How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?

Started by bayonetbrant, February 12, 2013, 07:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Seems I'm a little behind on my terrorist watching..... 10/25.

pawelj

20 correct out of 25. I think I now my terrorist shit.
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

bayonetbrant

19/25

3 I just flat didn't know
2 I narrowed down to 2 options and just picked the wrong one
1 I misread and so picked the wrong answer
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Being a news junkie and a few lucky guesses scored me an 18.

And, man, am I glad of that. I was afraid I'd dropped off DHS's radar and was being classified as a velociraptor instead of a boogie man. Now I'm sure I'm back on the right list!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

22 of 25.  I got the very first one wrong, but in my gut, I knew it was the Jews.  I just couldn't believe that the CSM would go so low as to blame Jews for being the world's first terrorists.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18



Longdan

17.  About #1. It just asked who those guys were and they were Judeans.
I thought their point was that the practice is old in that part of the world.
They did not mention the Stern Gang or the King David Hotel.
What it taught me was that I tend to lump all these guys as some kind of generic
terror moslems and that I do not know the difference between the terror groups they spawned.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Jarhead0331

#8
Quote from: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 10:55:57 AM
17.  About #1. It just asked who those guys were and they were Judeans.
I thought their point was that the practice is old in that part of the world.
They did not mention the Stern Gang or the King David Hotel.
What it taught me was that I tend to lump all these guys as some kind of generic
terror moslems and that I do not know the difference between the terror groups they spawned.

Wrong...it does not just "ask who those guys were..." It editorializes by characterizing the group as, "one of the very first terrorist groups in history..."
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Longdan

Would it be better if they said one of the very second?
People have been at this for a long time.  I guess they could have asked when the first
terrorist incident in Ireland occurred and pointed the question so it was a Protestant or
a Catholic group but I am an Irish Catholic by descent and have learned it doesn't matter
who started that mess some hundreds of years ago.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Windigo

#10
3 out of 25* .... wow... gonna go out and hug a tree  .... and give it a name... maybe Jasper






*maybe I did and maybe I didn't
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Longdan

digni enim sunt interdicunt

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 12, 2013, 11:35:02 AM
Quote from: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 10:55:57 AM
17.  About #1. It just asked who those guys were and they were Judeans.
I thought their point was that the practice is old in that part of the world.
They did not mention the Stern Gang or the King David Hotel.
What it taught me was that I tend to lump all these guys as some kind of generic
terror moslems and that I do not know the difference between the terror groups they spawned.

Wrong...it does not just "ask who those guys were..." It editorializes by characterizing the group as, "one of the very first terrorist groups in history..."

I agree w/ you JH. Perhaps they could have characterized it as "the first recorded" or some kind of qualifying statement.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.


Arctic Blast

That web site blows. "Hey, let's add every plugin and media gadget to our site in existence! Yes, we'll shrink the content down to taking up maybe a third of the screen!" It's like web design by ADD.

Oh, and I scored a 15.