop Boys are who I also thought of when first seeing the thread title!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 15, 2016, 10:46:25 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 15, 2016, 10:38:47 AM
The Pet Shop Boys are who I also thought of when first seeing the thread title!

:-*
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: undercovergeek on January 15, 2016, 11:14:52 AM
There'll be some pbem with kyzbp and cyrano and con

I imagine there'll be some mordheim, some ck2 and I have an urge to purchase, hopefully I can hold out for the new home world game

And revenant at the cinema
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 15, 2016, 11:24:49 AM
New F15 DCS 2.0 Red Flag campaign looks scrumptious. Just the thing for making movies with!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on January 15, 2016, 11:45:39 AM
I'll be slowly working on upgrading my Nagato battleship in World of Warships, and I'm still slogging away in Ageod's Civil War II.

I've also recently purchased Scourge of War: Gettysburg 150th Anniversary edition, just to get all the DLC. I originally purchased SOW:G before way back in 2010 or thereabouts. I downloaded the Pea Ridge mod, so I'm going to try my hand at fighting that battle this weekend.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Sir Slash on January 15, 2016, 12:35:56 PM
In honor of Kushan's Birthday, I will continue making the world safe by driving the Bolshevik Hordes back to the Volga in DC Case Blue and then for fun, go beat-up some thugs that have been giving the brothel owner some trouble outside the Cracked Barrel in Pillars of Eternity. I'm all about Free Enterprise.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 15, 2016, 01:12:48 PM
Happy birthday Kushan!

For me it will be almost exclusively Wurm Online.  Seriously getting into this now, in fact I just went premium.  The cow I talked about last week gave birth to a healthy young calf last night so I've got some rearing to do.  I also constructed a large cart which I could pull myself at a massive speed penalty, or hitch a couple of horses to.  So now I need to get my hands on some horses and tame them.  My alliance probably has plenty of spares they could give me but I prefer to do as much myself as possible.  Oh, and I've also been doing some serious fletching ahead of my first hunting expedition!  The alliance are kindly keeping the academy's cookhouse stocked with food but I need to learn to manage myself, so a-huntin' I will go.

Lastly, I'm in the midst of starting to commence thinking about staking my own claim on the world.  I've been doing up the house my alliance gave me and learning how it all works...now I want to start from scratch on a deed that is wholly mine.

It really is a fantastic game when you get into it.  Not for everyone, certainly, but absolutely for me.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Dammit Carl! on January 15, 2016, 03:37:36 PM
I'm keeping it simple this weekend and just going to shoot things.  From zombies in Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmares, to the enemy of whichever side I'm on in RO2 / Rising Storm.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: bruce205 on January 15, 2016, 03:58:11 PM
Lost time poster,first time browsing...errr ... nevermind :)  Love this forum and all the banter !!
First things first, Happy birthday Kushan !! And Banzai Cat, I was thinking about attempting my first foray into Thunderbolt/Apache Leader. Only have had it for a year !!  Any tips?
Working for weekend and Monday but will also play some Witcher 3. Haven't even scratched the surface but what an awesome game !!
Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bruce
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 04:06:37 PM
I'm not a big fan of zombie games, Carl -- Undead Nightmare and 7 Days to Die are the only ones I recall playing -- but RDR:UN makes for a great alternate (very) extended ending to the original game.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Dammit Carl! on January 15, 2016, 04:43:06 PM
Yeah; started playing the zombie one right away, so I think I've spoilered myself on some things to come in RDR.  Eh, a western themed Grand Theft Auto type game is fun regardless, so its all good.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:

LOL! Err... yeah.... and continuing my PBEM game of DC3 with Jason.....  :-[


And Happy B Day Kushan.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: IronX on January 15, 2016, 05:12:16 PM
Playing the Task Force Spartan Resolve campaign for CM Black Sea, which I am very much enjoying. Also spending the weekend scoping out parts for a new rig. I love my Mac, but it ain't no gaming machine.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 15, 2016, 05:19:58 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:

LOL! Err... yeah.... and continuing my PBEM game of DC3 with Jason.....  :-[



And?



(don't blow up my carrier!  I'm not done using it...)

Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 15, 2016, 05:55:07 PM
Hi bruce205!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 06:42:15 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 15, 2016, 05:19:58 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 04:56:32 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 15, 2016, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 15, 2016, 07:57:11 AM
Heroes of Normandie PBEM with Cyrano... if he remembers we have a game going.....

I see a distinct but ironic lack of mention of another PBEM game you're running there...  :knuppel2:

LOL! Err... yeah.... and continuing my PBEM game of DC3 with Jason.....  :-[



And?



(don't blow up my carrier!  I'm not done using it...)

Be quiet! Yer the first line in my first post.... Torpedoes away!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: MetalDog on January 15, 2016, 06:53:34 PM
Happy birthday, Kushan!  Enjoy your hangover ;)

Welcome, bruce205!  If that's your area code, then, ROLL TIDE!

As for games, it'll be some video watching on Seven Years War to figure out how to micro battles better.  And I had a hankering for some Hearts Of Iron II, so, I found my old discs and loaded them up.  I got my ass handed to me as Yugoslavia in a warm up game.  Just as I was about to start building my invasion forces, to take advantage of the chaos Germany brings, the Axis declared war on me!  Game over, Player One. 

After refamiliarizing myself with some of the controls and nuances, I have a game started as Italy.  I am going to forgo my usual tactic of consecutive runs of IC and just go straight in to building ships and infantry.  I am planning to make the Med a Roman lake again and I will intervene in the Spanish Civil War, with the goal of capturing and holding territory.  Then, I will turn my attention to Yugoslavia.  All the while trying to stay out of the Axis and fly under the Allies radar.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Staggerwing on January 15, 2016, 07:21:26 PM
Wasn't the creepy guy in the back of the car also the South African official in the second Lethal Weapon film?
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Sir Slash on January 15, 2016, 11:02:24 PM
Welcome Bruce 205 to the Grogs where every Friday we spend so much time talking about what we're playing on the weekend that we don't get around to it. But we are making progress. We've agreed which day of the week is officially 'Friday'. It's any day between Thursday night and Monday morning regardless of time zones. It's been a slow process.  :P
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: panzerde on January 15, 2016, 11:03:15 PM
I think he was also the Russian ambassador in Doctor Strangelove.

Happy birthday, Kushan! Many more!

Here, here, well spoken Bruce!



Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: WallysWorld on January 16, 2016, 01:16:37 AM
Playing a season of Links 2003.
Also looking at buying The Golf Club as I seem to be on a golf bing the last week or so.
Canadian campaign for CMSF.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Arctic Blast on January 16, 2016, 02:11:39 AM
Welcome aboard, Bruce! And Happy Birthday, Kushan!

We're FINALLY getting the D&D campaign cranked up again tomorrow. That aside, I'll probably FINALLY get Space Cadets : Away Missions to the table. And I just started messing around with DiRT 3, and want to play that a bunch more. Probably something else PC-related, too.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 16, 2016, 06:01:11 AM
Quote from: WallysWorld on January 16, 2016, 01:16:37 AM
Playing a season of Links 2003.
Also looking at buying The Golf Club as I seem to be on a golf bing the last week or so.
Canadian campaign for CMSF.

There is also PerfectSwing golf that is still in early access...although they seem to be installing some kind of $5 monthly fee for access to certain things.  Its a shame since the basics seemed good, but not sure I am into paying monthly for stuff.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Elvis on January 16, 2016, 11:42:27 AM
Quote from: Anguille on January 15, 2016, 05:35:15 AM


Going to play the following games:

- Finally playing my first real campaign of Medieval Total War II as England (yeah...late to the party but it's going to be fun)
- Grand Ages: Rome

Have a good weekend guys...

Perhaps more appropriate this week....


Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Father Ted on January 16, 2016, 12:30:40 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on January 16, 2016, 01:16:37 AM

Also looking at buying The Golf Club as I seem to be on a golf bing the last week or so.


I have to say that I didn't like TGC at all - found the swing system very hard to control, especially putting.  However, that was a while back, in early access.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Kushan on January 16, 2016, 12:34:59 PM
Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum bruce205.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: KyzBP on January 16, 2016, 12:50:52 PM
Quote from: Kushan on January 16, 2016, 12:34:59 PM
Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum bruce205.
Happy Birthday Kush!

Before the NFL playoffs start I'm going to try to get in as much WiTP:AE w/UCG and XCOM as I can.  Then I'm couch bound.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 16, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
Go Hawks and Broncos  O0
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 16, 2016, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 16, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
Go Hawks and Broncos  O0

I think you meant go Steelers:)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Kushan on January 16, 2016, 03:33:08 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 16, 2016, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 16, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
Go Hawks and Broncos  O0

I think you meant go Steelers:)

I'm sure what he really meant was Go Packers!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 16, 2016, 03:38:09 PM
I'll be playing Wurm Online even more tonight.  I found a pair of horses to hitch to my large cart and spent a gleeful ten minutes tearing around the academy in it. :D  Apparently it will be of enormous use on hunting expeditions, as it will be the only viable way of bring plenty of equipment with me, and hauling the carcasses home.

Also, I promised I'd build a second large cart for general academy use, to help other newbies joining the alliance.  It feels fantastic to be able to be of use to the alliance despite being such a new player.  In fact I'm beginning to see myself as something of a steward of the academy, since it's somewhere the more powerful alliance members seldom go.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: JudgeDredd on January 16, 2016, 03:38:40 PM
Perhaps I should explain....

When I first started watching American Football (when it eventually made it's way over here), I saw John Elway play - and I just loved his 4th down chancers. I don't really know where he was in the world league of QBs - but in my book, he was superb. So I became a Broncos fan.

The Seahawks was as a result of a posting I had in the British Army to Fort Lewis in Tacoma, Washington. I wished I had gone to see a game whilst I was there - but my time in Fort Lewis was cut short.

Those are my stories.

So you are both incorrect. I did mean Go Seahawks and Go Broncos  :P
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Sir Slash on January 16, 2016, 04:14:09 PM
You guys are killing me. Dish Network is fighting with my local CBS affiliate over rates and as a result, have stopped their broadcast. So no games for me that CBS broadcasts until these 2 asshats get their shit straight.  >:( And I'm not drunk enough to watch Hockey. Yet.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: WallysWorld on January 16, 2016, 08:47:09 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 16, 2016, 06:01:11 AM
Quote from: WallysWorld on January 16, 2016, 01:16:37 AM
Playing a season of Links 2003.
Also looking at buying The Golf Club as I seem to be on a golf bing the last week or so.
Canadian campaign for CMSF.
There is also PerfectSwing golf that is still in early access...although they seem to be installing some kind of $5 monthly fee for access to certain things.  Its a shame since the basics seemed good, but not sure I am into paying monthly for stuff.
Yes, I saw it. Thanks. The $5 monthly fee is quite the killer for me.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 16, 2016, 11:51:54 PM
This may get ugly.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F607225036337030106%2F6D76F24392496159FE6FD97973649375A7C37618%2F&hash=a1583482a60356dc24d45588348a7f836431b79a)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Nefaro on January 17, 2016, 12:24:03 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 16, 2016, 11:51:54 PM
This may get ugly.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F607225036337030106%2F6D76F24392496159FE6FD97973649375A7C37618%2F&hash=a1583482a60356dc24d45588348a7f836431b79a)


Dayum!  Where's the party?!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: MetalDog on January 17, 2016, 03:27:06 AM
It's the summer of '37.  Italy is at war with Republican Spain.  I have the northeast corner of the peninsula.  My spies report that the Spanish have 31 Infantry divisions and an Armored.  The most I can muster is 10 Infantry, 3 Cav and 4 Mountain divisions.  There's units coming in the pipeline, but, it's probably too little too late.  I may sue for peace and keep what I've already won.  We shall see.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Anguille on January 17, 2016, 04:17:09 AM
So far, i've mostly played Medieval Total War 2. The campaign is doing ok (except that i've been excommunicated) but i start to worry that i won't be able to reach the goal of 45 regions. I only control 9 regions and have about 150 turns left to play. ???
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 17, 2016, 09:40:41 AM
^Who are you playing as?
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2016, 09:42:02 AM
Anguille are you running vanilla, or are you playing with mods?
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 17, 2016, 09:43:58 AM
ANGUILLE ANSWER US IMMEDIATELY

:)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Anguille on January 17, 2016, 12:08:23 PM
lol....i am out with the kids in the snow... I am playing as England and it's vanilla....no mods.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: jamus34 on January 17, 2016, 02:22:20 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on January 15, 2016, 09:28:17 AM
Tonight hoping to have a nice longCIV4:BTS session with Frey and Millipede.
Tomorrow will be attempting to put a new carb on my snowblower.
If I get a chance I'd like to try to get through my 3rd or 4th HOI3 run through as Germany.

And I'll fill in any spare time with a combination of Broforce, Grim Dawn or PoE

Well...weekend didn't quite go to plan. Due to technical issues wasn't able to go on CIV4:BTS Friday night.

Also haven't had a chance to get back to HOI 3.

Surprisingly I managed to get the new carb on my snowthrower and did it right as the thrower started right up once I got some gas into it. I was duly impressed.

I did also manages to format my old boot drive (I got a SSD last year but kept the old boot drive available "just in case"). That freed up about a TB so I know longer have to triage my games. let the box run overnight to DL Shadows of Mordor and after 15 min or so I was pretty impressed with it.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: panzerde on January 17, 2016, 02:39:09 PM
Today is looking to be a heavy day of Tiller platoon/company scale gaming as I continue Panzer Battles PBEM with Cyrano and Bob, and start the Campaign Series: Middle East tournament play over at The Blitz. Some CM:RT with Cyrano, as well.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: bruce205 on January 17, 2016, 03:36:04 PM
Thanks everyone :)   Hope your weekend is going well ! 
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 17, 2016, 04:07:00 PM
Getting closer... :D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F607225036340017281%2FD1D9B77EE621EE31212EEA9EEE4F19051937960E%2F&hash=4164aea00694fff23e8e75f1450b1536d1da0967)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Nefaro on January 17, 2016, 05:25:59 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2016, 04:07:00 PM
Getting closer... :D




Is "Clan Fame" as harrowing in FotS as the "Realm Divide" in the original Shogun 2? 

If so, you better be right up on whatever win condition you need to fulfill after it strikes.   :o  Ready to end it quick!


Still have fond memories of my first vanilla Shogun 2 campaign with Shimazu.  Realm Divide was murderous but I managed to fight through waves of armies, and through the capital's defenses, on the final turns for the win.  Very satsifying.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 17, 2016, 05:56:50 PM
^I'm playing with the Radious mod which either eliminates or greatly reduces the effects of Realm Divide...can't remember which.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 17, 2016, 06:11:38 PM
The sacking of Obama will surely make many around here giddy with delight  8)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F607225036337030567%2FCA2FC94746BBE213C58336992798F2B1FE0F4051%2F&hash=0d27f20bd953cf6785e21a1d3c1c02a78a7fa3bc)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Martok on January 18, 2016, 06:16:20 AM
A belated Happy Birthday to Kushan, and a belated welcome to bruce!  8) 



Thanks to having worked this past weekend (plus its varied & associated suckiness), I didn't get much gaming done.  :(  What little time I did have was spent playing as the Cardassians in Ultimate Mod 5 for Birth of the Federation.  I also started a new campaign in Age of Wonders 3 as a Dwarven Theocrat, although I haven't gotten very far in it yet. 




Quote from: Gusington on January 16, 2016, 11:51:54 PM
This may get ugly.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F607225036337030106%2F6D76F24392496159FE6FD97973649375A7C37618%2F&hash=a1583482a60356dc24d45588348a7f836431b79a)
Okay, seriously, what the heck was going on there?? 

Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 18, 2016, 07:47:14 AM
Yamashiro, his sphincter wide at Tamba.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Barthheart on January 18, 2016, 08:05:16 AM
LOL!
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Nefaro on January 18, 2016, 08:27:57 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 18, 2016, 07:47:14 AM
Yamashiro, his sphincter wide at Tamba.


Haiku by Banzai Cat.

;D


(Think you're missing a line, though.)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Barthheart on January 18, 2016, 09:29:25 AM
I believe it's a play on the ST:NG episode Darmok...

Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Bison on January 18, 2016, 10:30:14 AM
Ratchet and Clank, and Star Wars Legos with the kids on PS3.  I really need to decide which of the nex-gen consoles I'm going to upgrade too.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2016, 10:34:30 AM
That screenie turned out to cover quite the decisive series of events in my FOTS campaign - I put a small bit together on it that BB will be posting to the front page soon with some other shots.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Martok on January 18, 2016, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2016, 10:34:30 AM
That screenie turned out to cover quite the decisive series of events in my FOTS campaign - I put a small bit together on it that BB will be posting to the front page soon with some other shots.
Excellent.  O0 

Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2016, 01:33:29 PM
You meant this, right?

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fep.yimg.com%2Fca%2FI%2Fyhst-38380677388371_2271_66184914&hash=4bb9c87d4241c957647f0741e24eaabdecce981c)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Martok on January 18, 2016, 07:39:22 PM
In fact, I do.  :coolsmiley: 

Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2016, 09:55:02 PM
And then this just happened...but I'm one province away from winning  :)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.akamai.steamusercontent.com%2Fugc%2F607225528657750314%2FD9C138DFF1D6C413DCEAB4E1E9A4E8EA1D142A69%2F&hash=45e36ae235dd7b0523cc636a0b2e6d1cc0317931)
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Martok on January 19, 2016, 03:57:53 AM
Ha, nice. 

Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Sir Slash on January 19, 2016, 10:49:06 AM
I stuck with the Emperor in my campaign. It had minimal catastrophic results. In Japanese I believe it's called, "Oh Shit-isan" vs "Deep Shit-isan" for taking over yourself.  ;D
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2016, 11:13:20 AM
Weird thing - maybe it's been a long time since my last play through but I don't remember becoming the 'Imperial Vanguard' the last time I reached Realm Divide.
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Sir Slash on January 19, 2016, 11:24:07 AM
I can't recall a lot myself but I remember waiting for that Realm Divide thing to happen. I also remember, Gatling Guns will handle just about any kind of divide.  ^-^
Title: Re: Friday On My Mind!
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2016, 11:56:30 AM
^That has been my experience too :)