GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on January 19, 2014, 02:38:21 PM

Title: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: MetalDog on January 19, 2014, 02:38:21 PM
I spend an inordinate amount of my free time on Grogheads or checking for new posts on Grogheads.  It's a great community with a lot of interesting people, insights, opinions and humor.  I know I can't be the only one, but, as I look around at all of the other areas here, it seems that there are many of us that don't go outside certain areas.  For instance, I do not go into Religion, Politics & Flame Wars.  I have no interest in politics or the incessant battle to change someone elses viewpoint.  It makes me curious though, what do you to come to Grogs for?  And what areas do you frequent, even if you don't post?

To the mods: I posted this in Computer Gaming as it has the most traffic.  If you feel it neccessary to move it, please do.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Sparhawk on January 19, 2014, 03:08:41 PM
I check on the posts in Computer Wargaming everyday. When work is a little less busy I check out all the forums (between construction jobs). I highly value this community and try to contribute when I can.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Toonces on January 19, 2014, 03:15:06 PM
I'm mostly a computer games forum kind of guy.

After I read everything good in here, I'll browse down, hit the board Wargaming board, if the Roleplaying has something interesting on the right side I'll check that.  Then it's the long trip down to General Discussion and Current Events.  I only poke into those if a good subject is on the right, otherwise it's down to Books and Reading to see if PeaceFlower has hooked us up with any new freebies (what ever happened to him, anyway?).

Once I pass the Books forum I'll head back up north to Computer Gaming for one last sweep and then it's on to another website or <gulp> the real world.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Bison on January 19, 2014, 03:17:10 PM
I mosey around most all of the sub forums.  Of course my favorites are the computer and board gaming boards and the current events and general topics forums too.  I also was lured here with the promise of hot gamer chicks posting cosplay photos but that was just a lie.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Skoop on January 19, 2014, 03:17:28 PM
Usually frequent the computer games section.  I like the no bull$hi@ honest feedback and discussion about wargames.  Originally this all took place at that other site with many of the same faces.  It's all lame there now way better scene here, a lot of the crowd here have similar taste in wargames.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mikeck on January 19, 2014, 03:47:02 PM
I love this forum. No one seems to get to serious or personal when someone doesn't like the games they do. I left another sight because when I posted that I forums x-rebirth to be enjoyable, people actually got angry, and posted reviews to prove I was "wrong"

Not conducive to discussion. Plus I like seeing Gus list all of the games he's about to play but probably won't!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 19, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
Quote from: mikeck on January 19, 2014, 03:47:02 PM
I love this forum. No one seems to get to serious or personal when someone doesn't like the games they do. I left another sight because when I posted that I forums x-rebirth to be enjoyable, people actually got angry, and posted reviews to prove I was "wrong"

Not conducive to discussion. Plus I like seeing Gus list all of the games he's about to play but probably won't!

and probably because we're the only ones who understand your posts sometimes!

I get up, drive to work, make coffee, sit down and hit the 'new posts since last visit button' with anticipation every day, and read everything unless its general discussion/politics - i cant angry enough to be in there

What id dearly like is a 'usual suspects' line up to see if i could guess who was who, never seen most of you guys, but if sat at a bar and the guy next to me said 'im XXXX from Grogheads' id buy you a drink, unless it was Star, then id run like fuck
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 19, 2014, 04:21:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 19, 2014, 04:07:18 PMWhat id dearly like is a 'usual suspects' line up to see if i could guess who was who, never seen most of you guys, but if sat at a bar and the guy next to me said 'im XXXX from Grogheads' id buy you a drink, unless it was Star, then id run like fuck

You know, you could always dust off the passport and c'mon out to Origins and join us for that drink!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 19, 2014, 04:28:52 PM
I'm here to grow my thriving meth business.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 19, 2014, 04:29:28 PM
Oops. I mean I'm here for the games. It's all about the games.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2014, 04:51:55 PM
I pretty much look at as many threads as I can, although I usually go to the wargames / computer games first. I can remember, what, almost 2 years ago, you could read everything almost as it was posted, but now we have grown so much there tends to be more posts than you can keep up with.

I agree with MD's comments. Great place, great people.

Oh, and if Geeks going to Origins, he has to take me as I'll a need a minder  ;)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Yskonyn on January 19, 2014, 05:01:09 PM
I am always checking the 'Computer Wargaming' section and the Multiplayer board of these forums with the occasional trip to the other sections, but the first already makes me spend too much time, so I tend to only skim over the other sections.

I do enjoy my stay here the best of All the forums I frequent. There might be some pretty strong discussions at times, but it always stays decent and grown-up with respect for eachother.
And most 'obscure games' tips I have gotten from you guys too, which gives me a pretty interesting find at times!

Keep on coming with the good times, folks!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: steve58 on January 19, 2014, 05:09:09 PM
Definitely love the site, great people and topics all around.  Mostly I frequent Computer Wargaming followed by Military History, Current Events, General Discussion, Enigmas of the Mystical and Beer & Pretzels.  Occasionally I'll stray into Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars and even post there once in a while. Next round is on me.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi186.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fx14%2Flangev%2F00000436.gif&hash=86e908c06213fd30ef4ce9ab398a6ee503401116)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Father Ted on January 19, 2014, 05:15:56 PM
Pretty much just the Computer Wargaming for me.   I like to see what consumers rather than journalists have to say about games I'm interested in.  Plus there's hints and tips from "real" people.  Talking of which, I do wander down south to the IRL section to see what people think about various current events.  Most posters here are articulate and polite, so even if they're saying something I don't agree with I feel I can engage.

Mostly though it's about discussing games in a mature manner and perhaps lending others the benefit of what knowledge I may have.

Nice idea for a thread BTW!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2014, 05:24:03 PM
I'm here for anything and everything, although admittedly I stick only to the Show unread posts since your last visit and the Show new replies to your posts links. I don't delve into the forums as I know that would be a black hole of time-suck and I already spend a ton of time here just with those two links.

I've said it before; when I was writing at Wargamer I rarely, if ever, got into the forums over there. This place is a lot different, with a lot more camaraderie.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: MengJiao on January 19, 2014, 05:28:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2014, 02:38:21 PM
I spend an inordinate amount of my free time on Grogheads or checking for new posts on Grogheads.  It's a great community with a lot of interesting people, insights, opinions and humor.  I know I can't be the only one, but, as I look around at all of the other areas here, it seems that there are many of us that don't go outside certain areas.  For instance, I do not go into Religion, Politics & Flame Wars.  I have no interest in politics or the incessant battle to change someone elses viewpoint.  It makes me curious though, what do you to come to Grogs for?  And what areas do you frequent, even if you don't post?

To the mods: I posted this in Computer Gaming as it has the most traffic.  If you feel it neccessary to move it, please do.

I'm mostly in the Computer gaming section.  I play a lot of board games.  Or at least I did until last month.  Slowly rebuilding the manloft's atmosphere.

the Groghead's population seems like a remarkably reasonable bunch for an online crowd.  I've learned more here than almost any other place online I've ever been.

I even tried Skyrim, which was educational.

Elsewhere online I go to SimHQ and the company boards like Bohemia and
Rof and Battle of Stalingrad and BattleFront and Matrix....BUT Grogheads is where I get the news about what's what in the game world.  Oh and I read RPS-- educational -- gad there are some horrible-sounding games out there.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mikeck on January 19, 2014, 05:35:15 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 19, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
Quote from: mikeck on January 19, 2014, 03:47:02 PM
I love this forum. No one seems to get to serious or personal when someone doesn't like the games they do. I left another sight because when I posted that I forums x-rebirth to be enjoyable, people actually got angry, and posted reviews to prove I was "wrong"

Not conducive to discussion. Plus I like seeing Gus list all of the games he's about to play but probably won't!

and probably because we're the only ones who understand your posts sometimes!

Hey! It's not my fault that my ducking spell check on my iPhone charges words into otter words.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: W8taminute on January 19, 2014, 06:06:59 PM
What attracts me to this site is the no nonsense game opinions and the gentlemanly attitude of everyone here.  I can be found reading anything in any forum here that attracts my attention.  I'm a sucker for creatively titled threads, like this one par example. 

When I want to find out what is going on in the real world I'll often check the current events section here first before browsing elsewhere. 

