GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2016, 04:19:53 AM

Title: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2016, 04:19:53 AM
In the vein hope of appeasing MD and removing some of the disdain I received from my BJ play last week, here's a group I love - and a particular song too


*EDITED* to eventually get a bloody link that wouldn't FORCE Youtube on you.
I swear that great thing that was going to be the internet and World Wide Web is getting more and more shite!

This weekend tomorrow is a right off because of the final day of the 6 Nations. 8 hours of rugby!!

However, I hope to get my F1 2016 career off to a start in F1 2015 and there will definitely be more The Division with some Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy and a smattering of Hitman:Absolution...see if there's any need for me to buy the new one - eventually

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: mirth on March 18, 2016, 04:41:47 AM
Round 2 of GMT's The Virgin Queen tonight. Still trying to make decent progress in Dragon Age: Inquistion (so many friggin side quests). Maybe some SWTOR.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Anguille on March 18, 2016, 05:09:39 AM
I plan to play the following:

- Stardrive 2....still Learning the game and still trying to win on easy. I've spent many hours on it already and it's really a nice game.

- Grand Ages: Rome...continue my campaign with 1-2 missions

Next week will be different with the expected EA2 of Master or Orion and strategy game i will help with beta-testing, though i think i'll still continue with Grand Ages: Rome.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: undercovergeek on March 18, 2016, 05:53:10 AM
The purge of my HDD and steam library continues and its quite refreshing to see a small array of game icons i know i want to play instead of getting bogged down in what to choose to justify their purchase - i almost went whole hog and returned to my childhood of one game, play til done and then the next one but that was a tad extreme

So there will be some WitP with KyzBP, some Call to Arms which is filling the modern combat hole very much - i think im done with CM, im tied to a PBEM with Con that im enjoying but after that it will go the way of the rest of the purge

On the flip side of the purge is making a decision over Mius front or Battlefleet Gothic - i need to watch a few more lets plays, Mius might just be a little too much and whilst i like the look of Gothic im not entirely smitten yet - both of which suggest theyre not must buys and therefore make the decision to cut down on meh games a bit obsolete

I recently reinstalled Anno 1404 for a bit of late night Jameson sipping and town buuilding and im enjoying that too
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: JudgeDredd on March 18, 2016, 05:59:49 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 18, 2016, 05:53:10 AM
The purge of my HDD and steam library continues and its quite refreshing to see a small array of game icons i know i want to play instead of getting bogged down in what to choose to justify their purchase - i almost went whole hog and returned to my childhood of one game, play til done and then the next one but that was a tad extreme
...
Been there - they come back.

I did exactly the same and had exactly the same thought - one game - no - too extreme...Just a few. Before I knew it, over the course of a month or two I had a full desktop of loving icons all begging me to double click!

But it does feel refreshing for a time.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: MetalDog on March 18, 2016, 06:04:02 AM
I appreciate the attempt at appeasement, JD.  You are forgiven :)

This weekend will be some Fantasy Grounds with Dungeons & Dragons 5e ruleset with Bison.  I have a couple of mp Civ IV games going and may get to one, none, or all of them.  But mainly, it will be yardwork.  The damn thing is about six feet high!  (Ok.  It only feels that way, but, still...)
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: undercovergeek on March 18, 2016, 06:07:28 AM
yeah i chuckled yesterday as the icons got deleted that theres Stellaris and TW:WH coming and poss HOI 4 but i only get 2 or 3 nights a week to game so the temptation is not as strong - i will buy them one by one not all 3 - my brain would melt - i mention the Mius/Gothic thing - i could very well have bought either or both this week and i would not have had chance to play, that hiatus has saved me from many an impulsive purchase over the last few months
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Hofstadter on March 18, 2016, 06:18:33 AM
I caved and got Victory and Glory: Napoleon, because I just cant resist any game thats napoleonic. Will be playing a heap of Mius front, will experiment in the Battle of Waterloo for scourge of war. Maybe check out Wars Of Napoleon from AGEOD to see if that stopped being a steaming pile of broken garbage.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Dammit Carl! on March 18, 2016, 06:52:24 AM
So, I get the thrills-n-chills of the yardwork that I didn't get done last weekend still to do, I also get to throw down on some wrench-time on the family vehicles  :)

Wheee!

Oh yeah, RO2/Rising Storm is going to happen.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: -budd- on March 18, 2016, 07:00:07 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 18, 2016, 05:53:10 AM
The purge of my HDD and steam library continues and its quite refreshing to see a small array of game icons i know i want to play instead of getting bogged down in what to choose to justify their purchase - i almost went whole hog and returned to my childhood of one game, play til done and then the next one but that was a tad extreme

I'm still recovering from my last hard drive/steam purge, JD is right they come back. I'm back up to a respectable 30 installed :idiot2:.

Since i'm off work and it will be sunny i will be playing spring yard cleanup during daylight hours. The gaming plan is some Mius front and the newly purchased Tigers on the Hunt, i'm a sucker for a tactical game. the scenario builders are really turning them out, there's already 50+ scenarios released by the community. I'm thinking of mixing a run and gun FPS in there for a change of pace. With that in mind i've loaded up Duke Nukem Forever for some alien scum killing action.

Better Tune selection JD O0
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Barthheart on March 18, 2016, 07:04:16 AM
No yardwork up here yet... although I can actually see the yard now.  :D

More VASSAL work.
PBEM with Jason in DC3.
Try to hook up with MD and Tuna for some Civ IV MP.
I've got a PBF game of Ace of Aces going over at BGG. We're using the intermediate rules that include altitude and ammo. First time I've played with those rules. Good stuff.  O0
Learn Plan Orange so SDR and I can have a go.

Final disassembly of the head for my Miata's motor so I can take it to someone to do a proper valve job on it.

More drooling over Stellaris videos....  :D
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Rayfer on March 18, 2016, 07:46:06 AM
JD....I always loved AC/DC's instrumentals, but as soon as the lead singer opens his mouth the experience is ruined. I prefer singing over screaming. Regardless....made it to the Dec 26th, 1941 turn in WitP:AE and will continue this weekend. Also, very close to finishing Life is Strange, and will do so by Sunday.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: bbmike on March 18, 2016, 08:03:54 AM
I was supposed to be working on my Horizon mod but ended up playing an actual game instead. The good news is that makes me want to finish my mod even sooner. Having the Trek races in the game is really pulling me in.
And I might pull out my Lock n Load Tactical WWII Demo and throw some dice as well.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Anguille on March 18, 2016, 08:45:20 AM
Quote from: bbmike on March 18, 2016, 08:03:54 AM
I was supposed to be working on my Horizon mod but ended up playing an actual game instead. The good news is that makes me want to finish my mod even sooner. Having the Trek races in the game is really pulling me in.
And I might pull out my Lock n Load Tactical WWII Demo and throw some dice as well.
Excellent! Can't wait.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Steelgrave on March 18, 2016, 08:48:55 AM
Still playing a game of DC:Barbarossa but I plan on slipping in time on the new Victory and Glory:Napoleon and maybe a bit of Civ V as well.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: JasonPratt on March 18, 2016, 09:04:25 AM
Come to think of it, I may try to finish the quasi-Ghostbusters 3 movie game this weekend.

Thanks to which this seems relevant.  8)



(Agree with Rayfer, btw -- hoarse screaming of lyrics =  :buck2: Epic music tho.)

Started Ryse: Son of Rome earlier this week while waiting for Steam to stop spazzing out.

DC3:Barbroast with Barth. I doubt, this being Barbarossa, I'll ever get to a point where I can nickname it "Bartharoast", but I can dream.

Presumably XCOM2 match(es) with Windy, since now we have Steam connections I think...?

Updating my sllllooowwwwwly developing Fortresscraft Evolved AAR with what I've been doing since last weekend.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Gusington on March 18, 2016, 09:10:07 AM
Continuing with my TW Age of Charlemagne campaign as the Danes. I hold most of northern Germany and with that solid economic base will burn my way through England, Wales and Scotland. Really fun campaign...perhaps my 2nd favorite TW campaign evah.

May also play some Ryse and perhaps some Grand Ages: Medieval.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Cyrano on March 18, 2016, 09:45:15 AM
Boggit, Doug, and I have begun a PBEM of HPS Sicily...I am a Wehrmacht speed bump and likely to remain so.  I'm also having an awful time re-adjusting my head to this scale.

CM:RT and CM:BN PBEM

PzB: Kursk PBEM...wonderful system this

CS:ME Tourney PBEM

Gallipoli 6 PBEM vs. Boggit...no one liked being at Gallipoli...no freaking one...

