Matrix Holiday Sale Starts Tomorrow (21st November)

Started by JudgeDredd, November 20, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2013, 11:39:49 AM
oops. I made a boo boo.

I went through the order process as I normally do to see what the final price is (after adding VAT) - but it never took me to the VAT screen and instead - I bought the damn game!

That isn't normal. Normally there's a final page which shows you the price + your tax rate (20%) - and I ALWAYS go to that page before commiting to buy...but the page wasn't there this time. Now I have WitP:AE in my inventory!!

To be honest, if you're going to accidentally buy a wargame, that's a fine one to get.  It's among the best wargames- if not THE best wargame- ever made IMO.  You'll get years of enjoyment out of it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

ComradeP

#46
Judge, I believe they recently changed the purchase screens. At least, the last time I bought something (which was fairly recent, Fantasy Kommander), it was also different from normal.

Contrary to what we were told, there are some 2013 titles on the list:

Distant Worlds: Shadows.
Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions.
History: Legends of War.
Birth of Rome.

Amusingly, UoC Red Turn isn't on sale even though it's a 2012 title and was only released in 2013 by Matrix because they close down for weeks around Christmas. That's still one of the two things I feel they can improve, communicating with the customer being the first as they tend to be slow when it comes to announcing new releases. Of the titles I bought when they were released, I think I bought most before they were officially announced as being available.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

JudgeDredd

I have heard good things. It just depends on whether I have the staying power. I tend to look at those games and go "wtf am I meant to do here"!

As for my mess up - it was exactly that. It was a stupid system for checking the final price anyway - but one I had become accustomed to.

Oh well...let the games begin
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

smittyohio

Man, all that list does is show me that I've given Matrix way too much money over the years.  :-)    Mostly well-spent, though.  I'd consider the SoW stuff, but the demo I found ran like crap on my system, even though it handles Skyrim with relative ease, and does fine with the CMx2 demos.  Maybe the old demo isn't representative of how the game plays, but I'd rather find out before buying it.

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

OJsDad

Anyone here try Revolution Under Siege.  It sounds interesting.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

To be fair, their customary broad Christmas sale was never going to be as deeply discounted as other sales previously this year.

Now to spend far too much money on games I will almost certainly never play...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: OJsDad on November 25, 2013, 03:18:36 PM
Anyone here try Revolution Under Siege.  It sounds interesting.

Many people like it, although I haven't personally played it. I don't recall hearing anything negative against it. (I own a copy myself, just never have played it.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

