GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Dammit Carl! on November 18, 2016, 04:20:07 AM

Title: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 18, 2016, 04:20:07 AM


Jesus, the opening bass line in this and the rhythm of the song has been stuck in my head for two weeks now easy.  Love it.

At any rate, don't have much going on my end as I'm still out of town...stuck with old-school Red Orchestra as well as any Darkest Hour I can get in as well until I get back to my home rig.

Be glad to get back to the homestead in a few days for sure; miss the wife, kids and dogs and I'm tired of hotel beds.

Stay safe all, and have a good weekend!

p.s. Oh hell yes!  This video version's bass is so much more chunkier!   :bd:
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2016, 04:41:55 AM
Video won't play unless you go to Youtube. I think that's a VEVO thing. I've had it happen before

There won't be alot of gaming this weekend because Saturday is all rugby. 6 games to watch. Italy v South Africa, England v Fiji, Wales v Japan, Scotland v Argentina, Ireland v New Zealand and France v Australia

DC:Barbarossa - after a discussion kicked off somewhere, I thought I should check this out...reading the manual is pleasure enough.
F1 2016 - Baku in Azerbaijan is calling...might stick a practice session in, see if I can get a half decent time on the circuit
Call of Duty:Infinite Warfare - very much enjoying the campaign so far...enough so to keep me away from the remastered Modern Warfare for the moment and Titanfall 2

I might finish my boardgame ARR (or just pack it up for the moment) - I've been having a real itching to get back to my modelling, and I can't have nboth out...so the boardgame thing may have to take a back seat for the time being. I haven't done any modelling since May!!

I should clarify - SCALE modelling - I don't want you lot looking for a calendar with me on it firing as hose at some scantily clad ladies - now that's created some images you won't be able to get rid of soon >:D


Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 18, 2016, 04:57:19 AM
Hunh.  Video works for me.  Let me try and rework it.

Sorry 'bout that.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2016, 05:04:26 AM
NP...thought I should let you know.

Sorted   :clap:

Enjoyed it, btw.

I like Friday threads because you get to hear songs you might never have come across...and they spark interest when someone mentions a game you don't have or haven't played ina  while
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: MengJiao on November 18, 2016, 06:17:22 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 18, 2016, 04:57:19 AM
Hunh.  Video works for me.  Let me try and rework it.

Sorry 'bout that.

  Probably some more Attila: Age of Charlemagne
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: undercovergeek on November 18, 2016, 06:32:18 AM
I have a rare commitmentless weekend - there will be cinema, maybe arrival, maybe some weepy lighthouse tosh depending on how much 'payback' I desire

I have an urge to finish my vanilla dwarf campaign in warhammer so I can download the mod discussed over there in the tww thread and try the empire again before I crumble for the wood elves dlc

It's 1850 in my civ 6 game, it's very close at the top, if I need to hamstring an opponent I have enough firepower to steal a city or 2 but there is an unmet player who is 2/3 of the way to a religious victory, so he needs a visit from uncle Pericles and then I shall unleash the Greek airforce and bomb Saudi Arabia flat because he likes that kind of thing

Having been seduced by knights of honour I might download that and battle with the ultimate mod but all the rave reviews seem to be pointing at the unmoderated game anyway so no harm if it doesn't work

And maybe set up a new game of stellaris

And start carving my wooden spoon for JD
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Anguille on November 18, 2016, 06:56:24 AM
Must be hard to play with these masks on....hard to breath and hard to see where you put your fingers!

I have different games i want to play (also new games like Ultimate General or Pre-History Egypt).

I will however mostly play:

- Civilization V: i have to games going on (Japan on a wolrd map and Rome on an Europe map)....really don't see why i should by Civiliization VI...CIV V is really great.
- Master of Orion CtS, continue my campaign as the Mrsshan. I knew it was very much inspired by CIV V but now that i finally play CIV V, i see so many things have just been copied (like the need for Embassies etc.). Anyway...this makes it very easy to go from to the other.
- Knights of Honor with the ultimate mode...didn't play this much in the last few years but this mod will give it a new life for me. Don't know yet what faction i am going to play.

As usual, i guess i'll play some other things too.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2016, 07:15:35 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 18, 2016, 06:32:18 AM
I have a rare commitmentless weekend - there will be cinema, maybe arrival, maybe some weepy lighthouse tosh depending on how much 'payback' I desire

I have an urge to finish my vanilla dwarf campaign in warhammer so I can download the mod discussed over there in the tww thread and try the empire again before I crumble for the wood elves dlc

It's 1850 in my civ 6 game, it's very close at the top, if I need to hamstring an opponent I have enough firepower to steal a city or 2 but there is an unmet player who is 2/3 of the way to a religious victory, so he needs a visit from uncle Pericles and then I shall unleash the Greek airforce and bomb Saudi Arabia flat because he likes that kind of thing

Having been seduced by knights of honour I might download that and battle with the ultimate mod but all the rave reviews seem to be pointing at the unmoderated game anyway so no harm if it doesn't work

And maybe set up a new game of stellaris

And start carving my wooden spoon for JD

Let us know what you think about Arrival. I saw it on opening day. Found it very enjoyable. Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner were both fantastic.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: mirth on November 18, 2016, 07:22:51 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2016, 07:15:35 AM
Let us know what you think about Arrival. I saw it on opening day. Found it very enjoyable. Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner were both fantastic.

I've heard only good things about it from people who have seen it. Nice to have some for real sci-fi in theaters. Feels retro.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2016, 08:08:22 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 18, 2016, 06:32:18 AM
...
And start carving my wooden spoon for JD
'cos what? I don't have enough?  :knuppel2:

1 point...1 stinking point we lost against the Aussies!
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 08:10:51 AM
Turning 48 today, so with work and celebrating wont get much gaming in today.  But the rest of the weekend should get some in.

BarthHeart and I will keep slugging it out with Flashpoint Red Storm PBEM game.

Thinking maybe some more Darkest Hour, Crusdader Kings II and maybe try to get back into Cities:Skylines.   
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2016, 08:13:35 AM
hApPy bIrThDaY OJ  \m/

And My daughter and wife went to see Arrival and said it was very good...and neither of them are much into sci-fi
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: mirth on November 18, 2016, 08:16:40 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 08:10:51 AM
Turning 48 today, so with work and celebrating wont get much gaming in today.

Happy Birthday, man!
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 08:17:51 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2016, 08:13:35 AM
hApPy bIrThDaY OJ  \m/

And My daughter and wife went to see Arrival and said it was very good...and neither of them are much into sci-fi

Thanks JD.

Is Arrival a reboot of Epoch: Evolution?
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2016, 08:23:52 AM
I don't know - I never saw it.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Tuna on November 18, 2016, 08:24:42 AM
Happy Birthday OJ's Dad..
Do some flying.. IL2 BoS.. DCS (if they patch the mouse issue).. World of Warships.. Got back into Ultimate General Gettysburg (because of all the UG talk).. Funny seems harder now than the first time I bought it. I've lost as the Rebels twice since starting up again. I'm on my 3rd run, and doing better, 3 battles in.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Bison on November 18, 2016, 08:27:47 AM
I'm planning on a marathon session of watching Robotech season 1 on Netflix.  D&D tomorrow and hopefully setting up US Civil War for a solo play through.

Happy Birthday OJ.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: -budd- on November 18, 2016, 08:28:36 AM
Happy birthday OJ,
I turned 48 a few months ago, it's not so bad  :bd:, hope you have a good one.
For gaming, I have 4 pbem turns waiting for me in CSME, in 2 I'm doing OK, 1 jury still out and the other I'm getting killed. Got back into playing a bit of Tigers on the Hunt, there so many scenarios to choose from, thx modders. Been following the chess world championship so I loaded up my chess learning software and chessmaster 10 for some chess fun and thinking about getting strategic war in Europe so might be learning that.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Barthheart on November 18, 2016, 08:42:46 AM
Happy Birthday OJsDad... no one should have to work on their birthday though....

Little bit a winter prep work left on the cars. Putting the snow fence around the pol to keep the dog from going on that patch of the backyard when it's covers in snow.

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm PBEM with OJsDad... my Soviet air if finally giving me a slight edge.
Plan Orange PBEM with SDR... wild swing in the other direction with our re-do... still not sure I like this game... seems really dependant on luck....

Play testing LnLP's Solo module for the Lock 'n Load Tactical system. Looks good so far.  :bd:

Trying out the new patch for Civ VI.

Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: FlickJax on November 18, 2016, 08:53:54 AM
Happy Birthday sir, I am another who turned 48 this year!!

Can't make my mind up on what I want to play, too many I haven't started yet and lots I haven't given enough time too.

Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: jamus34 on November 18, 2016, 08:59:12 AM
Hmm need to rake, prep master bedroom for painting and try to pull off a wall to find something that died behind it.

Plus I have season 6 of game of thrones I need to rip through in a week tops.

Will probably concentrate on Witcher 3 and Stellaris / HOI4
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: bbmike on November 18, 2016, 08:59:39 AM
Happy Birthday OJ's Dad!  <:-)
I was going to play something other than Civ6 but since a new, huge patch just dropped...
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: BigBlueFleet on November 18, 2016, 09:02:42 AM
Playing WITE and some NHL 2004 Rebuilt after they just uploaded new mods!!
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Rayfer on November 18, 2016, 09:22:29 AM
Still playing Fallout 4...level 24 and the main quest line is nearing an end (at least it seems that way, not really sure). I loved FO3 and FO New Vegas but FO4, IMHO, is the best of the three.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Sir Slash on November 18, 2016, 10:18:47 AM
I will add my-- Happy Birthday-- to OJ and mention that you and my Grandson have the same birthday. He's turning one today in fact so tomorrow, his Grandpa will introduce him to partying like it's 1999 at his very first B.D. party. Probably not much gaming though. Pillars of Eternity if I get the time. Have a good one Grogs.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Nefaro on November 18, 2016, 11:51:07 AM
DCS multi-player, since the fix is in.

Maybe some tabletop stuff in the next week.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: JasonPratt on November 18, 2016, 02:09:18 PM
Happy Birthday to OJD! -- some of us are Darkest Hour vets and would appreciate your comments on it. (...the Paradox game, not the Red Orchestra mod which has recently returned to the original Red Orchestra topic, to head off confusion.  >:D )

My birthday was Tuesday, and Dad's is coming up, so there were partial parties last weekend and this coming -- but I'll have to work tomorrow, too. And then do a party. Less gaming for me.  :buck2: Nice to have parties, tho!

Given I have free time, I will doubtless be continuing my Secret AAR Project, which should be coming up on 30 battles now. Possibly may have turned a corner or two (both figuratively and literally), but everything could easily still go straight to heck if the AI lucks up enough in its strategic meandering. (I'm fighting along with one AI teammate, who should have been destroyed long ago and continues to struggle on thanks to my selfless efforts, against three AI teammates who at this point are mostly focused on cracking my defensive anchors.)
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Nefaro on November 18, 2016, 03:22:26 PM
For some single-player, I also started dipping back into Total War: Attila since I got the Charlemagne DLC on sale awhile back & still haven't tried it.

Although I tend to do single-player games on my laptop more, and it's wimpy video card doesn't do it justice.   :hide:
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Toonces on November 18, 2016, 04:25:41 PM
Ok, too much to reply to!

1.  I'm looking at booting up some Scourge of War: Gettysburg sandbox action, also have this weird feeling that maybe I should take another look at Witcher 3.  Oh, and maybe I'll install Knights of Honor?

2.  @ OJD: Happy Birthday!  At first I was all like, "48?  Damn he's kinda old."  Then I realized I turn 46 in a month and I was all like, "Dammmmmn, I'm old!"

3.  @ Bison: VG's Civil War?  I might be into buying a copy if you want to do PBEM/Vassal.  I've always wanted to pick it up.

4.  I can't remember now.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: CJReich46 on November 18, 2016, 04:35:00 PM
Well...

The  "silly season" :idiot2:  begins next week so I'm working this weekend just home by Noon. Although my forecast is I have OFF NEXT SATURDAY!!!! :)

I am still playing Age of Wonders III, loving it. I have been playing a random map, I started one earlier this week and have been going back and forth a little. Yes I know about the DLCs, I will probably grab them on the inevitable Steam Sale!   ::) or GOG.com which ever comes first.

Baldur's Gate :EE is paused for now.  I have been thinking about getting Ganesha Games' Four Against Darkness, it's a great little solo dungeon crawler system.  Cheap too, and they added an Arthurian Grail quest to it recently.



Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 05:03:42 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 18, 2016, 04:25:41 PM
2.  @ OJD: Happy Birthday!  At first I was all like, "48?  Damn he's kinda old."  Then I realized I turn 46 in a month and I was all like, "Dammmmmn, I'm old!"

:DD
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 18, 2016, 05:08:51 PM
Happy b-day, OJD!

My Friday has been kinda shite...was supposed to start at a new crossfit place nearby but I screwed things up (as usual). We're gonna be starting tomorrow thankfully...and my son is doing this with me, so I guess Saturday will be good.

No idea what I'm going to play, if anything...I might as well get back to work now that I'm home, but might try the public beta of American Truck Simulator, possibly Grim Dawn, maybe Wasteland 2. Oh yeah...and work, especially GH work.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: bbmike on November 18, 2016, 05:11:01 PM
Crossfit. Is that the new fried chicken place I've been hearing about?  :nerd:
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 05:25:56 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 18, 2016, 08:42:46 AM
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm PBEM with OJsDad... my Soviet air if finally giving me a slight edge.

:tickedoff:

Some dang scenario designer didn't provide me with any AA!!!    :pullhair: (not that I got much to lose)

Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 05:28:13 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on November 18, 2016, 02:09:18 PM
Happy Birthday to OJD! -- some of us are Darkest Hour vets and would appreciate your comments on it. (...the Paradox game, not the Red Orchestra mod which has recently returned to the original Red Orchestra topic, to head off confusion.  >:D )

Really enjoying it.  Especially with The Grand Campaign mod, which just got updated this week.  I think I enjoy the HOI2 design better than HOI3 design. 

Quote
My birthday was Tuesday, and Dad's is coming up, so there were partial parties last weekend and this coming -- but I'll have to work tomorrow, too. And then do a party. Less gaming for me.  :buck2: Nice to have parties, tho!

Happy belated birthday!

Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 18, 2016, 05:47:53 PM
Sorry JP - missed that. Happy b-day. I think it's Bawb's b-day too and maybe his mustache's as well?
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 06:35:33 PM
I thought his mustache was a year older.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Tuna on November 18, 2016, 06:35:46 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 18, 2016, 05:47:53 PM
Sorry JP - missed that. Happy b-day. I think it's Bawb's b-day too and maybe his mustache's as well?

Was Bawb's stash born on the same day he was born?
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: WYBaugh on November 18, 2016, 06:37:44 PM
I really like the music and vocals of Ghost but just can't get past all of the satanic bit.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: MetalDog on November 18, 2016, 06:56:09 PM
bob still has a month or two before he turns another year older.  Happy birthday to OJsDad.  Hope it's a great one!  And JP, you and my GF share the same birthday!  Hope yours was happy. 

As for gaming, the inevitable Civ IV, solo and mp.  I'll spend most of Saturday at a buddy's house drinking beer, watching football and grilling out.  Then it's to the theater with my daughter to see Dr. Strange.  And if things work out, might do a double bill and catch the new J. K. Rowling offering, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Gusington on November 18, 2016, 07:21:27 PM
Happy birthday OJsDad and FLickJax!

MengJiao tell me all about your Age of Charlemagne campaign...it beckons to me.

WITCHER 3!!!!
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 18, 2016, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 18, 2016, 06:56:09 PM
bob still has a month or two before he turns another year older.  Happy birthday to OJsDad.  Hope it's a great one!  And JP, you and my GF share the same birthday!  Hope yours was happy. 

As for gaming, the inevitable Civ IV, solo and mp.  I'll spend most of Saturday at a buddy's house drinking beer, watching football and grilling out.  Then it's to the theater with my daughter to see Dr. Strange.  And if things work out, might do a double bill and catch the new J. K. Rowling offering, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

Bob's isn't today? Well, FB lies, then. Or he lied to FB. Somethin'.

Let us know how that new HP movie is, MD. I'm going to show MORE of my slip and say I've been thinking of re-reading the series.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Gusington on November 18, 2016, 07:58:34 PM
^ I too want to see Fantastic Beasts.

Saw Arrival last week and it was kinda mind-blowing...it's a movie I think viewers have to see several times.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Bison on November 18, 2016, 08:00:56 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 18, 2016, 04:25:41 PM

3.  @ Bison: VG's Civil War?  I might be into buying a copy if you want to do PBEM/Vassal.  I've always wanted to pick it up.


GMT's Civil War.  Beautiful game, which I'm still learning the rules.  I'd be up for a PBEM at some point in the future though.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: MetalDog on November 18, 2016, 08:06:17 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 18, 2016, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 18, 2016, 06:56:09 PM
bob still has a month or two before he turns another year older.  Happy birthday to OJsDad.  Hope it's a great one!  And JP, you and my GF share the same birthday!  Hope yours was happy. 

As for gaming, the inevitable Civ IV, solo and mp.  I'll spend most of Saturday at a buddy's house drinking beer, watching football and grilling out.  Then it's to the theater with my daughter to see Dr. Strange.  And if things work out, might do a double bill and catch the new J. K. Rowling offering, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

Bob's isn't today? Well, FB lies, then. Or he lied to FB. Somethin'.

Let us know how that new HP movie is, MD. I'm going to show MORE of my slip and say I've been thinking of re-reading the series.

I won't swear to it, B_C.  Going by my very un-scientific remembering that bob is a Capricorn and that is late December and most of January.  The HP movie will depend on two things:

1) funds

2) the GF

If I go, I'll be sure to tell.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 18, 2016, 08:26:58 PM
Funds are my issue, too...still want to see Doctor Strange, too.

One of the guys at our work meeting was saying Bryan Cranston and The Infiltrator were fantastic movies; I'd not seen it nor heard of it.

Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: KyzBP on November 18, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
Happy Birthday, fellow Ohioan! (Is that even a thing?)

Kids birthday parties on Saturday (neither of them are in their 40's).

Football on Sunday.  I'll find some time to play something, hopefully. :-\
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Martok on November 19, 2016, 02:44:38 PM
A belated Happy 48th to OJ'sDad! :)  Hope it was good. 


Thus far, I've been too dang busy to get any gaming done this weekend, and tomorrow isn't looking very promising either.  I've found myself playing a fair amount of StarDrive 2 (with the AI Improvement Mod) the last few days (as a customized Chukk race), so on the off-chance I end up having any free time between now and tomorrow night, will probably continue playing that. 
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Wolfe1759 on November 19, 2016, 02:52:48 PM
So far it has been mainly Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe for me; hexes, the ability to have AI controlled nations within your side and dynamic movement are really nice additions to the series (yes there were hexes in SC1). Playing a bit of Titans Quest as well.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Moreb on November 19, 2016, 03:14:43 PM
I'm playing Caulk and Paint 2016 Deluxe Edition. Hard to hide my enthusiasm. :-\
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: OJsDad on November 19, 2016, 03:19:32 PM
Thanks for all of the well wishes for my B-Day!!

Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 19, 2016, 04:17:16 PM
Quote from: Moreb on November 19, 2016, 03:14:43 PM
I'm playing Caulk and Paint 2016 Deluxe Edition. Hard to hide my enthusiasm. :-\
:DD

This is a good one.  Going to steal this phrase for sure.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Gusington on November 19, 2016, 05:26:28 PM
Like Martok I have not had a weekend until now. So I am sauced up on some cider and am going to fire up Witcher 3.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Moreb on November 19, 2016, 05:31:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2016, 05:26:28 PM
Like Martok I have not had a weekend until now. So I am sauced up on some cider and am going to fire up Witcher 3.