Battlefleet: Gothic

And my son has been getting into Space Marine so I will have to take a chainsword to him...



Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Tuna on March 18, 2016, 09:47:27 AM
Lots of World of Warships.. Maybe reinstall FSX to see if my new MB/CPU helps fps. Probably some Civ V or Civ IV mp to be continued..
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Sir Slash on March 18, 2016, 10:07:00 AM
Continuing to give the AI a good laugh in CMFI at my piss-poor tactical efforts and trying to find out what's hiding under my stronghold in PoE. But first it's Spring Training Baseball with my Son-In-Law.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Hancock on March 18, 2016, 10:16:28 AM
Quote from: Tuna on March 18, 2016, 09:47:27 AM
Lots of World of Warships.. Maybe reinstall FSX to see if my new MB/CPU helps fps. Probably some Civ V or Civ IV mp to be continued..

World of Warships, maybe not lots, but I'll look for you to div up.  Well into my first single player Civ V, prophets and missionaries proselytizing my unique form of Hanockianism 8).  Kicked off a second game (Alexander, love the greeks) to test whether I learned anything the first time.  Think I'm ready to try the MP thing if you are game.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: -budd- on March 18, 2016, 10:24:31 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 18, 2016, 07:04:16 AM
No yardwork up here yet... although I can actually see the yard now.  :D

More VASSAL work.
PBEM with Jason in DC3.
Try to hook up with MD and Tuna for some Civ IV MP.
I've got a PBF game of Ace of Aces going over at BGG. We're using the intermediate rules that include altitude and ammo. First time I've played with those rules. Good stuff.  O0
Learn Plan Orange so SDR and I can have a go.

Final disassembly of the head for my Miata's motor so I can take it to someone to do a proper valve job on it.

More drooling over Stellaris videos....  :D

Yea you kinda left us hanging on that....questions must be answered.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: MengJiao on March 18, 2016, 10:57:18 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 18, 2016, 09:10:07 AM
Continuing with my TW Age of Charlemagne campaign as the Danes. I hold most of northern Germany and with that solid economic base will burn my way through England, Wales and Scotland. Really fun campaign...perhaps my 2nd favorite TW campaign evah.

May also play some Ryse and perhaps some Grand Ages: Medieval.

I might play some TW Age of Charlemagne.  As Mercia and Mr. Offa, I got the Lady Godiva mod.  Nobody sees her, but there she is: hair and near sainthood in your neighborhood.

PLUS definitely some ARMA III -- I'm playing in the mountains of Takistan.  I had a weird experience in the mountains of North Carolina this morning -- I did a full paperdoll reconstruction on one ARMA dude last night and then when I went to get coffee this morning -- there he was in the parking lot -- I says to myself -- I know that guy from somewhere -- and then I realized he looked like an ARMA person dressed up my me.  Very odd.

PLUS maybe some CMANO and Atlantic Fleet!
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Cyrano on March 18, 2016, 11:05:27 AM
+1 Budd on the PBEM business...

The wily man from the land of maple syrup and excessive courtesy posed a tense question and has left us waiting the answer!!
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: JasonPratt on March 18, 2016, 12:08:31 PM
I'm glad my public self-sacrifice has led to the entertainment value of generating burning questions that demand to be answered!  :buck2: >:D :D
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Barthheart on March 18, 2016, 12:45:39 PM
Well... I did actually answer the question... I just haven't acted on the answer yet and shown the results....  ^-^
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Wolfe1759 on March 18, 2016, 01:24:40 PM
Victory & Glory Napoleon and probably some more Warlock 2 and a bit of Van Helsing: Final Cut assuming that Grim Dawn is still freezing and crashing.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Crossroads on March 18, 2016, 01:45:06 PM
Thun.. err Fridaystruck is such a classic. Heaven as far as I am concerned is a place of eternal sunshine, soft grass, and Neil Young and Crazy Horse jamming where each Neil's guitar solo lasts three lifetimes  O:-)  But these lads are welcome to drop in anytime  :smitten:

This weekend I will go fully analog as LnL's Dawn's Early Light finally arrived! In addition, need to get to post my next CS Middle East DAR too.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: KyzBP on March 18, 2016, 03:36:08 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with AC/DC.  They're my 7 yo son's favorite band and I had nothing to do with it. O:-)

The never possibly soon ending WiTP:AE PBEM with UCG continues.  Geek has me on the ropes.

After that it will be some XCOM Long War, Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 16, and probably some FM16.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 18, 2016, 03:49:44 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 18, 2016, 07:04:16 AM

Learn Plan Orange so SDR and I can have a go.



I'm ready (and by ready I mean completely unprepared with only a vague grasp of the rules.)  Let's do this!

Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Kushan on March 18, 2016, 04:11:44 PM
I sign for my new house tomorrow morning. Can start moving in Tuesday. So I'm going to be playing a game called Packing with the "Where did all this stuff come" from and "Seriously how did one person collect all this junk" DLCs...

As for real gaming, its probably going to be all CMANO for me this weekend. No other game is really calling out to me right now. New v1.11 RC was released today and I want to play around with it. I'm currently working on two new scenarios and been brainstorming some ideas for 2 more when these are done.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Toonces on March 18, 2016, 05:30:21 PM
^ I am just now jumping into CMANO, despite owning it for quite a while now...2 or 3 years?

What a fantastic bundle of joy this game is.  I think it's amazing the tools we as gamers have at our fingertips sometimes.  Truly a subject for its own thread...

I'd also like to continue with IL-2 with the CUP mod, which is friggin' fantastic, and maybe some BMS Falcon 4.0.  I've been doing a lot of naval warfare at work, and it's got me in that total mood to blow things up on my off time after talking about it all day.   :buck2:
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: TacticalWargames on March 18, 2016, 07:13:33 PM
Lots of Muis front
Some Combat Mission (which one depends on mood, most likely CMBN giving the East front some time off after Muis front)
Running with Rifles  (It's great little game)
Maybe a touch of Project Zomboid
Oh and a small chance of IL2BoS.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Moreb on March 18, 2016, 07:30:15 PM
First post in a Friday thread as I just got my tuberculosis shot. Should be relatively safe.

Gonna play some

Graviteam Tactics (my vanity game)
Tigers on the Hunt  (my diamond in the rough game)
Heroes of Normandie (my newly rediscovered and seldom played game)
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: MetalDog on March 18, 2016, 07:40:14 PM
See?  That wasn't so bad, was it?
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Moreb on March 18, 2016, 07:47:30 PM
It wasn't a horrible experience.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: ghostryder on March 18, 2016, 08:00:18 PM


Still going forward in my UFC game of World of Mixed Martial Arts 4-- now to 1995

Playing some Stardrive2 with the DLC...honestly see little difference other than the hexes-- I see no difference in the ground combat though the DLC claims this is improved--yet it remains to me the dumbest part of the game. Some new sector bonus's are apparant--but overall underwhelming.

Well, the good news is no one does Hendrix better than Hansen  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Moreb on March 18, 2016, 08:16:49 PM
That was quite awesome indeed.

He's like Alvin Bishop; He aint good looking but he sure can play. Definitely has the teeth for a protracted solo.

My contribution.
Faces-You're so rude

https://youtu.be/FaBQKqS51Xg?list=RDFaBQKqS51Xg

not sure how to post the video like you did.

Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: MetalDog on March 18, 2016, 08:23:05 PM
Just look for the YouTube tab between the six sider and some button I can't rightly describe.  It'll give the HTML tabs.  Place the YouTube link and Voila!


Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: TacticalWargames on March 18, 2016, 08:27:58 PM



Listen to this..Hendrix on about twenty trips!
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Moreb on March 18, 2016, 08:36:24 PM
Testing. Testing. Check 1.2.3.Check

Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: MetalDog on March 18, 2016, 08:40:44 PM
 O0


Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Moreb on March 18, 2016, 08:57:34 PM
Good ole Dr. Albert Hoffman, the guy who 'discovered' LSD by accidentally ingesting some. His journal:

Last Friday, April 16,1943, I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated-like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.

Tries it again for further self experiment:

     4/19/43 16:20: 0.5 cc of 1/2 promil aqueous solution of diethylamide tartrate orally = 0.25 mg tartrate. Taken diluted with about 10 cc water. Tasteless.

    17:00: Beginning dizziness, feeling of anxiety, visual distortions, symptoms of paralysis, desire to laugh.