PRODUCT NAME
NORMAL PRICE
SALE PRICE
YOU SAVE
DISCOUNT
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Across the Dnepr Second Edition
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
AI War Alien Bundle
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Alea Jacta Est
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Armada 2526
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Armada 2526 Supernova
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle Academy
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Battle Academy - Blitzkrieg France
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle Academy - Market Garden
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle Academy - Operation Sealion
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Battle of Britain II - Wings of Victory
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Battlefront
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Battles In Italy
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Battles in Normandy
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Birth of America
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Birth of America 2: Wars in America
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Birth of Rome
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Campaigns on the Danube 1805 + 1809
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Carriers at War
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Chariots of War
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: The Longest Day
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Combat Command: The Matrix Edition
$34,99
$22,99
$12,00
34%
Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Commander - Europe At War Gold
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Commander - Napoleon At War
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Commander - The Great War
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Crown of Glory: Emperors Edition
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Distant Worlds
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Distant Worlds - Legends
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Distant Worlds - Shadows
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Empires In Arms
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
Field of Glory
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Field of Glory - Decline and Fall
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Eternal Empire
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Immortal Fire
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Legions Triumphant
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Rise of Rome
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Storm of Arrows
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Field of Glory - Swords and Scimitars
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
For Liberty!
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Forge of Freedom
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Frozen Synapse
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Gary Grigsbys Don to the Danube
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Gary Grigsbys Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Gary Grigsbys War Between The States
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Gary Grigsbys War in the East
$79,99
$52,99
$27,00
34%
Gary Grigsbys World at War: A World Divided
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Gates Of Troy
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Guns of August 1914-1918
$34,99
$22,99
$12,00
34%
Hannibal: Rome and Carthage
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Harpoon Ultimate Edition
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
HISTORY Legends of War
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Hornet Leader PC
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Horse and Musket: Volume I
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
John Tillers Battleground Civil War
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
John Tillers Battleground Napoleonic Wars
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
John Tillers Campaign Series
$34,99
$22,99
$12,00
34%
Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets
$49,99
$32,99
$17,00
34%
Korsun Pocket
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Legion Arena Gold
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Making History II: The War of the World
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Maximum Football v2
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Napoleon in Italy
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Norm Kogers The Operational Art of War III
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
Officers - The Matrix Edition
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Panzer Command: Ostfront
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Revolution Under Siege
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Scourge of War - Chancellorsvile
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Scourge of War Antietam
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Scourge of War Gettysburg
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Scourge of War Pipe Creek
$9,99
$5,99
$4,00
40%
Smugglers IV - Doomsday
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Spartan
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Star Sentinel Tactics
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Starships Unlimited v3
$24,99
$15,99
$9,00
36%
Steel Panthers: World at War - Generals Edition
$69,99
$45,99
$24,00
34%
Storm over the Pacific
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Strategic War In Europe
$14,99
$9,99
$5,00
33%
Team Assault: Baptism of Fire
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
Time of Fury
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Uncommon Valor
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
Unity of Command
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
War In The Pacific
$59,99
$39,99
$20,00
33%
War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition
$79,99
$52,99
$27,00
34%
War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930
$29,99
$19,99
$10,00
33%
World War II: General Commander
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
World War One Gold
$39,99
$25,99
$14,00
35%
WW2: Time of Wrath
$19,99
$12,99
$7,00
35%
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

#54
nm - got it
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GJK

Quote from: smittyohio on November 25, 2013, 02:04:28 PM
Man, all that list does is show me that I've given Matrix way too much money over the years.  :-)    Mostly well-spent, though.  I'd consider the SoW stuff, but the demo I found ran like crap on my system, even though it handles Skyrim with relative ease, and does fine with the CMx2 demos.  Maybe the old demo isn't representative of how the game plays, but I'd rather find out before buying it.

I run SoW on my aging (aged) WinXP with 3 gigs of RAM (nice video card though) and it runs very smoothly. 

I've had games from this series going back to when it was Mad Minute games' Bull Run game.  I couldn't get in to it for the longest time.  I couldn't figure out why I'd tell a leader to move to some place and he'd go but not his command.  I found it hard to follow along in the action and had no idea to tell when a brigade was wavering or not.  So I didn't play it for years and then I picked up the Gettysburg edition and went through the tutorials and dedicated a bit of time to it.  Now it's common sense to play and I really, really enjoy it. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Here you go:


PRODUCT NAMENORMAL     SALE     SAVE     DISCOUNT
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Across the Dnepr Second Edition$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
AI War Alien Bundle$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Alea Jacta Est$24.99$15.99$9.0036%
Armada 2526$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Armada 2526 Supernova$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Battle Academy$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Battle Academy - Blitzkrieg France$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Battle Academy - Market Garden$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Battle Academy - Operation Sealion$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Battle of Britain II - Wings of Victory$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Battlefront$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Battles In Italy$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Battles in Normandy$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Birth of America$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Birth of America 2: Wars in America$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Birth of Rome$24.99$15.99$9.0036%
Campaigns on the Danube 1805 + 1809$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Carriers at War$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Chariots of War$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Close Combat: Cross of Iron$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Close Combat: Modern Tactics$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Close Combat: The Longest Day$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Combat Command: The Matrix Edition$34.99$22.99$12.0034%
Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge$59.99$39.99$20.0033%
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich$24.99$15.99$9.0036%
Commander - Europe At War Gold$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Commander - Napoleon At War$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Commander - The Great War$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Crown of Glory: Emperors Edition$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Distant Worlds$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Distant Worlds - Legends$24.99$15.99$9.0036%
Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Distant Worlds - Shadows$24.99$15.99$9.0036%
Empires In Arms$59.99$39.99$20.0033%
Field of Glory$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Field of Glory - Decline and Fall$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Field of Glory - Eternal Empire$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Field of Glory - Immortal Fire$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Field of Glory - Legions Triumphant$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Field of Glory - Rise of Rome$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Field of Glory - Storm of Arrows$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Field of Glory - Swords and Scimitars$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
For Liberty!$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Forge of Freedom$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Frozen Synapse$24.99$15.99$9.0036%
Gary Grigsbys Don to the Danube$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Gary Grigsbys Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Gary Grigsbys War Between The States$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Gary Grigsbys War in the East$79.99$52.99$27.0034%
Gary Grigsbys World at War: A World Divided$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Gates Of Troy$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Guns of August 1914-1918$34.99$22.99$12.0034%
Hannibal: Rome and Carthage$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Harpoon Ultimate Edition$59.99$39.99$20.0033%
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
HISTORY Legends of War$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Hornet Leader PC$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Horse and Musket: Volume I$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
John Tillers Battleground Civil War$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
John Tillers Battleground Napoleonic Wars$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
John Tillers Campaign Series$34.99$22.99$12.0034%
Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets$49.99$32.99$17.0034%
Korsun Pocket$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Legion Arena Gold$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Making History II: The War of the World$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Maximum Football v2$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Napoleon in Italy$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Norm Kogers The Operational Art of War III$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
Officers - The Matrix Edition$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Panzer Command: Ostfront$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Revolution Under Siege$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Scourge of War - Chancellorsvile$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Scourge of War Antietam$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Scourge of War Gettysburg$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Scourge of War Pipe Creek$9.99$5.99$4.0040%
Smugglers IV - Doomsday$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Spartan$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Star Sentinel Tactics$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Starships Unlimited v3$24.99$15.99$9.0036%
Steel Panthers: World at War - Generals Edition$69.99$45.99$24.0034%
Storm over the Pacific$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Strategic War In Europe$14.99$9.99$5.0033%
Team Assault: Baptism of Fire$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Time of Fury$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Uncommon Valor$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
Unity of Command$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
War In The Pacific$59.99$39.99$20.0033%
War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition$79.99$52.99$27.0034%
War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930$29.99$19.99$10.0033%
World War II: General Commander$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
World War One Gold$39.99$25.99$14.0035%
WW2: Time of Wrath$19.99$12.99$7.0035%
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

smittyohio

Quote from: GJK on November 25, 2013, 08:42:09 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on November 25, 2013, 02:04:28 PM
Man, all that list does is show me that I've given Matrix way too much money over the years.  :-)    Mostly well-spent, though.  I'd consider the SoW stuff, but the demo I found ran like crap on my system, even though it handles Skyrim with relative ease, and does fine with the CMx2 demos.  Maybe the old demo isn't representative of how the game plays, but I'd rather find out before buying it.

I run SoW on my aging (aged) WinXP with 3 gigs of RAM (nice video card though) and it runs very smoothly. 

I've had games from this series going back to when it was Mad Minute games' Bull Run game.  I couldn't get in to it for the longest time.  I couldn't figure out why I'd tell a leader to move to some place and he'd go but not his command.  I found it hard to follow along in the action and had no idea to tell when a brigade was wavering or not.  So I didn't play it for years and then I picked up the Gettysburg edition and went through the tutorials and dedicated a bit of time to it.  Now it's common sense to play and I really, really enjoy it.

Thanks for the info!  Maybe I'll pick up one of them to start with, and use the rest of the sale period to decide on the others  ;-)

Bison

The only game that is of interest to me right now is War in the East, but fortunately I have many weeks to make that decision.

Sparhawk