I think I may actually have a drink myself. It's been a while. I have a gallon of sour mash in the deep freezer. Might have to crack it open.

Oh. And a Happy Birthday OJD
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Gusington on November 19, 2016, 05:36:14 PM
Here's to OJsDad and Flickjax.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: MengJiao on November 19, 2016, 08:33:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2016, 07:21:27 PM
Happy birthday OJsDad and FLickJax!

MengJiao tell me all about your Age of Charlemagne campaign...it beckons to me.

WITCHER 3!!!!

   I running the Lombards.  So far they are doing a lot better than the Avars.  I'll put up more pictures if anything interesting happens.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: nelmsm on November 19, 2016, 08:47:25 PM
When I have time trying to keep up with all PBEM games I have going, 10 or 11 I think. If I get caught up than its going to be Flaspoint Campaign or EUIV.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Gusington on November 19, 2016, 09:13:13 PM
Meng I plan on playing the Lombards too in Charlemagne. They look a like a fascinating faction.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: MengJiao on November 20, 2016, 08:50:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2016, 09:13:13 PM
Meng I plan on playing the Lombards too in Charlemagne. They look a like a fascinating faction.

  The location is pretty ideal anyway and they have a good assortment of troops.  I took Rome and now I'm in very bad diplomatic shape with everyone -- even the Avars (who worship cosmic trees).  But that will go away when the current King dies.
I'll prop him in the saddle and send him alone amongst the Byzantines in southern Italy. 

Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Gusington on November 20, 2016, 10:16:30 PM
Weekend at Bernie Lombard's?

I imagine when the cosmic tree huggers hate you, that could be the beginning of the end.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Nefaro on November 20, 2016, 10:32:22 PM
Tuna, DOW-Cougar, 2ndACR, and I had a long weekend of World Of Warships.   <:-)

Much tonnage was sunk, and cursing had.  :cowboy:
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Tuna on November 21, 2016, 07:38:13 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 20, 2016, 10:32:22 PM
Tuna, DOW-Cougar, 2ndACR, and I had a long weekend of World Of Warships.   <:-)

Much tonnage was sunk, and cursing had.  :cowboy:

Yep, tried DCS Friday night and couldn't get into the server Nef was on (kept hanging my System).. World of Warships came to the rescue!

Saturday a few attempts  at Scourge Waterloo didn't go well (though they successfully got it running once I left).. World of Warships to the rescue!

I must be the problem, but World of Warships don't care, I'm always welcome there!
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Nefaro on November 21, 2016, 07:46:20 AM
Quote from: Tuna on November 21, 2016, 07:38:13 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 20, 2016, 10:32:22 PM
Tuna, DOW-Cougar, 2ndACR, and I had a long weekend of World Of Warships.   <:-)

Much tonnage was sunk, and cursing had.  :cowboy:

Yep, tried DCS Friday night and couldn't get into the server Nef was on (kept hanging my System).. World of Warships came to the rescue!

Saturday a few attempts  at Scourge Waterloo didn't go well (though they successfully got it running once I left).. World of Warships to the rescue!

I must be the problem, but World of Warships don't care, I'm always welcome there!


When did someone put the curse on you, Tuna?   

Witchcraft most foul is afoot!  :))
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: MengJiao on November 21, 2016, 08:40:53 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2016, 10:16:30 PM
Weekend at Bernie Lombard's?

I imagine when the cosmic tree huggers hate you, that could be the beginning of the end.

  I played the Avars for a bit a while ago and they have so many problems that its hard to imagine they are a big danger.
Now the Byzantines or the Franks could be another story.  How they will hate Derserdius all the more when they find he
is dead.  How hard can it be to get your leader killed off?  Sure, he'll head straight for Purgatory, but technically, he will be
out of the game for good.
Title: Re: From the FRIDAY to the Pit!
Post by: Gusington on November 21, 2016, 09:45:11 PM
Until he shows up in Warhammer: TW.