    Supplement of 4/21: Home by bicycle. From 18:00- ca.20:00 most severe crisis. (See special report.)

...........


    Here the notes in my laboratory journal cease. I was able to write the last words only with great effort. By now it was already clear to me that LSD had been the cause of the remarkable experience of the previous Friday, for the altered perceptions were of the same type as before, only much more intense. I had to struggle to speak intelligibly. I asked my laboratory assistant, who was informed of the self-experiment, to escort me home. We went by bicycle, no automobile being available because of wartime restrictions on their use. On the way home, my condition began to assume threatening forms. Everything in my field of vision wavered and was distorted as if seen in a curved mirror. I also had the sensation of being unable to move from the spot. Nevertheless, my assistant later told me that we had traveled very rapidly. Finally, we arrived at home safe and sound, and I was just barely capable of asking my companion to summon our family doctor and request milk from the neighbors.
    In spite of my delirious, bewildered condition, I had brief periods of clear and effective thinking—and chose milk as a nonspecific antidote for poisoning.
    The dizziness and sensation of fainting became so strong at times that I could no longer hold myself erect, and had to lie down on a sofa. My surroundings had now transformed themselves in more terrifying ways. Everything in the room spun around, and the familiar objects and pieces of furniture assumed grotesque, threatening forms. They were in continuous motion, animated, as if driven by an inner restlessness. The lady next door, whom I scarcely recognized, brought me milk—in the course of the evening I drank more than two liters. She was no longer Mrs. R., but rather a malevolent, insidious witch with a colored mask.
    Even worse than these demonic transformations of the outer world, were the alterations that I perceived in myself, in my inner being. Every exertion of my will, every attempt to put an end to the disintegration of the outer world and the dissolution of my ego, seemed to be wasted effort. A demon had invaded me, had taken possession of my body, mind, and soul. I jumped up and screamed, trying to free myself from him, but then sank down again and lay helpless on the sofa. The substance, with which I had wanted to experiment, had vanquished me. It was the demon that scornfully triumphed over my will. I was seized by the dreadful fear of going insane. I was taken to another world, another place, another time. My body seemed to be without sensation, lifeless, strange. Was I dying? Was this the transition? At times I believed myself to be outside my body, and then perceived clearly, as an outside observer, the complete tragedy of my situation. I had not even taken leave of my family (my wife, with our three children had traveled that day to visit her parents, in Lucerne). Would they ever understand that I had not experimented thoughtlessly, irresponsibly, but rather with the utmost caution, an-d that such a result was in no way foreseeable? My fear and despair intensified, not only because a young family should lose its father, but also because I dreaded leaving my chemical research work, which meant so much to me, unfinished in the midst of fruitful, promising development. Another reflection took shape, an idea full of bitter irony: if I was now forced to leave this world prematurely, it was because of this Iysergic acid diethylamide that I myself had brought forth into the world.
    By the time the doctor arrived, the climax of my despondent condition had already passed. My laboratory assistant informed him about my self-experiment, as I myself was not yet able to formulate a coherent sentence. He shook his head in perplexity, after my attempts to describe the mortal danger that threatened my body. He could detect no abnormal symptoms other than extremely dilated pupils. Pulse, blood pressure, breathing were all normal. He saw no reason to prescribe any medication. Instead he conveyed me to my bed and stood watch over me. Slowly I came back from a weird, unfamiliar world to reassuring everyday reality. The horror softened and gave way to a feeling of good fortune and gratitude, the more normal perceptions and thoughts returned, and I became more confident that the danger of insanity was conclusively past.
    Now, little by little I could begin to enjoy the unprecedented colors and plays of shapes that persisted behind my closed eyes. Kaleidoscopic, fantastic images surged in on me, alternating, variegated, opening and then closing themselves in circles and spirals, exploding in colored fountains, rearranging and hybridizing themselves in constant flux. It was particularly remarkable how every acoustic perception, such as the sound of a door handle or a passing automobile, became transformed into optical perceptions. Every sound generated a vividly changing image, with its own consistent form and color.
    Late in the evening my wife returned from Lucerne. Someone had informed her by telephone that I was suffering a mysterious breakdown. She had returned home at once, leaving the children behind with her parents. By now, I had recovered myself sufficiently to tell her what had happened.
    Exhausted, I then slept, to awake next morning refreshed, with a clear head, though still somewhat tired physically. A sensation of well-being and renewed life flowed through me. Breakfast tasted delicious and gave me extraordinary pleasure. When I later walked out into the garden, in which the sun shone now after a spring rain, everything glistened and sparkled in a fresh light. The world was as if newly created. All my senses vibrated in a condition of highest sensitivity, which persisted for the entire day.



