Exodus Wars : Fractured Empires

Started by junk2drive, January 29, 2013, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

junk2drive

This is a turn based game in the future with troops, armor and mek types with others in the works. Based on a 6mm ruleset, Exodus Wars. It has 3D maps and units with turns being pulses or activations or moves alternating on a player's initiative. Somewhat like Conflict of Heroes but without hexes or squares. Each unit has a range of movement with abilities within that range.

Currently in alpha funding. There is a demo and some gameplay videos.

If you are looking for something other than WWII, this looks promising.

http://fracturedempire.net

Bison


Longdan

There is something about it over at Wargamer.  But giant robots do not do it for me.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

republic


mikeck

#4
I'll add this to the three hundred other games I want that are "in development" or looking for funding on kickstarter...do any of these games ever get released? So frustrating.(not this game) just venting while I wait for the imminent release of EB II (for the last year)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

republic

I can relate Mike, I'm still waiting on Star Drive to be finished...  It was the game that made me aware of Kickstarter.

Tpek

I remember there was a thread about this here before, but I could be mistaken :P

Anyway, I've been playing it for a while now (the alpha), can't wait for the full version.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on January 30, 2013, 02:34:25 PM
I remember there was a thread about this here before, but I could be mistaken :P

There was, but I'll be damned if I can find it.  There was uncertainty over whether it was multiplayer or not, if I recall correctly.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 30, 2013, 03:12:52 PM
Quote from: Tpek on January 30, 2013, 02:34:25 PM
I remember there was a thread about this here before, but I could be mistaken :P

There was, but I'll be damned if I can find it.  There was uncertainty over whether it was multiplayer or not, if I recall correctly.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=4033.msg91453#msg91453

Jarhead0331

Is it playable and fun in its current state? Looks like it has a really long way to go.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


junk2drive

What I installed so far works. There is an AI and op-fire called overwatch. I've been sick and haven't given it a full shakedown.

That said, I think I'll get $10 worth of entertainment from it. Compared to a movie or meal or powerball tickets.

I don't have many games as I am picky. No real time or FPS or flight/driving sims. I did give $5 to Recruits and I think it will be too fast for me but I needed to try something different. Same with this game, I'm sick of WWII hexes and squares. I have CMSF but don't seem to be able to handle all the nuances.

Huw the Poo


junk2drive

Tpek, I notice you checking the forum there. Devs have been more aloof than I expected. Wish they would answer questions.

We got a new build with a desert map and more units. No LOS or LOF yet so hiding behind hills doesn't work.

Tpek

Quote from: junk2drive on February 09, 2013, 02:06:46 PM
Tpek, I notice you checking the forum there. Devs have been more aloof than I expected. Wish they would answer questions.

We got a new build with a desert map and more units. No LOS or LOF yet so hiding behind hills doesn't work.

I'm a supporter there, so that's why I have an account. Yet I do not exactly frequent their forum.
But I can say that I've been in touch with the devs some months ago and they were quite friendly back then.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: mikeck on January 30, 2013, 10:06:05 AM
I'll add this to the three hundred other games I want that are "in development" or looking for funding on kickstarter...do any of these games ever get released? So frustrating.(not this game) just venting while I wait for the imminent release of EB II (for the last year)

EB II?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert