Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm - Where did this come from?

Started by Grim.Reaper, April 11, 2013, 09:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper


bayonetbrant

you probably missed us talking about it elsewhere here...  I mean, Cap'n Darwin is only one of the designers/coders on it! ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 11, 2013, 09:57:34 PM
you probably missed us talking about it elsewhere here...  I mean, Cap'n Darwin is only one of the designers/coders on it! ;D

Any links to more information on it?  Looks like it has some good potential...coming out anytime soon?

Grim.Reaper

whoops...nevermind...just found it in the other land warfare thread:(

Capn Darwin

Grim,

We are still waiting to get bumped up in the Matrix queue to get an "official" coming soon announcement and new forum area. We are fielding questions on the sly down in the old FPG section of the forum at Matrix or I'll be happy to answer anything that shows up here as well. As soon as things get a bit more official I hope to do a preview article with LB to put up here.

Thanks.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

spelk

Which slot do I put my money in to get this now!!? :)

jomni

I was anticipating the Middle East one.  Now what happened to that?

Capn Darwin

Simple answer is it had too big a scope for a two man team and certain game code functions were not working as we wanted. Red Storm is built off of a number of things we had started in ME. If RS sells well and there is still interest in the game we may pursue it again, but in smaller chunks.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

jomni

So Red Storm is a limited interim game?  FPG port to the new game engine?

Capn Darwin

No. And no  A from the ground up new game. Based on what we learned from working the ME project.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

magnus

 Is it based on several different years of a Soviet attack or just on one year ie. 1975,1985 etc. or just 1985?

Cyrano

Two questions, if I might:

1.  MP options?

2.  MMP options, i.e., any chance of more than two players?

My thanks and best with the continued development.

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Capn Darwin

Quote from: magnus on April 12, 2013, 11:37:28 AM
Is it based on several different years of a Soviet attack or just on one year ie. 1975,1985 etc. or just 1985?

Answer: The current scenarios and campaigns are set in 89 to mimic the original game, but I'm hoping we can get a number of other scenarios or variants in for other years. The Red Storm Module covers the 1980s (1979 to 1989) for equipment and formation data for US, UK, West Germany, and the Soviets. Work has already started getting data and art for an add on with Poland, East Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium. We would like to get a number of others in the game as well like Canada, France, Denmark, Sweden to name a few for the Red Storm Module. With the built in ability to make scenarios, and the ease of editing/creating data and other assets, I think there will be a good sized Community Source for new things.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Capn Darwin

Quote from: Cyrano on April 12, 2013, 12:26:26 PM
Two questions, if I might:

1.  MP options?

2.  MMP options, i.e., any chance of more than two players?

My thanks and best with the continued development.

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Answer: The game can be played either side versus the AI, Hot Seat, PBEM, and PBEM++ via the Matrix servers at the moment. Number of players is 0 to 2. We may have to ponder the 2+ arena down the road. That would make for some interesting games if players held various HQ functions or nationalities.

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

panzerde

I've been watching this and really, really want it.  The screenshots and discussion of the game have robbed me of any desire to fire up the original FPG.  I hope Matrix stops dragging their feet on this.  I'll buy this the instant it's available.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres