Civ V -- Brave New World Expansion Pack (Summer 2013)

Started by steve58, March 15, 2013, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I will definitely do that when I get home...tried the voucher at GMG yesterday for Rising Storm and it was the firsf game it did not work for.

That begs the question...is it worth 20.00?

Are there new units included for existing civs?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

#31
^...lots of new units.  Some are unique to the new civs, some are available to all.  There is even an Xcom Squad :D

http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_bravenewworld.html

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Steelgrave

Quote from: steve58 on July 09, 2013, 02:25:47 PM
^...lots of new units.  Some are unique to the new civs, some are available to all.  There is even an Xcom Squad :D

AIHEEEEE!!!!  An XCom squad! I'm having a Civ nerdgasm!

tgb

Quote from: steve58 on July 09, 2013, 02:06:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2013, 12:37:10 PM
You guys think it's worth the hefty price?

Try using voucher code GMG20-F202F-UI40F at Greenmangaming.

It should knock off 20%, plus GMG is giving $4 cash back or $6 GMG credit, so it should cost you about ~$20, less if you count the $4 cash back or $6 credit...

I used a 20% off code for the pre-order a month or so ago and it worked just fine (wish they'd had the $4 cash back or $6 credit deal then).  Got my Steam code this morning and it worked fine.

I get a message that says "unable to use the voucher".

steve58

^ Well that bites, sorry for the mis-info.  Maybe because it just released today.  Odd though that I could use a 20% voucher on a pre-order. :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Yeah I just tried it and also could not use it...going to wait and see if it becomes part of the Steam sale.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

^same here. I got it fer about $20 using the GMG voucher.

Not very much money fer the amount of new content.

Gusington

The voucher worked for you?? And you didn't preorder?

To be honest the feature I cannot walk away from is the Scramble for Africa scenario...yummy.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

I'm trying to get it purchased right now.  Just got in from my drinks w/ the city council guy that pushed through my traffic idea.  Fascinating dude - turns out we know about 10-12 of the same people from the military, including my brother's godfather, who has known me since I was about 3 years old.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

What do you mean 'get it purchased?' Isn't it just click...done?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2013, 07:06:24 PM
What do you mean 'get it purchased?' Isn't it just click...done?

I had to update my credit card info
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

I read on Gamestop or IGN that Brave New World disables some features from Gods and Kings and the base game. Can anyone verify? I don't want to lose DLC or scenarios.

If that is not true I am going to buy ASAP.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2013, 08:29:47 PM
I read on Gamestop or IGN that Brave New World disables some features from Gods and Kings and the base game. Can anyone verify? I don't want to lose DLC or scenarios.

If that is not true I am going to buy ASAP.

I haven't heard that or noticed any disabled features. It does change the game. I did read that Brave New World doesn't include some features from Gods and Kings.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

^What do you mean?

I am a hair away from pulling the trigger, even for the high price. It just looks too good and the scenarios (Scramble for Africa, American Civil War) are right in my wheelhouse.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd