Just thought I'd let anyone interested know.
WiF @ 50% off would be cool ;D
I'm looking forward to it as usual. I just went through the games Matrixgames released in 2013 (not including the re-released Ageod games) and the list is quite impressive, but unfortunately I doubt we'll see any of these on the sale:
- Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel
- Pandora First Contact
- World in Flames
- Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
- AJE: Parthian Wars
- Fantasy Kommander-Eukarion Wars
- Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm
- Espana 1936
- Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
- Civil War II
- Battle Academy - Rommel in Normandy
- Germany at War: Operation Barbarossa 1941
- Scourge of War Gettysburg 150th Anniversary Collection
- Scourge of War: Brandy Station
- Command Ops: Battles for Greece
- Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions
- Panzer Corps Allied Corps
- AJE: The Cantabrian Wars - 29BC
- AJE: The Spartacus Revolt 73 BC
- Distant Worlds: Shadows
- Gary Grigsbys War in the East: Lost Battles
- Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 1939-1945 mega pack
- Battle Academy - Operation Husky
- Panzer Corps Grand Campaign 45 West
- Unity of Command:Red Turn
- AJE: Birth of Rome
..but I won't be upset if Erik and company prove me wrong ;)
I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the AGE games on sale, if the AGEOD guys have any say. Perhaps AJE and/or BOR? I need to get the latest expansion sometime. ;)
I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the earlier Scourge of War stuff is in.
Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.
Quote from: tgb on November 20, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.
That makes it easy then.
Too bad. I was hoping to pick up a copy of Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm. Already spent my wargaming budget this year otherwise.
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy. :)
OK even though Battle Academy won't be in the sale (or at least the latest release)...is there a mega pack for it?
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy. :)
+1....and Chancellorsville too!
Quote from: Rayfer on November 20, 2013, 09:57:01 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy. :)
+1....and Chancellorsville too!
Chancellorsville is a great expansion. Bought it earlier this year. Love all the trees! :D
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 10:15:38 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 20, 2013, 09:57:01 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy. :)
+1....and Chancellorsville too!
Chancellorsville is a great expansion. Bought it earlier this year. Love all the trees! :D
I'm still playing through the Antietam scenarios and have really enjoyed them. I really should get Chancy too.
I'm taking a break from games from there anyway. They haven't released anything I'm much interested in of late (lite wargames?) and anything I was interested in had my enthusiasm squashed by the price. Seems I'm being priced out the niche market :D
Quote from: tgb on November 20, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.
Where did he state that? You'll likely know better than I as I hardly frequent there anymore - but that's a turn in policy...their previous sales often included sales on games released that year. As an example Command:Battles for the Bulge was on sale on release year.
Perhaps they based it on how well they sold on release (what's the point in having a new release sitting there making 100 sales when it could sell more in a sale)?
Also I believe they held onto items they had only just released to make sure people KNOW their policy that they won't be in the sale...that way anyone waiting on the sale for a game they wanted that was released in the last 3 (6?) months would know they would have to wait until the following year...therefore forcing the purchase on release.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 21, 2013, 01:57:46 AM
Quote from: tgb on November 20, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
Erik has stated that the sale will NOT include anything released this year.
Where did he state that?....
In this post (http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?44039-Grognard-Wargamer-Thread!&p=3482075&highlight=#post3482075).
"We don't typically put recently release games in the holiday sale FYI. It typically covers the entire catalog except for the games release within the last year."
^oh...never saw that.
But they have - I guess that's covered by the "typically".
Thx
They are taking their sweet time about it!!!
Quote from: RooksBailey on November 20, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
As long as Scourge of War: Antietam in on the list I'll be happy. :)
Ditto. I have the original Gettysberg, but haven't sprung for Antietam or Chancellorsville yet. If they make the Matrix sale, I'm all in.
Quote from: FlickJax on November 21, 2013, 10:52:28 AM
They are taking their sweet time about it!!!
Don't they usually wait til the week of Thanksgiving to begin their holiday sale?
Not according to this
Quote
We just want to inform you that since from the 21st of November we are going to run our Holiday's sale (more details coming soon), there won't be any Deal of the Week until the end of this special promotion. We are sure you will not be disappointed!
Thank you
The Team
in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/announcement.asp?id=41
Thanks JD.
(Note to self: Must actually read these things, not just skim...)
Quote from: FlickJax on November 21, 2013, 10:52:28 AM
They are taking their sweet time about it!!!
Last year's sale info was posted around ~4pm (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3217551) so we may have a couple hours yet to wait...
Well, it's already the 22nd here, so I guess the sale isn't coming anytime soon.
Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow they'll post some nice list of actually useful discounts :P
Erik likely had to run it up the flag pole with the folks at Slitherine.
oh dear, must have missed it ;) shortest sale ever :)
The Happy Holidays banner is up again, after briefly appearing earlier on, so there might just have well been some technical problem.
Quote from: ComradeP on November 22, 2013, 02:47:02 AM
The Happy Holidays banner is up again, after briefly appearing earlier on, so there might just have well been some technical problem.
Where've you been?!
First time I see you post here in a long time :P
I've posted a couple of times recently, even started an AAR that turned into a bit of a dud (although I'll finish it in the weekend and early next week).
Edit: Iain just posted the sale will start on Monday as they were a bit too optimistic in terms of being able to change all of the prices by hand on time.
Here's Ian's post from the Matrix forums (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3468592&mpage=2�):
"Hi guys,
due to the sheer number of games we have now the task of updating the manually has become enormous. Its so big we've realized we cant do it by hand. We are working with Plimus to create an automated batch process to update the prices but this wont be available to run till next week. This means a short delay on the sale.
Sorry for any inconvenience guys."
It is timestamped 11/22/2013 3:54:37 AM.
lol
fraught with danger
You'd think they'd have thought of this before announcing the sale. :-\
Quote from: republic on November 22, 2013, 10:28:41 AM
You'd think they'd have thought of this before announcing the sale. :-\
They know what they're doing. They have the figures to back it up. When will you learn? :P
Seriously though...they have some great products, they have great customer service (apart from all the marketing "company line" BS that's crept in over the last few years) and
some great staff...but their purchasing system, whilst better than I recall it to be with DR, still requires some major effort on their part to provide that top quality service.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2013, 10:38:13 AM
Quote from: republic on November 22, 2013, 10:28:41 AM
You'd think they'd have thought of this before announcing the sale. :-\
They know what they're doing. They have the figures to back it up. When will you learn? :P
Seriously though...they have some great products, they have great customer service (apart from all the marketing "company line" BS that's crept in over the last few years) and some great staff...but their purchasing system, whilst better than I recall it to be with DR, still requires some major effort on their part to provide that top quality service.
dont forget their awesome reasoning for not providing demos
Quote from: Greybriar on November 22, 2013, 07:19:31 AM
Here's Ian's post from the Matrix forums (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3468592&mpage=2�):
"Hi guys,
due to the sheer number of games we have now the task of updating the manually has become enormous. Its so big we've realized we cant do it by hand. We are working with Plimus to create an automated batch process to update the prices but this wont be available to run till next week. This means a short delay on the sale.
Sorry for any inconvenience guys."
It is timestamped 11/22/2013 3:54:37 AM.
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,....
Well, they've not yet announced anything, but the prices seem to be down on some items (e.g. Panthers in the Fog for $26)...
...and its show time! Present...credit cards!
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1297/Holiday.Sale.all.the.way.with.Matrix.Games
Here is a link to the sale items/prices
http://www.slitherinebravo.net/pr/HolidaySale2013/MG_MG_SALES_HolidaySale2013_CatalogMG_01.pdf
hmmmph...no World at War! :(
It's up but, I'm not impressed!
http://www.slitherinebravo.net/pr/HolidaySale2013/MG_MG_SALES_HolidaySale2013_CatalogMG_01.pdf
- Still no Panzer Corp bundle.
- No Distant Worlds bundle.
- They aren't even matching the sale price of products that went on sale during the year (Advance Tactics Gold was $19.99 on sale before now it's $25.99) The same with Close Combat games, WITP AE and others. :-\
oops. I made a boo boo.
I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!
That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2013, 11:39:49 AM
oops. I made a boo boo.
I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!
That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!
Did you get the $52.99 + tax Download or the $67.99 + tax Boxed Edition of
War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition (http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351/details/War.in.the.Pacific.-.Admiral%27s.Edition)?
Download
But I've always bought download and always paid 20% on top...plus the final page has always told me that. I was fully expecting a final page with the price + tax which I normally get...and I didn't.
Oh well...I won't be using that "price checking" process again
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2013, 11:39:49 AM
oops. I made a boo boo.
I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!
That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!
ITS A RUSE!!!!!! dont believe him......................
hes now mentally spent the £50 by accident, its now only another £70 leap to WIF - hes paying in installments
I KNEW IT!!!!
Matrix has trained me well. If it is not on sale, wait a year and it will appear on sale.
Allied Corps - wait till next year.
Original Distant Worlds - welcome to my home.
Anyone played CC Panthers in the Fog?
PE
oh dear choices -
Option 1 - DC Case Blue
Option 2 - COH and COH Ghost
Option 3 - Gettysberg
Option 4 - Distant Worlds Shadows
Oh i just dont know......
lol - it really wasn't what I was expecting. I was likely going to pick it up - and it seems I may have got it VAT free anyway...so I'm not too put out...but still...the usual page didn't show
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2013, 11:39:49 AM
oops. I made a boo boo.
I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!
That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!
To be honest, if you're going to accidentally buy a wargame, that's a fine one to get. It's among the best wargames- if not THE best wargame- ever made IMO. You'll get years of enjoyment out of it.
Judge, I believe they recently changed the purchase screens. At least, the last time I bought something (which was fairly recent, Fantasy Kommander), it was also different from normal.
Contrary to what we were told, there are some 2013 titles on the list:
Distant Worlds: Shadows.
Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions.
History: Legends of War.
Birth of Rome.
Amusingly, UoC Red Turn isn't on sale even though it's a 2012 title and was only released in 2013 by Matrix because they close down for weeks around Christmas. That's still one of the two things I feel they can improve, communicating with the customer being the first as they tend to be slow when it comes to announcing new releases. Of the titles I bought when they were released, I think I bought most before they were officially announced as being available.
I have heard good things. It just depends on whether I have the staying power. I tend to look at those games and go "wtf am I meant to do here"!
As for my mess up - it was exactly that. It was a stupid system for checking the final price anyway - but one I had become accustomed to.
Oh well...let the games begin
Man, all that list does is show me that I've given Matrix way too much money over the years. :-) Mostly well-spent, though. I'd consider the SoW stuff, but the demo I found ran like crap on my system, even though it handles Skyrim with relative ease, and does fine with the CMx2 demos. Maybe the old demo isn't representative of how the game plays, but I'd rather find out before buying it.
Birth of Rome has me interested.
Anyone here try Revolution Under Siege. It sounds interesting.
To be fair, their customary broad Christmas sale was never going to be as deeply discounted as other sales previously this year.
Now to spend far too much money on games I will almost certainly never play...
Quote from: OJsDad on November 25, 2013, 03:18:36 PM
Anyone here try Revolution Under Siege. It sounds interesting.
Many people like it, although I haven't personally played it. I don't recall hearing anything negative against it. (I own a copy myself, just never have played it.)
PRODUCT NAME
NORMAL PRICE
SALE PRICE
YOU SAVE
DISCOUNT
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Across the Dnepr Second Edition
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
AI War Alien Bundle
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Alea Jacta Est
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Armada 2526
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Armada 2526 Supernova
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle Academy
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Battle Academy - Blitzkrieg France
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle Academy - Market Garden
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle Academy - Operation Sealion
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle of Britain II - Wings of Victory
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Battlefront
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Battles In Italy
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Battles in Normandy
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Birth of America
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Birth of America 2: Wars in America
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Birth of Rome
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Campaigns on the Danube 1805 + 1809
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Carriers at War
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Chariots of War
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: The Longest Day
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Combat Command: The Matrix Edition
$34,99
$22,99
$12,00
34%
Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Commander - Europe At War Gold
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Commander - Napoleon At War
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Commander - The Great War
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Crown of Glory: Emperors Edition
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Distant Worlds
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Distant Worlds - Legends
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Distant Worlds - Shadows
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Empires In Arms
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
Field of Glory
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Field of Glory - Decline and Fall
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Eternal Empire
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Immortal Fire
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Legions Triumphant
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Rise of Rome
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Storm of Arrows
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Swords and Scimitars
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
For Liberty!
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Forge of Freedom
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Frozen Synapse
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Gary Grigsbys Don to the Danube
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Gary Grigsbys Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Gary Grigsbys War Between The States
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Gary Grigsbys War in the East
$79,99
$52,99
$27,00
34%
Gary Grigsbys World at War: A World Divided
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Gates Of Troy
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Guns of August 1914-1918
$34,99
$22,99
$12,00
34%
Hannibal: Rome and Carthage
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Harpoon Ultimate Edition
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
HISTORY Legends of War
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Hornet Leader PC
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Horse and Musket: Volume I
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
John Tillers Battleground Civil War
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
John Tillers Battleground Napoleonic Wars
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
John Tillers Campaign Series
$34,99
$22,99
$12,00
34%
Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Korsun Pocket
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Legion Arena Gold
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Making History II: The War of the World
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Maximum Football v2
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Napoleon in Italy
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Norm Kogers The Operational Art of War III
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Officers - The Matrix Edition
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Panzer Command: Ostfront
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Revolution Under Siege
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Scourge of War - Chancellorsvile
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Scourge of War Antietam
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Scourge of War Gettysburg
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Scourge of War Pipe Creek
$9,99
$5,99
$4,00
40%
Smugglers IV - Doomsday
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Spartan
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Star Sentinel Tactics
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Starships Unlimited v3
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Steel Panthers: World at War - Generals Edition
$69,99
$45,99
$24,00
34%
Storm over the Pacific
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Strategic War In Europe
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Team Assault: Baptism of Fire
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Time of Fury
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Uncommon Valor
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Unity of Command
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
War In The Pacific
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition
$79,99
$52,99
$27,00
34%
War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
World War II: General Commander
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
World War One Gold
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
WW2: Time of Wrath
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
nm - got it
Quote from: smittyohio on November 25, 2013, 02:04:28 PM
Man, all that list does is show me that I've given Matrix way too much money over the years. :-) Mostly well-spent, though. I'd consider the SoW stuff, but the demo I found ran like crap on my system, even though it handles Skyrim with relative ease, and does fine with the CMx2 demos. Maybe the old demo isn't representative of how the game plays, but I'd rather find out before buying it.
I run SoW on my aging (aged) WinXP with 3 gigs of RAM (nice video card though) and it runs very smoothly.
I've had games from this series going back to when it was Mad Minute games' Bull Run game. I couldn't get in to it for the longest time. I couldn't figure out why I'd tell a leader to move to some place and he'd go but not his command. I found it hard to follow along in the action and had no idea to tell when a brigade was wavering or not. So I didn't play it for years and then I picked up the Gettysburg edition and went through the tutorials and dedicated a bit of time to it. Now it's common sense to play and I really, really enjoy it.