I like long walks on the beach alone.  My interests include dishwashing and doing the laundry as well as taking out the gaahbage.  If you want to PBEM Dominions 4 but are not looking for a serious commitment hit me up sometime.   8)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2014, 06:19:21 PM
Great site and where I spend most of my time on the web....a lot of good discussions without any anger and people are always respectful....never gets personal like other places I have been.  I browse all over the forums, but my primary spot is the computer wargames section.....I have an addiction, which is buying games and even sometimes playing them:)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Arctic Blast on January 19, 2014, 06:27:01 PM
I spend too much time here, engaging in my favorite pastime...mockery!  ;D
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2014, 06:55:14 PM
I am here for the camaraderie. Because I didn't know how to spell it before.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Barthheart on January 19, 2014, 07:45:43 PM
I start reading at the top and work my way down through everything that's got a little orange tag next to it. Just so much good information on so many things from intelligent people that is hard not to read it all.

Oh and the special place right at the bottom!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: TheCommandTent on January 19, 2014, 10:24:45 PM
Good thread MD.  I usually start at the top and work my way down through all the forms except for RP&FW.  I always look forward to browsing GrogHeads.  For a while I was so busy with a new job I was barely ever here and I have to admit that I missed it more than I realized.  Recently I've had more time to spend here but it has been spent mostly lurking.  Really they just let me hang around here to drag the average age down by a decade or two.   :P
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 20, 2014, 04:09:33 AM
I'm with Toonces. I always start in computer gaming and work my way down. Still, I end up spending most of my time in the digital gaming forums, only occasionally dabbling int he general, current events and R&P places, etc.

I also spend time in the grogheads legal department flirting with my secretary.

Seriously, the real beauty of this place from the perspective of a staff member is that everyone who is here wants to be here and for the most part respects and enjoys the company of all active members. you guys mod yourselves and know what it takes to maintain a comfortable and vibrant atmosphere. I've said it before, but it's all of our members collectively that make grogheads such a magical place.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Toonces on January 20, 2014, 04:21:45 AM
There is definitely a vibe here.  I don't know how else to describe it.

I suppose ultimately it's the mods that set the tone for what is acceptable behavior and what isn't.  That seems to have been done here with minimal drama.  Now that we've all been hanging out here a bit, it seems we're all quite comfortable with one another and it's neat how much useful information can be exchanged when you cut out the BS.  I've definitely expanded my gaming spectrum since hanging out here.  Some of you guys game outside my comfort zone, but when I read about unusual games- for example in the Friday threads- it inspires me to look at what else is out there that I might otherwise have totally missed, like Cardhunter.

Grogheads is a nice place to chill, for sure.   8)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: spelk on January 20, 2014, 05:42:39 AM
I mainly check out the Computer Wargaming and the Mobile forum, with a keen eye on the Digital AAR's - but I do dabble in a lot of the other areas if time is available.

However, its more the discussion about the computer wargaming hobby with a bunch of folks I have respected over the years, and the fact that I know theres minimal judgement based on what has gone before.

Everyone is on the same level, and that level is based on long term familiarity and respect.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: ComradeP on January 20, 2014, 06:09:59 AM
I check Computer Wargaming a couple of times a day, mostly later on due to the different timezones resulting in less forum activity during European business hours.

Other than that, not much really. I learned from WG how much time spare time a forum can consume if you let it, and I'm not inclined to do it again.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: weateallthepies on January 20, 2014, 07:36:39 AM
I read the computer wargaming forum in the hope that by some form of digital osmosis I might get better at playing them.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bbmike on January 20, 2014, 09:01:32 AM
Mostly I read the Computer Wargaming section but sometimes I'll check out the other sections. I've even heard there's a super secret forum here that few of us have access to. I wonder what sinister NSA-like discussions happen in there?  :P
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 09:45:22 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 20, 2014, 09:01:32 AMI've even heard there's a super secret forum here that few of us have access to. I wonder what sinister NSA-like discussions happen in there?  :P

Well, we have a writers' section that's mostly me and/or Longblade begging our writers to turn in their articles for the front page.  Are you volunteering?!? ;)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on January 20, 2014, 10:00:11 AM
I originally came to grogheads for the hookers & blow that Gusington promised me, but I decided to stay anyway. As I grow older and reach the point where I'm finally facing the reality of having to order progressive lenses for my next set of glasses, I like growing old with you guys(and gals?) as our minds and bodies deteriorate together.

When I was younger and more argumentative, I would participate in all the political & religious threads, but now I confine myself to the computer wargaming forum. I'm surprised at how many guys here play so many genres of computer games, while I'm still mostly playing only wargames & flight sims.

Like Grim.Reaper, I have a penchant(i.e. weakness) for the latest, shiny new wargame and end up buying quite a few each year. I have given up the pretense, however, of actually trying to play them all.

I sure would like to meet you guys in person someday.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 20, 2014, 10:08:33 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 20, 2014, 09:01:32 AM
I've even heard there's a super secret forum here that few of us have access to. I wonder what sinister NSA-like discussions happen in there?  :P

That's where I conduct my meth transactions.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 10:29:57 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on January 20, 2014, 10:00:11 AMI sure would like to meet you guys in person someday.

Origins 2014, Columbus, OH

Bunch of us are going to be there - you might as well come, too! :)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 10:44:46 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 10:29:57 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on January 20, 2014, 10:00:11 AMI sure would like to meet you guys in person someday.

Origins 2014, Columbus, OH

Bunch of us are going to be there - you might as well come, too! :)

yay, you can look after Bob while i go shopping, dont lose him
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 20, 2014, 10:57:12 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 10:29:57 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on January 20, 2014, 10:00:11 AMI sure would like to meet you guys in person someday.

Origins 2014, Columbus, OH

Bunch of us are going to be there - you might as well come, too! :)

hhmm...only a couple of hours away from where I live.  I'll ask the stupid question, what exactly is demonstrated at Origins?  Just board games and such?  I guess I could also look it up:)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bob48 on January 20, 2014, 10:58:02 AM
Shopping my arse - you mean 'chasin' wimmin'. you think I might cramp your style........
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 11:02:33 AM
pffft - youre the one with the big moustache, moody stare and leather jacket and brummie accent - youll be fighting them off with a stick

ill be at the bar
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 11:11:44 AM
Origins is just about everything and anything game-related. There's a HUGE hall where the vendors lay their stuff out - current games and upcoming games - to demo for anyone that cares to sit down and listen. Most sell their stuff right there, too. There's other vendors selling things like knives, swords, T-shirts, movies, you name it, if it's geek-related it's at Origins.

There's other huge halls as well that have tons of gaming opportunities - I remember one that was fully dedicated to minis and the amazing landscapes the gamers created. Also halls devoted purely to boardgaming, LAN gaming, Q&A sessions, auctions, and other stuff.

It's been a while since I've been. I'd love to go but it's too far away and as my company's not giving bonuses this year (which I'm pretty pissed about as this was promised when I was hired on), I have no discretionary funds to do anything this year except barely tread water.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 20, 2014, 11:13:45 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 11:11:44 AM
Origins is just about everything and anything game-related. There's a HUGE hall where the vendors lay their stuff out - current games and upcoming games - to demo for anyone that cares to sit down and listen. Most sell their stuff right there, too. There's other vendors selling things like knives, swords, T-shirts, movies, you name it, if it's geek-related it's at Origins.

There's other huge halls as well that have tons of gaming opportunities - I remember one that was fully dedicated to minis and the amazing landscapes the gamers created. Also halls devoted purely to boardgaming, LAN gaming, Q&A sessions, auctions, and other stuff.

It's been a while since I've been. I'd love to go but it's too far away and as my company's not giving bonuses this year (which I'm pretty pissed about as this was promised when I was hired on), I have no discretionary funds to do anything this year except barely tread water.

Thanks...does sound interesting....will have to check out the dates....since I can pretty much drive down there, wouldn't be too much of an expense for me.  Just depends on timing and my schedule at the time.  One of our work offices are in Columbus, maybe I can make it a business trip somehow:)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Bison on January 20, 2014, 11:14:42 AM
Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!  You make me sad Banzai.  I'm so sad now.  So very, very sad.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 11:15:16 AM
Origins:  11-15 June

stay tuned for a big announcement from GH about, but go ahead and start making travel plans now :)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 11:15:47 AM
Quote from: Bison on January 20, 2014, 11:14:42 AM
Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!  You make me sad Banzai.  I'm so sad now.  So very, very sad.

Man up and come to Origins, you pussy  ::)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 11:29:35 AM
Quote from: Bison on January 20, 2014, 11:14:42 AM
Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!  You make me sad Banzai.  I'm so sad now.  So very, very sad.

I guess I should be thankful I have a job. It's a long sad story about promises made during my hiring process that is too depressing to get into right now.

Unless you're talking about me not making it to Origins. Trust me, I'd love to, it's been seven or so years since I've been! :(
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 11:35:06 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 11:15:16 AM
Origins:  11-15 June

stay tuned for a big announcement from GH about, but go ahead and start making travel plans now :)

free tickets for all - that modelling contract has finally come in for gus?

or is he r2d2 in the new star wars films?
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:15:02 PM
Just for the record, I am JH's legal secretary.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:15:02 PM
Just for the record, I am JH's legal secretary.

is that like been Fabio?

do you answer all his mail as him?

wait.........

do you post as JH?

are YOU JH??
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:29:35 PM
No but Fabio and JH may be the same person. Give me five dollars and I can show you the possible evidence.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 12:31:09 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:29:35 PM
No but Fabio and JH may be the same person. Give me five dollars and I can show you the possible evidence.

if i understand this right, you have pictures of JH in his pants and a blonde wig you sell for $5??
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:38:57 PM
It's more of a donation than a sale.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 12:45:41 PM
do you have an album/gallery i can peruse?
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:46:54 PM
Well here's one, apparently Fabio's father was an actual hero in WWII.

Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article586694.ece

Image:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.thesun.co.uk%2Faidemitlum%2Farchive%2F00405%2FSNN1512A_280_405038a.jpg&hash=aa8604211c244670ba9a33ed5209eefb346f94f3)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 12:48:26 PM
thats not really pulling the 'marines in wigs and loin cloths' strings of my wallet i was clearly promised
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 12:50:58 PM
This is but one of the reasons I keep coming back - when I don't think this place could possibly get any weirder, someone proves me wrong.

Also, the OP-to-cleavage ratio is of epic and creative proportions.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:53:16 PM
Hey don't shoot the messenger 'Geek. If you want wigs and loin cloths you know where to find them...sheesh. You freak.

8)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: undercovergeek on January 20, 2014, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 12:53:16 PM
Hey don't shoot the messenger 'Geek. If you want wigs and loin cloths you know where to find them...sheesh. You freak.

8)

I want JH in wigs and loincloths goddamit!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bob48 on January 20, 2014, 01:41:21 PM
Well, you already have my full collection - 'The Flatulent Frying Pan Floozy'
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 20, 2014, 01:47:44 PM
Gus reminds me of Bugs Bunny when he gets dressed up all nice, like a girl bunny.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcinemagogue.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F12%2Fbugs-bunny-dressed-as-girl-e1323884826201.jpg&hash=1042a5c16889a29b973be07849db5ef2515666a4)
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Martok on January 20, 2014, 01:57:40 PM
Coming here to Grogheads and clicking the "Show unread posts since last visit" link is something I look forward to just about every day.  The gaming (and especially Computer Gaming) sections receive the lion's share of my attention, although I spend a fair amount of time in the IRL section as well.  I generally avoid Religion & Politics, but even there I still poke my head in every once in a while. 

MetalDog put his finger on it, though:  I may have initially joined this community because of all the games discussions, but the biggest reason I stayed was because of the bonds that have been formed here.  Grogheads is populated by terrific and interesting folks, and it's difficult to imagine an online community where I'd feel more at home.  :) 




Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 12:50:58 PM
Also, the OP-to-cleavage ratio is of epic and creative proportions.
LOL!  Yes, also that.  8) 

And begging your pardon, but I simply must add your quote to my sig.  Such quips need to be more broadly shared! 

Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 02:58:19 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 20, 2014, 01:57:40 PM
And begging your pardon, but I simply must add your quote to my sig.  Such quips need to be more broadly shared!

Finally!  8) lol
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 20, 2014, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 02:58:19 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 20, 2014, 01:57:40 PM
And begging your pardon, but I simply must add your quote to my sig.  Such quips need to be more broadly shared!

Finally!  8) lol

You bumped me off the list! Bastard!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 03:04:48 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 20, 2014, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 02:58:19 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 20, 2014, 01:57:40 PM
And begging your pardon, but I simply must add your quote to my sig.  Such quips need to be more broadly shared!

Finally!  8) lol

You bumped me off the list! Bastard!

FWIW, I added this in my siggy block.

Bizzaro! I'm helping!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 03:29:15 PM
I can think of tens of billions of worse things to be compared to than Bugs Bunny. Bugs rules!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 20, 2014, 03:43:13 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 03:04:48 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 20, 2014, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 02:58:19 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 20, 2014, 01:57:40 PM
And begging your pardon, but I simply must add your quote to my sig.  Such quips need to be more broadly shared!

Finally!  8) lol

You bumped me off the list! Bastard!

FWIW, I added this in my siggy block.

Bizzaro! I'm helping!

I humbly accept this honor.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 20, 2014, 03:44:01 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 03:29:15 PM
I can think of tens of billions of worse things to be compared to than Bugs Bunny.

Daffy Duck for one.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 04:24:51 PM
I like Daffy too.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 20, 2014, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2014, 04:24:51 PM
I like Daffy too.

Don't be a maroon.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 04:38:44 PM
Daffy's ADD psychosis truly appeals to me!

Marvin the Martian is awesome, too. I can mimic his voice. What a waste of talent.

I enjoy Speedy, too, although that sure is un-PC these days.

Sylvester, by far, is my favorite of all of them though. So many classic Sylvester cartoons. I think this one is my favorite of all time:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4955642/sylvester_a_mouse_divided/

(Used to be on YouTube...which jerk took it off? Sigh.)

One thing, it's so hard to find these cartoons in their original forms because so many jackasses afraid of 'offending' people have edited out parts of them.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 20, 2014, 04:45:28 PM
My favorite Sylvester toon is the one with the escaped Panther that keeps mauling Spike whenever he thinks he has Sylvester cornered.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 04:53:25 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 20, 2014, 04:45:28 PM
My favorite Sylvester toon is the one with the escaped Panther that keeps mauling Spike whenever he thinks he has Sylvester cornered.

Oh, yeah. And at the end the little dog is the boss picking his teeth and the big one is bouncing around, and the little one goes "Nah" and backhands him. Classic.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: mirth on January 20, 2014, 05:02:07 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 04:53:25 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 20, 2014, 04:45:28 PM
My favorite Sylvester toon is the one with the escaped Panther that keeps mauling Spike whenever he thinks he has Sylvester cornered.

Oh, yeah. And at the end the little dog is the boss picking his teeth and the big one is bouncing around, and the little one goes "Nah" and backhands him. Classic.

Yeah that's it. The little dog is named Chester. Great stuff.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bbmike on January 20, 2014, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 04:38:44 PM
Marvin the Martian is awesome, too. I can mimic his voice. What a waste of talent.

Use that talent and a video AAR of a space 4x game in that voice!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 20, 2014, 05:26:36 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 20, 2014, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 04:38:44 PM
Marvin the Martian is awesome, too. I can mimic his voice. What a waste of talent.

Use that talent and a video AAR of a space 4x game in that voice!

That might be funny for five or so minutes, but it might be highly annoying after that.

I'd laugh the whole time, though.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bbmike on January 20, 2014, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 20, 2014, 05:26:36 PM
That might be funny for five or so minutes, but it might be highly annoying after that.

I'd laugh the whole time, though.

Five minutes is all we need. After that you can bring out the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator and end everything!
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: panzerde on January 20, 2014, 08:55:31 PM
I was going to comment on what I like about these forums and why I enjoy reading them. By the time I made it to the last post in the thread we were discussing cleavage and Bugs Bunny. I really don't need to say anymore.

I'm planning an international trip in June, but if it doesn't happen I'll be at Origins.
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2014, 09:12:52 PM
Quote from: panzerde on January 20, 2014, 08:55:31 PMI was going to comment on what I like about these forums and why I enjoy reading them. By the time I made it to the last post in the thread we were discussing cleavage and Bugs Bunny. I really don't need to say anymore.

I'm not sure if that's admiration or dismay ;)

Quote from: panzerde on January 20, 2014, 08:55:31 PMI'm planning an international trip in June, but if it doesn't happen I'll be at Origins.

Yay!
(ps, the world will still be there after June!)
;D
Title: Re: Come for the games. Stay for the camaraderie.
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 20, 2014, 09:35:10 PM
youre all a buncha disturbed, twisted and bent individuals.

which is why I fit right in.  ;D