WoW. One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Grim.Reaper on March 18, 2016, 09:24:04 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on March 18, 2016, 03:36:08 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with AC/DC.  They're my 7 yo son's favorite band and I had nothing to do with it. O:-)

The never possibly soon ending WiTP:AE PBEM with UCG continues.  Geek has me on the ropes.

After that it will be some XCOM Long War, Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 16, and probably some FM16.

Would be interested in your impressions on College Basketball...have the demo, but on the fence of buying do to my concerns with finding bugs later in the career...seems like in the forums, some have been found as usual...just hate getting far and walk into a career ending issue.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: TacticalWargames on March 18, 2016, 09:36:11 PM
Moreb..thankfully it was locked away and forgotten about through out WW2. Imagine Hitler poisoning water supplies etc..
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Boggit on March 18, 2016, 09:43:47 PM
PzC: Sicily with me as Brits and Panzerde as Yanks racing to Messina vs Cyrano (as the Axis)
Bloodbath Gallipoli aka Squad Battles: First World War Gallipoli campaign playing Cyrano
Pike and Shot Battle of Edgehill with Sauron
Field of Glory Ancients with IanC - continuing our Great Northern War with Ian as Swedes and me as the Danes, also Ian's fielding North African Vandal against my early Slavs.
Maybe get some single player CM, SB:SCW, and perhaps some AGEOD stuff done too if I get time (unlikely).
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Moreb on March 18, 2016, 10:00:57 PM
Funny. The above poster has a quote from Huxley who befriended Dr. Hoffman after the former became very interested in hallucinogenics. They formed a friendship that lasted until Huxley died of throat cancer.

tac. Yeah, it wasnt known outside the laboratory until after the war. It was used later on shell shocked soldiers producing varied results. Must have been Korean vets I guess. I remember seeing footage some years ago.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Arctic Blast on March 19, 2016, 01:05:53 AM
Hosting a game's night tomorrow. I've got 4 different kinds of bourbon, bitters, two kinds of moonshine, 30-odd beers, and enough chips, pretzels, ju jubes, chicken wings and sandwich fixings to feed a small nation. Oh, and games...we might get to those.  ;D
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: JudgeDredd on March 19, 2016, 01:38:46 AM
I have to be honest - I had to Google jujubes!
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Raied on March 19, 2016, 06:11:06 AM
I got two games and have to try them at least...
Victory & Glory: Napoleon
Assault on Arnhem

Oh and I got free key of Order of Battle: Pacific from wargamer.com (super thanks to them) :D
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2016, 06:37:15 AM
Quote from: Toonces on March 18, 2016, 05:30:21 PM

I've been doing a lot of naval warfare at work, and it's got me in that total mood to blow things up on my off time after talking about it all day.   :buck2:

Imagine that....naval warfare work in the navy. Who woulda thunk?
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Toonces on March 19, 2016, 10:18:10 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 19, 2016, 01:05:53 AM
Hosting a game's night tomorrow. I've got 4 different kinds of bourbon, bitters, two kinds of moonshine, 30-odd beers, and enough chips, pretzels, ju jubes, chicken wings and sandwich fixings to feed a small nation. Oh, and games...we might get to those.  ;D

Hot damn, that sounds like so much fun.  I don't think you're that far from me, can I come over?
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Toonces on March 19, 2016, 10:39:35 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2016, 06:37:15 AM


Imagine that....naval warfare work in the navy. Who woulda thunk?

LOL.  I know what you mean!
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Gusington on March 19, 2016, 05:11:47 PM
Arctic Blast for President!
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Sir Slash on March 19, 2016, 10:07:22 PM
I bet Artic's Game Nights are the best attended Game Nights on the Continent. Any Continent.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Boggit on March 20, 2016, 01:18:26 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 19, 2016, 01:05:53 AM
Hosting a game's night tomorrow. I've got 4 different kinds of bourbon, bitters, two kinds of moonshine, 30-odd beers, and enough chips, pretzels, ju jubes, chicken wings and sandwich fixings to feed a small nation. Oh, and games...we might get to those.  ;D
Sounds great. When do you want me round! ^-^ ;D
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: jamus34 on March 20, 2016, 05:38:52 AM
Not a whole lot of gaming going on next two weekends due to family obligations, however I have spent quality time with Factorio, and had a killer night Friday playing Heroes of the Storm with my cousin. Going to try to get some more time in today with Factorio, Stardew Valley and if I can get more than an hour block I might continue my WitP education.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Boggit on March 20, 2016, 03:20:38 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on March 20, 2016, 05:38:52 AM
Not a whole lot of gaming going on next two weekends due to family obligations, however I have spent quality time with Factorio, and had a killer night Friday playing Heroes of the Storm with my cousin. Going to try to get some more time in today with Factorio, Stardew Valley and if I can get more than an hour block I might continue my WitP education.
What did you think of Factorio? It was on my Steam queue last week IIRC.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: jamus34 on March 20, 2016, 07:00:02 PM
Loving it so far; even if I'm really not that good at it.

A good portion of the challenge lies in setting up effective and efficient production systems.

There is some survival aspects to it but there are apparently mods that allow you to completely turn it off. Currently I'm playing it vanilla and I started a new game turning off aggressive wildlife as I'm not good enough to build enough defenses for the constant attacks while also continuing to build my lines.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Arctic Blast on March 20, 2016, 11:37:57 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 19, 2016, 10:07:22 PM
I bet Artic's Game Nights are the best attended Game Nights on the Continent. Any Continent.

HA! 5 other people, actually, with 2 last minute cancellations. I've got limited space, so gatherings need to be limited. Otherwise, I'd REALLY throw down.  ;D
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: undercovergeek on March 21, 2016, 04:02:31 AM
I lost 4 hours of Sunday playing minecraft with junior - it's on creation mode so all resources are available and we just started building stuff and making underground dens with railways connecting them - totally brilliant and lost all track of time
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Toonces on March 21, 2016, 08:13:09 AM
I spent the entire weekend with CMANO only, mostly playing with the editor.  Now that I'm starting to get the hang of it, it is very clear that the folks that programmed this game really put some thought into it.  I find myself seeing layers of depth to the editor that aren't immediately apparent until you want to do something really clever...and to find that they thought of it and programmed it in there is pretty neat.

I don't think I've been this interested in an editor since I started working on Falcon 4 campaigns many years ago.  I have a lot of ideas....lots.  I hope I can implement some of them.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Sir Slash on March 21, 2016, 10:14:31 AM
Finally got around to upgrading CMBN to 3.0. Just in time to be left behind again by the Vehicle Pack, new DLC Campaign, and shortly CMFB.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: JasonPratt on March 21, 2016, 11:57:03 AM
In accordance with the prophecy, I played a DC3:Barbie turn against Barth -- which, wow, no spoilers but the game just took a potentially sharp turn in mid-August! And I got a week's update posted on my FortressCraft AAR, although I'm thinking of reducing the update rate even farther as it's such a slowly developing game it's hard for me to maintain interest in regular updates. (And if I'm not interested in it, why would any readers be??)

Mostly this weekend, though, when I could game, I worked my way through most of Ryse: Son of Rome -- started the final act (looping back around to the prologue act) before going to bed last night. It's a fun and gorgeous if oddly stuttery 3rd Person Cinematic Brawler. (By "oddly stuttery", I mean my system can clearly handle the specs but moving with any speed creates a sort of smooth jerky effect. It's weird.) As with many people around here, it makes me want to play another more strategic Rome game.  O:-)
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Barthheart on March 21, 2016, 12:41:25 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 21, 2016, 11:57:03 AM
In accordance with the prophecy, I played a DC3:Barbie turn against Barth -- which, wow, no spoilers but the game just took a potentially sharp turn in mid-August!
.....