Here you go:
| PRODUCT NAME | NORMAL | SALE | SAVE | DISCOUNT |
| Achtung Panzer: Operation Star | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Across the Dnepr Second Edition | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| AI War Alien Bundle | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Alea Jacta Est | $24.99 | $15.99 | $9.00 | 36% |
| Armada 2526 | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Armada 2526 Supernova | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Battle Academy | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Battle Academy - Blitzkrieg France | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Battle Academy - Market Garden | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Battle Academy - Operation Sealion | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Battle of Britain II - Wings of Victory | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Battlefront | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Battles In Italy | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Battles in Normandy | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Birth of America | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Birth of America 2: Wars in America | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Birth of Rome | $24.99 | $15.99 | $9.00 | 36% |
| Campaigns on the Danube 1805 + 1809 | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Carriers at War | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Chariots of War | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Close Combat: Cross of Iron | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Close Combat: Modern Tactics | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Close Combat: The Longest Day | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Combat Command: The Matrix Edition | $34.99 | $22.99 | $12.00 | 34% |
| Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge | $59.99 | $39.99 | $20.00 | 33% |
| Command Ops: Highway to the Reich | $24.99 | $15.99 | $9.00 | 36% |
| Commander - Europe At War Gold | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Commander - Napoleon At War | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Commander - The Great War | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Crown of Glory: Emperors Edition | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Distant Worlds | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Distant Worlds - Legends | $24.99 | $15.99 | $9.00 | 36% |
| Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Distant Worlds - Shadows | $24.99 | $15.99 | $9.00 | 36% |
| Empires In Arms | $59.99 | $39.99 | $20.00 | 33% |
| Field of Glory | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Field of Glory - Decline and Fall | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Field of Glory - Eternal Empire | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Field of Glory - Immortal Fire | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Field of Glory - Legions Triumphant | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Field of Glory - Rise of Rome | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Field of Glory - Storm of Arrows | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Field of Glory - Swords and Scimitars | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| For Liberty! | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Forge of Freedom | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Frozen Synapse | $24.99 | $15.99 | $9.00 | 36% |
| Gary Grigsbys Don to the Danube | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Gary Grigsbys Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Gary Grigsbys War Between The States | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Gary Grigsbys War in the East | $79.99 | $52.99 | $27.00 | 34% |
| Gary Grigsbys World at War: A World Divided | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Gates Of Troy | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Guns of August 1914-1918 | $34.99 | $22.99 | $12.00 | 34% |
| Hannibal: Rome and Carthage | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Harpoon Ultimate Edition | $59.99 | $39.99 | $20.00 | 33% |
| Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| HISTORY Legends of War | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Hornet Leader PC | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Horse and Musket: Volume I | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| John Tillers Battleground Civil War | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| John Tillers Battleground Napoleonic Wars | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| John Tillers Campaign Series | $34.99 | $22.99 | $12.00 | 34% |
| Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets | $49.99 | $32.99 | $17.00 | 34% |
| Korsun Pocket | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Legion Arena Gold | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Making History II: The War of the World | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Maximum Football v2 | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Napoleon in Italy | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Norm Kogers The Operational Art of War III | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| Officers - The Matrix Edition | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Panzer Command: Ostfront | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Revolution Under Siege | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Scourge of War - Chancellorsvile | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Scourge of War Antietam | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Scourge of War Gettysburg | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Scourge of War Pipe Creek | $9.99 | $5.99 | $4.00 | 40% |
| Smugglers IV - Doomsday | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Spartan | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Star Sentinel Tactics | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Starships Unlimited v3 | $24.99 | $15.99 | $9.00 | 36% |
| Steel Panthers: World at War - Generals Edition | $69.99 | $45.99 | $24.00 | 34% |
| Storm over the Pacific | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Strategic War In Europe | $14.99 | $9.99 | $5.00 | 33% |
| Team Assault: Baptism of Fire | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| Time of Fury | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Uncommon Valor | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| Unity of Command | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
| War In The Pacific | $59.99 | $39.99 | $20.00 | 33% |
| War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition | $79.99 | $52.99 | $27.00 | 34% |
| War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 | $29.99 | $19.99 | $10.00 | 33% |
| World War II: General Commander | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| World War One Gold | $39.99 | $25.99 | $14.00 | 35% |
| WW2: Time of Wrath | $19.99 | $12.99 | $7.00 | 35% |
Quote from: GJK on November 25, 2013, 08:42:09 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on November 25, 2013, 02:04:28 PM
Man, all that list does is show me that I've given Matrix way too much money over the years. :-) Mostly well-spent, though. I'd consider the SoW stuff, but the demo I found ran like crap on my system, even though it handles Skyrim with relative ease, and does fine with the CMx2 demos. Maybe the old demo isn't representative of how the game plays, but I'd rather find out before buying it.
I run SoW on my aging (aged) WinXP with 3 gigs of RAM (nice video card though) and it runs very smoothly.
I've had games from this series going back to when it was Mad Minute games' Bull Run game. I couldn't get in to it for the longest time. I couldn't figure out why I'd tell a leader to move to some place and he'd go but not his command. I found it hard to follow along in the action and had no idea to tell when a brigade was wavering or not. So I didn't play it for years and then I picked up the Gettysburg edition and went through the tutorials and dedicated a bit of time to it. Now it's common sense to play and I really, really enjoy it.
Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll pick up one of them to start with, and use the rest of the sale period to decide on the others ;-)
The only game that is of interest to me right now is War in the East, but fortunately I have many weeks to make that decision.
Time for me to pick up Distant Worlds - Shadows
I'm looking at the Scourge of War package, Field of Glory + Storm of Arrows, and maybe TOAW 3.
I've been holding out for FoG for a while, so I think it's time to finally give it a go.
The Tin Soldiers series; is it Command and Colors on the PC or not so much? I didn't find too much written about it here in the forums, I haven't checked to see if any reviews were written.
Quote from: FlickJax on November 25, 2013, 12:24:29 PM
oh dear choices -
Option 1 - DC Case Blue
Option 2 - COH and COH Ghost
Option 3 - Gettysberg
Option 4 - Distant Worlds Shadows
Oh i just dont know......
Still don't know...ok I think DW shadows can wait....so it's out of options 1-3 oh i wish i had more money!!!!
Isn't JD giving COH away still?
Conflict of Heroes went
Y did it go? did you not like it?
IMO board games don't always translate well to the computer. They are always missing something.
I dropped out of beta testing because it just wasn't giving me the enjoyment the board game did. It went 3D and the rules had changed (not by the computer game designer but by the board game developers request).
Anyway - Eric made a great job of it and I was pleased to see the board game mechanics were "fully" implemented with high def 2D counters and map...but it was still missing something. Some board games need to stay 100% faithful - and even then, they lose that certain something in transition...and for me this was one of those games.
As I said - they did a great job but my love for the board game couldn't be found in the computer game.
Quote from: FlickJax on November 26, 2013, 09:37:41 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on November 25, 2013, 12:24:29 PM
oh dear choices -
Option 1 - DC Case Blue
Option 2 - COH and COH Ghost
Option 3 - Gettysberg
Option 4 - Distant Worlds Shadows
Oh i just dont know......
Still don't know...ok I think DW shadows can wait....so it's out of options 1-3 oh i wish i had more money!!!!
Gettysburg, hands down. Don't get me wrong, DC Case Blue is great. But if you've never played Gettysburg, you gotta jump on that. It's amazing.
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 12:24:54 AM
I'm looking at the Scourge of War package, Field of Glory + Storm of Arrows, and maybe TOAW 3.
I've been holding out for FoG for a while, so I think it's time to finally give it a go.
SoW has a discount on a package?
I looked at the collection-version and it didn't seem discounted.
Quote from: Tpek on November 26, 2013, 05:11:25 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 12:24:54 AM
I'm looking at the Scourge of War package, Field of Glory + Storm of Arrows, and maybe TOAW 3.
I've been holding out for FoG for a while, so I think it's time to finally give it a go.
SoW has a discount on a package?
I looked at the collection-version and it didn't seem discounted.
Must be the individual ones?
I still need to get Pipe Creek. Maybe some day a few of you hoodlums would get together for some SOW Co-Op.
Also.. I thought Field of Glory was supposed to get some big revision update by some 3rd party? Did those plans get cancelled? Or is it going the route of "Admiral's Edition" where we'll have to purchase them all again? I've been wanting to get the Immortal Fire one (or whatever the Greco-Persian one is) at the least but it'll really piss me off if I end up having to buy it twice.
I meant buying all the Scourge of War games...they don't come bundled as far as I know. Sorry for the confusion.
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
I meant buying all the Scourge of War games...they don't come bundled as far as I know. Sorry for the confusion.
There is a Gettysburg 150th edition that contains all the games, however it is not on sale since it includes Brandy Station which is fairly new and not on sale.
That might be just the ticket then. I'll have to do some math here...let's see...carry the one...
That's really interesting that they didn't mark off Brandy Station and sell the whole bundle at a discount. I just looked it up and Brandy Station is only $10. Seems like it might have been nice to just bundle them and sell the whole thing at the discounted price which is still a few bucks less than full price.
Anyway, I just might pick them up individually. I have the original Gettysburg with the 1-PC DRM and it might be nice to just buy it again from Matrix on sale so I don't have to worry about that pesky single install DRM bull. They're solid games so I'm sure I'll game my gaming's worth out of them.
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 06:49:34 PM
Anyway, I just might pick them up individually. I have the original Gettysburg with the 1-PC DRM and it might be nice to just buy it again from Matrix on sale so I don't have to worry about that pesky single install DRM bull. They're solid games so I'm sure I'll game my gaming's worth out of them.
You do not need to purchase the original game again!Your old key code for SOW: Gettysburg also works in the Matrix version. I believe you can download the latest unlockable version from the SOW website and you're good to go. No DRM anymore.
That's what I did. Grabbed the latest Installer, used my old SOW key, then started purchasing expansions from Matrix.
Well, now THAT is good news! Thank you for that information! 8)
anybody have any opinions or experience with "A world at war: a world divided" It's the only one i'm looking at this year, all the rest that have my interest were released this year and not on sale.
Matrix has a patch that removes the DRM from SoW.
Kind of bummed...nothing really interests me....I have purchased most everything I wanted in the past. To be honest, although nice to see the sale prices, the discounts aren't usually enough to have me wait for a holiday sale versus just buying right away. Unlike steam and other online stores where their prices are insanely drastic where it does sometimes makes me hold off.
I am more interested in the steams/other online provider sales at this point...bring them on.
Quote from: -budd- on November 26, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
anybody have any opinions or experience with "A world at war: a world divided" It's the only one i'm looking at this year, all the rest that have my interest were released this year and not on sale.
It's a fun game. Kind of like Axis & Allies on steroids. Area movement. Production. Strategic movement.
AI is pretty good.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 26, 2013, 09:06:07 PM
Kind of bummed...nothing really interests me....I have purchased most everything I wanted in the past. To be honest, although nice to see the sale prices, the discounts aren't usually enough to have me wait for a holiday sale versus just buying right away. Unlike steam and other online stores where their prices are insanely drastic where it does sometimes makes me hold off.
I am more interested in the steams/other online provider sales at this point...bring them on.
probably best to wait for their weekly sale if they keep running them.
Quote from: Barthheart on November 26, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 26, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
anybody have any opinions or experience with "A world at war: a world divided" It's the only one i'm looking at this year, all the rest that have my interest were released this year and not on sale.
It's a fun game. Kind of like Axis & Allies on steroids. Area movement. Production. Strategic movement.
AI is pretty good.
Agreed. I bought this game during last year's Christmas sale.
Quote from: Barthheart on November 26, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 26, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
anybody have any opinions or experience with "A world at war: a world divided" It's the only one i'm looking at this year, all the rest that have my interest were released this year and not on sale.
It's a fun game. Kind of like Axis & Allies on steroids. Area movement. Production. Strategic movement.
AI is pretty good.
Agreed, fun game, and has all the things you'd want in a global WW2 grand strategy game, even if some are a little thin (diplomacy). It kinda got a bad rep I think because it looks a lot like Axis and Allies, and is pretty simple to play (if only badly). I'd love to see a remake of this with monthly turns and more areas.
The main thing to remember is that the turns are 3 months long and the areas pretty large, so you aren't doing grand encirclements or anything. More like getting the right units in place, making sure they are supplied, and gaining superiority in a region or sea area. Lebatron's AWD Deluxe is very nice also.
Quote from: challerain on November 26, 2013, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
I meant buying all the Scourge of War games...they don't come bundled as far as I know. Sorry for the confusion.
There is a Gettysburg 150th edition that contains all the games, however it is not on sale since it includes Brandy Station which is fairly new and not on sale.
I totalled the games up individually and then looked at the "package" and there was only a few pounds in it.
Gettysburg 150th Anniversary package - £54+tax DX or £59.99+tax boxed
includes Gettysburg, Chancellorsville, Antietam, Pipe Creek, Brandy Station
Individually
Gettysburg - £13.99+tax DX or £19.99+tax
Chancellorsville - £13.99+tax DX or £19.99+tax
Antietam - £8.99+tax DX or £15.99+tax
Pipe Creek - £3.99+tax DX or 10.99+tax
Brandy Station - £6.99+tax DX or £13.99+tax
Total - £47.95+tax DX or £80.95+tax
So the package will cost you £6 more than the individual items for digital download, but if you want a boxed copy, you'll save £20
Looks like the "package" contains the discounted items - but with a full price Brandy Station.
Or you can buy them individually by download (and write them to a CD somewhere for safekeeping while archiving the activation codes), and save 33 pounds.
Does anybody know if the SOW expansion Chancellorsville has that annoying feature of not being able to freely play any scenario but having to play them in a certain order to open up later scenarios like in the original game? I would like to get this one on sale but hesitate because of this feature. There was a mod for the original that opened up all scenarios, hopefully they learned their lesson and removed the feature from Chancellorsville.
Quote from: Rayfer on December 02, 2013, 06:17:32 PM
Does anybody know if the SOW expansion Chancellorsville has that annoying feature of not being able to freely play any scenario but having to play them in a certain order to open up later scenarios like in the original game? I would like to get this one on sale but hesitate because of this feature. There was a mod for the original that opened up all scenarios, hopefully they learned their lesson and removed the feature from Chancellorsville.
OK so I still haven't decided whether to get SoW or DC Case Blue and now another question from what Ray states above is it better to get Chancellorsville rather than Gettisburg?
Personally, I would go with Gettysburg for a few reasons:
1. It is the "franchise product" meaning that it was the first of the series so it has the most support in the way of add on maps, mods, etc.
2. Chancellorsville is a beautiful but very wooded map. Gettysburg had sweeping wide (mostly) open plains, with key hill structures.
3. Gettysburg is certainly the better known of the battles but depending on your personal knowledge of the history, one battle may suit you more than the other. Chancy was Stonewall Jackson's continued rise in fame and also his epic demise. Gettysburg has so much history in it that you can't really classify it as a single battle. It was 3 days of crucial battles over that entire landscape.
Quote from: GJK on December 03, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
Personally, I would go with Gettysburg for a few reasons:
1. It is the "franchise product" meaning that it was the first of the series so it has the most support in the way of add on maps, mods, etc.
2. Chancellorsville is a beautiful but very wooded map. Gettysburg had sweeping wide (mostly) open plains, with key hill structures.
3. Gettysburg is certainly the better known of the battles but depending on your personal knowledge of the history, one battle may suit you more than the other. Chancy was Stonewall Jackson's continued rise in fame and also his epic demise. Gettysburg has so much history in it that you can't really classify it as a single battle. It was 3 days of crucial battles over that entire landscape.
Sold :)
If only I were a hero at my work like that. :)
Seriously, fun, fun, cool, cool game SoW Gettsyburg. Go through the tutorials to figure out a few things and after that it's simple to play but the AI will give you some good fights. I'm still looking to try out multiplayer with it.
Quote from: Nefaro on November 26, 2013, 06:53:53 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2013, 06:49:34 PM
Anyway, I just might pick them up individually. I have the original Gettysburg with the 1-PC DRM and it might be nice to just buy it again from Matrix on sale so I don't have to worry about that pesky single install DRM bull. They're solid games so I'm sure I'll game my gaming's worth out of them.
You do not need to purchase the original game again!
Your old key code for SOW: Gettysburg also works in the Matrix version. I believe you can download the latest unlockable version from the SOW website and you're good to go. No DRM anymore.
That's what I did. Grabbed the latest Installer, used my old SOW key, then started purchasing expansions from Matrix.
Can you explain step by step how you did this?
I'm at the Scourge of War site but all I see is the demo version of SoW: Gettysburg. I already have the real game installed on this computer so I'm trying to figure out how to revert it to the Matrix version.
Never mind- I figured it out. There's a download link on the Gettysburg page at Matrix that downloads the Matrix version. Doh! :-[