Thought you might find that turn .... interesting.....  ;)
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Boggit on March 21, 2016, 08:19:21 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 21, 2016, 10:14:31 AM
Finally got around to upgrading CMBN to 3.0. Just in time to be left behind again by the Vehicle Pack, new DLC Campaign, and shortly CMFB.
I can thoroughly recommend the vehicle pack as it adds some really unusual and often very useful stuff into the mix. You will need it for Battle Pack 1, which I bought over the weekend. The BP1 looks good at first glance, but I haven't really had much chance to try it out yet, as too much other stuff is going on.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Boggit on March 21, 2016, 08:21:09 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 21, 2016, 04:02:31 AM
I lost 4 hours of Sunday playing minecraft with junior - it's on creation mode so all resources are available and we just started building stuff and making underground dens with railways connecting them - totally brilliant and lost all track of time
If junior likes Minecraft, then check out Fortresscraft evolved. My two love it and the laggy problem seems to be fixed with the last update. O0
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: JasonPratt on March 22, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
To be fair, FCraftE is much more topically focused than Minecraft. This could be a plus or a minus.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Father Ted on March 22, 2016, 04:19:09 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 21, 2016, 04:02:31 AM
I lost 4 hours of Sunday playing minecraft with junior - it's on creation mode so all resources are available and we just started building stuff and making underground dens with railways connecting them - totally brilliant and lost all track of time

Great stuff - sounds more like a gain than a loss!  My herberts are 18 and 17 and they very occasionally deign to let the Old Man make a chump of himself in some game with them.  Our most recent effort was in Rocket League...
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Boggit on March 25, 2016, 12:10:07 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 22, 2016, 01:56:09 PM
To be fair, FCraftE is much more topically focused than Minecraft. This could be a plus or a minus.
That's true. My pair have both games so can pick whichever they want. FWIW, I think FCE is a far slicker presentation, although MC has so many mods to choose from. Even the Boss plays MC, although she hasn't woken up to FCE, which my daughter's quite good at.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Dimitris on March 27, 2016, 03:55:34 PM
Quote from: Toonces on March 21, 2016, 08:13:09 AM
I spent the entire weekend with CMANO only, mostly playing with the editor.  Now that I'm starting to get the hang of it, it is very clear that the folks that programmed this game really put some thought into it.  I find myself seeing layers of depth to the editor that aren't immediately apparent until you want to do something really clever...and to find that they thought of it and programmed it in there is pretty neat.

I don't think I've been this interested in an editor since I started working on Falcon 4 campaigns many years ago.  I have a lot of ideas....lots.  I hope I can implement some of them.

Thanks  :) There is some even better stuff on the way.
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2016, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 21, 2016, 10:14:31 AM
Finally got around to upgrading CMBN to 3.0. Just in time to be left behind again by the Vehicle Pack, new DLC Campaign, and shortly CMFB.

I almost pulled the trigger on this today too. Is it worth getting the upgrade?
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Boggit on March 27, 2016, 06:06:00 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2016, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 21, 2016, 10:14:31 AM
Finally got around to upgrading CMBN to 3.0. Just in time to be left behind again by the Vehicle Pack, new DLC Campaign, and shortly CMFB.

I almost pulled the trigger on this today too. Is it worth getting the upgrade?
In my opinion it is worth it for the $10.

There are loads of improvements and I found the tactical ai noticeably better with troops reacting in combat more realistically. Now tanks really do need an infantry escort in close environments as they are blind as bat, slightly less so if the commander is exposed, but they tend to get hit in close proximity to enemy infantry.

Of course, I'd have really loved a "campaign" overlay a la Achtung Panzer for campaign battles, but I guess we won't see that anytime soon. :'(
Title: Re: FRIDAYstruck
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2016, 06:30:41 PM
Quote from: Boggit on March 27, 2016, 06:06:00 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2016, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 21, 2016, 10:14:31 AM
Finally got around to upgrading CMBN to 3.0. Just in time to be left behind again by the Vehicle Pack, new DLC Campaign, and shortly CMFB.

I almost pulled the trigger on this today too. Is it worth getting the upgrade?
In my opinion it is worth it for the $10.

There are loads of improvements and I found the tactical ai noticeably better with troops reacting in combat more realistically. Now tanks really do need an infantry escort in close environments as they are blind as bat, slightly less so if the commander is exposed, but they tend to get hit in close proximity to enemy infantry.

Of course, I'd have really loved a "campaign" overlay a la Achtung Panzer for campaign battles, but I guess we won't see that anytime soon. :'(

Thanks. I'll probably pick it up.

You still play Achtung Panzer, at all? I have it, but never really got into it.
  Nevermind, I thought you meant Panzer Command: Ostfront.